Jon Anik "Darren Till not the tapping type"

El General

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Not here for tap shaming. Just thought it was funny anik says this and till immediately tapped 2 secs later.

Anik is the tap-shamer. "Not the tapping type" implies that there's something wrong with tapping when you're stuck and will only risk serious injury, which is just stupid.

This type of comment from the booth and fight timing will always amuse me

Not sure if its supposed to be a compliment, the "tapping type" that Anik looks down upon includes:

Fedor Emelianenko
Georges St Pierre
Kazushi Sakuraba
Anderson Silva
Dan Henderson
Michael Bisping
Conor McGregor
Randy Couture
Shogun Rua
Etc etc etc ...and the majority of the UFC hall of fame lol

Anik is an idiot

Nothing wrong with tapping.

Till had nothing for Woodley.

He wasn't tapping, he was trying to let the ref know he's moving to 185

Anik is the tap-shamer. "Not the tapping type" implies that there's something wrong with tapping when you're stuck and will only risk serious injury, which is just stupid.
giphy.gif

Now if you tap to a kneebar to avoid permanent injury that's one thing, but if you tap to a choke that will only render you temporarily unconscious then you're confirmed weaker minded than Holly Holms and deserve to be slut shamed.

"Jon Anik here alongside Kenny Florian" - Kenny Florian.

Imagine if Till kissed him on the nose, just imagine.

I don't think Anik saying it implies what you wrote, but rather implies that he considered Till to be the type of a fighter and a person that would go out before the thought of tapping even crossed his mind, and saying that doesn't imply there's anything positive or negative about that trait, just an attempt at an objective point of view.

Obviously he was wrong, but I didn't find the phrase itself all that awkward or demeaning.

Last edited:
it's only because Jon thought Till would rather sleep than tap which it looked like was about to happen

I think his logic was he's never tapped before. He probably saw it on his stat sheet

My point is that there is nothing to base it off of. He wouldnt know. He can think he knows what any fighter would or wouldnt do in a certain situation but he doesnt. I mean, if till had previously loss via submission and didnt tap, then it would be justified. The dude had never lost until last night, as a commentator, prob shouldnt comment what they think a person might do in that situation.

Edit: "saw it on the stat sheet" went right over my head lol

Last edited:
I think his logic was he's never tapped before. He probably saw it on his stat sheet
I took a dislike to Anik the first time I saw him, it was before JDS vs Cain and he was highlighting the submission threat that JDS posed, based on his submission victory over crocop.
<{hughesimpress}>

Anik is a bitch that shaves his head for street cred even though he has a perfect hairline. Joe needs to get him on HGH/Alpha Brain/Stem cell injections before I can even take him seriously.

Back