"Jon didn't need steriods to win"

He didn't need steroids to win.

Simple minded morons are the acting like steroids equate to everything in the cage and it doesn't work like that.
If he thought he needed steroids to win, then he did need steroids to win. Ninety percent of this game is half mental.

I completely agree that he's an idiot but fans really do have a fucked up perspective on what steroids actually do for the result of a fight.

The drug Jones got busted for is the same one the German women used, was it early 80's or earlier, anyways, there's still records from that olympics such as i believe the javelin and a running relay that have never been broken almost 40 years later. PED's make a huge difference in performance, just look at Belfort.

Not long ago, I watched Justin Gatlin become the fastest man in the world at 35. Nobody believed that was possible for such an old guy. Nobody in the running community believes it is possible at that age without doping. Everyone, fans, professionals, journalists, trainers knows he is doping.

In MMA at least half the fans believe men at 37, 38 and even 40 can compete with 27 year olds at the highest level and never used peds. Why are MMA fans so naive?

I think your point of view actually makes Jon Jones look worse. Rather than just a cheater, if what you think is true, it makes him a fucking retard who costed himself his entire reputation plus millions of dollars for no reason.

that is certainly a possibility. people do stupid stuff.

If he thought he needed steroids to win, then he did need steroids to win. Ninety percent of this game is half mental.

Timmah approved!

tim-sylvia-ufc.jpg

there is a reason, he thought he needed them. the key words here are he thought that doesn't mean he actually did need them.

this actually is a slippery slope because maybe he did need them this last time, but he obviously didn't need them the first time.

people are acting like Jon Jones didn't beat DC before, and didn't test positive.

Jones vs DC one was Jan 3rd, 2015. USADA random testing started July 1st, 2015. Just because he didn't get caught doesn't mean he was clean. He had one strange test pre USADA where he had the testosterone levels of a 4 year old girl. Definitely some sort chemical fuckery going on with him for a while.

Don't listen to the ignorant fools trying to downplay this situation. Use ViTRTor as an example. Then tell me he didn't need steroids,

I have heard Dana White and other people say that. That is a confirmation bias.

PED's use over an extended period of time can make anybody look phenomenal.
Thats not true. There are many people who dont get extreme results with PED usage. Looking phenomenal still takes training.
A lot of fighters that he beat could've beaten the version that fought OSP. Everyone contributed his performance against OSP to ring rust, but miraculously seemed more confident and capable against DC.

Just because he didn't piss hot for the OSP fight doesn't mean he didn't use. Anti-doping doesn't work. The tests aren't sophisticated enough to catch the vast majority of doping instances. They are beaten every day.
Time to let that argument go. His OSP performance is a baseline to compare his career against. Time to start marking asterisks on his record.

Its pro sports....pro athletes take PEDs....why the torches and pitchforks?....its not like theyve damaged your personal property of harmed a family member....this crazy level of unwarranted stigma associated with PEDs is the exact reason that such a culture of lying exists in sports.

Its only users who says that.. (Dana, Rogan etc, to make them feel good, powerful)

Maybe though, who knows.

It's funny how you guys think other fighters aren't juiced the fuck up. They alll do steroids. Anderson didn't look like he was. Gilbert didn't look it either. DC has probably taken testosterone at some point. Now It's just about not getting caught. Tyron, Yoel, Rockhold, Conor, All these dudes..... steroids.

Simple minded morons are the acting like steroids equate to everything in the cage and it doesn't work like that.
No one is saying that but if you think steroids didn't contribute to his success then you are a simple minded moron.

He may have thought he needed it for looks or power lifting.

You don't know.

This statement illustrates exactly how far you're willing to take your delusions.

It would be impressive if it wasn't so horrifying.

I completely agree that he's an idiot but fans really do have a fucked up perspective on what steroids actually do for the result of a fight.

Lets assume he has roided his whole prime. At least you cant say he would have beaten Gus without PEDs, since the fight was basically a coinflip. Otherwise it would be like saying PEDs dont make any difference at all.

I believe he would have likely beaten Shogun, Rampage, Sonnen etc. as a clean fighter. But not DC and definitely not Gustafsson.

and simple minded morons are acting like HE DIDN'T THINK HE NEEDED THEM.

Athletes dont take peds only because it increases their chanes of winning.....improved recovery from work outs.....quicker healing of injuries , asthetics, longer career span....potential increase in pay.....

there are millions potentially on the line.....its rational to leave as little to chance as possible....

Back