JOKER Origin Movie (First Poster Released)

Will Joaquin Phoenix make a good Joker

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DC's Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad have got me stepping on some Marvel geeks necks. If a movie is bad, like BvS, then I can't say jack but when a film kills it and the haters are just spamming crap I will be here to fight the good fight brother.

{<redford}

FIGHT ME NOW!!!

I mean... FIGHT US... DAMN IT.... We're united now. :cool:

I'd bet the house on this movie being garbage just like every other DC film(outside of WW).

I have no clue how they can make a story for this that connects, unless it's full on villain point of view. I'm still surprised they didn't say fuck it and toss the Rock (black adam) into a movie with superman and then have him front and center in justice league.

Awful idea. An origin story would probably ruin Joker. He doesn't even have one in the comics. That and whoever they cast will still be in the shadow of Heath Ledger.

If they do it right it will actually make the character more interesting.

Not hard to understand this.

Part of this characters charm is not knowing exactly what's behind it all.

Part of the fear in the movie Alien was hardly ever seeing it or only catching flashes of it.

Part of the fascination with Jack the Ripper is not knowing who he is.

Shouldn't be hard to understand why people think this is a bad idea.

If they followed The Killing Joke it might be ok unless they tried adding extra flash to it.

You really think they're not gonna try and add extra flash?

I think the biggest problem with these Hollywood adaptations (regardless of whether it's TV, Netflix or film) is that these Hollywood shitbags all seem to think that they are more talented than the comic book writers.

No, you herpes-infected cum-dumpster, you are not.

Seriously, the anal warts over at Fox think that they can tell a better X-Men story than Chris Claremont.

<{nope}>

JOKER Origin Movie with Todd Phillips to Direct and Martin Scorsese as Producer

AXEJHIG.jpg

Warner Bros and DC are in the early stages of another Batman Universe spinoff movie, this one telling the origin story of the signature villain The Joker. The studio has set The Hangover‘s Todd Phillips to co-write a script with 8 Mile scribe Scott Silver. Phillips will direct the movie, and Martin Scorsese will produce it with Phillips.

This will be the first film under a new banner that has yet to be named in which WB can expand the canon of DC properties and create unique storylines with different actors playing the iconic characters.

Deadline is told that the intention is to make an origin story that isn’t part of any other iteration. The Joker has memorably been part of two Batman movies in the form of Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger, and was most recently played by Jared Leto in the first Suicide Squad film. He will reprise in the Suicide Squad sequel and the Harley Quinn spinoff, but this new film will launch the character with a different actor, possibly younger.

An intriguing part is the setting. The intention is to make a gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film set in early-’80s Gotham City that isn’t meant to feel like a DC movie as much as one of Scorsese’s films from that era, like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull or The King Of Comedy. Deadline is told that Phillips and Silver are writing already, but there is nothing firm on where this will fit into the DC schedule.

Phillips most recently directed War Dogs with Jonah Hill and Miles Teller. Silver’s recent script credits include The Fighter as well as Stronger, the David Gordon Green-directed Toronto-bound drama that stars Jake Gyllenhaal as Jeff Bauman, whose lower legs were blown off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon terror attack.

The Joker Origin Story On Deck: Todd Phillips, Scott Silver, Martin Scorsese Aboard WB/DC Film (Exclusive)

As a producer? Ahhh, who cares.

Ive said this from day 1. An origin story of Joker would be masterful (as would Freddy Krueger).

BUT!

You have to make it rated R and not hold back. Make him ingeniously evil.

Someone other than jared leto please.

I didn't have an issue with his casting tbh. But the writing for his character wasn't anything special. I definitely think if working with the right people he could pull it off tho.

I didn't have an issue with his casting tbh. But the writing for his character wasn't anything special. I definitely think if working with the right people he could pull it off tho.
My pick would be Crispin Glover

Because it was a solid movie.

The two best comic book movies in recent years have been Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad.

Guardians of the Galaxy was good but not better.
Suicide squad was painful to watch for me haven't see ww yet.

Comic book films better than suicide squad in recent years
Kingsmen
X men days of future past
Deadpool

If you go back a bit a little, don't know if these count as recent to you
Dredd
X men first class

I'm no a marvel fan boy and find most of the recent crop of films boring ( civil war should of been avengers 3 imo) but suicide squad was trash even bvs was better.

As to the joker film I just want superhero films to slow down a bit there's too many coming out

So Scorsese wants to make a shitty movie finally, I guess.

Sounds mob as fuck

A Joker origin story disguised as a Scorsese inspired mafioso crime film

I think it could work. I'm in.

Bunch of dudes hanging off Marvel's nuts.

How is this a bad movie?

And Suicide Squad was 10x better than CA Civil War.

Fight me.

What a fucking dipshit. Anyone who believes SS was better than CW is simply trolling.

This is a moronic idea because we don't know the Jokers origin! Part of his mystique is not knowing his background. He's a force of nature. Trying to give him some stupid origin is spitting in the face of the comics.

I am a massive fan of both DC and Marvel, but please stop with the hero films jesus fucking christ. I absolutely love superheroes, but even I am tired of them now.

I don't believe Joker is such a fantastic character to warrant another origin story movie. Can't they pick some other character more interesting?

Part of this characters charm is not knowing exactly what's behind it all.

Part of the fear in the movie Alien was hardly ever seeing it or only catching flashes of it.

Part of the fascination with Jack the Ripper is not knowing who he is.

Shouldn't be hard to understand why people think this is a bad idea.
It's easy to see you're focusing so much on the question factor that you miss the forest through the trees.

I never knew much about Iron man in 2008 and it was fascinating to watch his story unfold. And before you say, "You can't compare Iron man with the Joker!"

Nonsense. A character is a character and character development is a true skill I want to see implemented on the Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back