JOKER Origin Movie (First Poster Released)

Will Joaquin Phoenix make a good Joker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t sure at first, but I like it. A different take that really reminds me of John Wayne Gacy. It’s pretty creepy. Especially to me since I just listened to a podcast about JWG not long ago.

7f7bfd642d2632e2cd9b4fe0d580b15a.jpg

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are going to be let down though by the lack of super powers and CGI though

not the real fans of Joker

<{jackyeah}>
he used to just stab people and hire goons to shoot up places
all the gizmos and whacky props came later including the Bang! gun

on a side note, I like the idea of bright coloring for Joker's makeup in the comics because it was always a nice contrast between the shadows of the Batman universe and Batman's costume in general
media.jpg

in films it needs to be faded. Washed out. In Nolan's realism context Joker doesn't constantly reapply his makeup he's busy stumbling around, he's lost in his thoughts, he's plotting something calculating, he doesn't primp. He also doesn't have the skin-bleaching from chemicals in the same line as the comics. Neither does Phoenix

1811.gif

Ledger's joker looked perfect because his disheveled state heightened his insanity and showed the contours of his face (every last wrinkle) and implied he lived in makeup for over-long stretches of time

ezgif-5-32033efc71.gif

this is too clean, too saturated, and doesn't let Phoenix's natural face show through the makeup
then again, cracking the makeup would have probably angered fans of Ledger who saw imitation in it, so it's lose-lose really

Leto is enough of a diva/pretty-boy/hip-hop 'wildstyle' Joker persona to allow his makeup to be clean, you believe it in a sort of Aryan gangster backdrop
joker-suicide-squad-jared-leto.jpg

But for Joaquin Phoenix give the guy some room to act without painting his eyebrows up

Looks creepy as fuck.

I don't care about superhero movies but this is interesting.

Honestly wish he didn't look like a Cancer chemo patient... Heath Ledger a little more mature would have been perfect..

DC should do what they ought to have done in the first place and throw the kitchen sink at Bale to get him to appear in a small role as Batman. Playing opposite Joaquin might just be what it takes to entice him back.

I know this creates continuity problems with Ledger's Joker... but... I... just... don't...care!

I'd be down

Don't know how I feel about this movie yet but that doesn't look like the Joker to me

Neither did Ledger though right? Or Hardy as Bane.

Hardy as Bane was a miscast in my view. Hardy was just way too short for the role. Bale and Ledger are both several inches taller, in no universe should Bane be the smallest guy in the room. Although, the casting of Bane was one of the lesser problems with DKR

Neither did Ledger though right? Or Hardy as Bane.
I think Ledger had the look, it was modified but the color scheme was right. Bane was different but it worked. This just looks like a clown.

This has potential.

Maybe even introducing batman for the sequel

Update: September 22, 2018

First Look at Joaquin Phoenix in Full Joker Mode in JOKER Riot Scene Set Photos

joaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joker-filming-riot-scene-02.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joker-filming-riot-scene-10.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joker-filming-riot-scene-04.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joker-filming-riot-scene-08.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joker-filming-riot-scene-19.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joker-filming-riot-scene-28.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joker-filming-riot-scene-07.jpg

joaquin-phoenix-transforms-into-the-joker-filming-riot-scene-09.jpg