"Jon didn't need steriods to win"

Not long ago, I watched Justin Gatlin become the fastest man in the world at 35. Nobody believed that was possible for such an old guy. Nobody in the running community believes it is possible at that age without doping. Everyone, fans, professionals, journalists, trainers knows he is doping.

In MMA at least half the fans believe men at 37, 38 and even 40 can compete with 27 year olds at the highest level and never used peds. Why are MMA fans so naive?

Interesting point. I think with pro fighting, and maybe this is partially just something we like to romanticize with these sports, but there's a definitely element where a crafty veteran is able to overcome physical disadvantages and beat a younger stronger foe. When Randy Couture fought Gonzaga, even breaking his arm early in the fight blocking a high kick, was able to use his smarts and his wrestling to grind the energy out of Gabes and eventually take him out. Floyd in boxing in the same way. An older pitcher or quarterback is the same thing, look at Brady.

Definitely a bit different than just running down a track.

He didn't need steroids to win.

Simple minded morons are the acting like steroids equate to everything in the cage and it doesn't work like that.

Nope they help with everything outside of the cage also.. training.. perfecting techniques allowing to go longer and harder

I guess TRT Vitor, Chael, Hendo and a host of fighters who went from killers to barely being able to win a fight once USADA kicked in had nothing to do with drugs

Jones vs DC one was Jan 3rd, 2015. USADA random testing started July 1st, 2015. Just because he didn't get caught doesn't mean he was clean. He had one strange test pre USADA where he had the testosterone levels of a 4 year old girl. Definitely some sort chemical fuckery going on with him for a while.
Jones will pay with his balls in the long run.

He decided to risk his reputation and career over something he didn't need?

Just because he didn't get caught doesn't mean he was clean.

when does that not apply? because everyone isn't clean by that standard.

i get what you're saying but in your earlier post you said he'd be an idiot to use steroids if he didn't need them, but isn't he an idiot no matter what? if he needed the steroids, and he took them, did he think he was magically going to pass the test? if he was just doing it to get past DC, isn't he still an idiot because he pretty much destroyed the rest of his career doing that? even further, isn't he an idiot for not acquiring some professional help to pass the tests?

i mean, at this point, you can't really question how stupid Jones can be, him taking steroids even if he didn't need them to beat DC does not seem like outrageous behavior when you realize you're talking about a guy who regularly gets high on coke and weed, driving around, crashes his car, flees the scene, returns to get his drugs and then runs, hides under a ring for hours to avoid drug testing, continually fakes his public persona,

the guy is a sociopath. there's no logic behind their behavior other than self indulgence.

also, i'm pretty sure didn't DC have some messed test levels also? just not as bad as Jones?

Jon Jones didn't believe he could win without PEDs and that's the only thing that matters.

He didn't need performance enhancing drugs to enhance his performances. Dick pills were enough for that purpose.

<seedat><18>

The drug Jones got busted for is the same one the German women used, was it early 80's or earlier, anyways, there's still records from that olympics such as i believe the javelin and a running relay that have never been broken almost 40 years later. PED's make a huge difference in performance, just look at Belfort.

it makes a huge difference in pure athleticism, it doesn't change Fabio Maldonado into Floyd Mayweather Jr though.

you need actual skills to go along with the phenomenal athleticism.

He didn't need steroids to win.

Simple minded morons are the acting like steroids equate to everything in the cage and it doesn't work like that.

I like when idiots like you say that but yet are dumb to not figure out if this were true then wtf did Jones take Steroids?Face it, your statement does not make sense.

He didn't need performance enhancing drugs to enhance his performances. Dick pills were enough for that purpose.

<seedat><18>

it's called loading the deck. NOBODY knows if he'd be able to beat DC clean, but that doesn't mean he couldn't. again, the steroids could've been the difference, but the difference is unknown. maybe it was the difference that made Jones be able to win, or maybe it was the difference that just turned a Jones decision win into a KO win.

i don't know if you know this, but people on steroids lose all the time too.

I completely agree that he's an idiot but fans really do have a fucked up perspective on what steroids actually do for the result of a fight.

They let you train alot harder for longer, help you recover from injuries quicker, increase strength by alot.

They also do quite abit psychologically and help you be more aggressive.

They do alot more than people are making out.

I like when idiots like you say that but yet are dumb to not figure out if this were true then wtf did Jones take Steroids?Face it, your statement does not make sense.

i don't know? maybe the same reason people who aren't athletes take steroids????

Jones doesn't need eye pokes to win but he still does it.

The fucked up part is he knows its illegal but still does it anyways. Just like steroids.

Athletes dont take peds only because it increases their chanes of winning.....improved recovery from work outs.....quicker healing of injuries , asthetics, longer career span....potential increase in pay.....

there are millions potentially on the line.....its rational to leave as little to chance as possible....
Yeah I agree but all those things you listed either go into winning or are a result of winning except the aesthetics thing. I don't believe Jones or any other top athlete is vain enough to risk millions for just looking good in the mirror.

It's funny how you guys think other fighters aren't juiced the fuck up. They alll do steroids. Anderson didn't look like he was. Gilbert didn't look it either. DC has probably taken testosterone at some point. Now It's just about not getting caught. Tyron, Yoel, Rockhold, Conor, All these dudes..... steroids.

Fuck You!!!! Connor aint ever done steroids. He even told Diaz he aint never done that shit.

Back