JOKER Origin Movie (First Poster Released)

Will Joaquin Phoenix make a good Joker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pagliacci?

OxLR.gif

tumblr_luudnznxeG1qgz9tno8_r1_250.gif

Update: September 21, 2018

Director Todd Phillips Shares Test Footage of Joaquin Phoenix in Full Joker Makeup

Apparently this isnt tied in with the DCEU?

So Jared Leto still gonna release his joker movie?

Will Joaquin's Joker be a one off? Will batman appear?

If Batman does appear it won't be Ben Affleck

So it doesn't really matter, does it?

The rumor is there will be this movie and then Leto will play Joker in another movie along with another Suicide Squad.

DC...this is why you suck.

What’s next for Leto’s Joker is the Joker/Harley movie described as Bad Santa w/This Is Us...

So there’s that.

Heres one of the ways to restart dceu,

Have a dc movie such as this be successful, and SLOWY build from the bottom up and retcon the other chet.

After cavill leaving, affleck most likely out, i dont get how aquaman movie, wonder woman movie and shazam even makes sense. Like wtf is going on

Have a dc movie such as this be successful, and SLOWY build from the bottom up and retcon the other chet.

After cavill leaving, affleck most likely out, i dont get how aquaman movie, wonder woman movie and shazam even makes sense. Like wtf is going on

You're right. The rebuilding will start with the Joker film if it's a success.

Big if though.

Whatever happens; they gotta keep Gadot though.

Stop with all the god damn CGI.. This movie won't have any most likely... and that is GREAT!

Phoenix is a method actor that is in character at all times too.. You know he is taking this roll as seriously as possible.

I think a lot of people are going to be let down though by the lack of super powers and CGI though... lol.

I'm the total opposite I like my Eddie Brocks cowering in fear inside the Venom suit, I like the comics where the Joker cries through a giant smile. We see many villains have "corruptable" effects to their condition that mask their humanity -- it's why there are so many moments where the heroes appeal to the "trapped" person inside during fights. If the villain has full-blown sympathetic origins it becomes that much more dramatic when they get punched into jello

Magneto, Sandman, Dr Connors, Bizarro, Poison Ivy, Doomsday, you name it chances are there's a sad person inside
Doomsday is essentially a golem. Basically created to be the perfect killing machine.

Doomsday is essentially a golem. Basically created to be the perfect killing machine.

if that's supposed to be a counterpoint to Doomsday's sympathetic origin story it's not

he was subjected to trials as a baby that were designed to kill him over and over again to make his clones stronger until he survived "Edge of Tomorrow" style; his torture made him hate humanity and all life

Golems in general are sad inside, but he's no golem. Being infused with his own life over and over again is different from the power of golems that harness the power of an entire kingdom, clan or family -- different skillsets and fully-lived lives of training, not 50 incinerated infants killed prematurely, that would be a shitty golem

I like to think of Doomsday as a giant dead baby joke rolled up into a package to kill superman because of lazy writing

Just scrap the EU and make movies. If characters show up in each other's movies, cool.

DC will never get it.

Casting different actors constantly in the same role kills the consistency of the product, and this compounds DC's "establishment problems." They have absolutely no clue how to establish characters.

Can you imagine if there was a different Iron Man in the trilogy than the one in the AVENGERS films, and then another actor playing Iron Man in a rebooted origin story?

I would agree if we were talking about Affleck or Leto.

But Joaquin Phoenix is, like Bale or Ledger, a bona fide acting talent. There are maybe 3-4 actors that I would be okay with taking a shot at the role, and he's definitely one.

My concern is that DC will resist, or outright thwart, a director trying to make an artistic, complex, and adult-oriented Batman film, after the Marvel films showed you can be much more profitable by generating a product that appeals to both adults and kids, while parents weren't chomping at the bit to take their kids to see the Nolan trilogy.

IDK, after The Dark Knight, everything will be a disappointment even if it's great.

probably gonna be shit just like all the other dcu movies

If Batman does appear it won't be Ben Affleck

So it doesn't really matter, does it?

DC should do what they ought to have done in the first place and throw the kitchen sink at Bale to get him to appear in a small role as Batman. Playing opposite Joaquin might just be what it takes to entice him back.

I know this creates continuity problems with Ledger's Joker... but... I... just... don't...care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back