joining the navy

I'd just tell them that I didn't need to go to basic training and that they would be sending me straight to SEAL training then I'd get picked right away for SEAL team 6. Hats just how I roll.

The green berets would also want me and since my skills are so legit the military would allow me to be both a green beret and a SEAL, like I said, it's just how I roll.

When they see how badass I am they will basically let me run missions any way I want and they will come to me for advice.

Fact.

I'd just tell them that I didn't need to go to basic training and that they would be sending me straight to SEAL training then I'd get picked right away for SEAL team 6. Hats just how I roll.

The green berets would also want me and since my skills are so legit the military would allow me to be both a green beret and a SEAL, like I said, it's just how I roll.

When they see how badass I am they will basically let me run missions any way I want and they will come to me for advice.

Fact.
It would be unfair on your enemies to actually let you fight them bro

It would be unfair on your enemies to actually let you fight them bro

Yeah I'd have to go in without anybweapons or something for it to be fair....if they sent me in with guns it would be a war crime.....some Geneva convention shit...

Thanks. I was actually in the process of joining but there were just so many hurdles that i just decided to go back to school. When i first went to the recruiter i was 219 pounds, which is by far the most out of shape I've ever been, but he told me to come back at 185. A year later i came back at 183, then i had to get all of my documents which took forever because they were never "official" enough. I finally got that squared away and he told me to get to 175 pounds to prove that i could keep my weight down by the time i went to meps. I was gonna try to do that until he told me i had to pay off my student loans before i could even go to meps, that would take forever so I just sort of gave up.

Now I'm considering joining the Navy, I'm a year away from my Associates Degree but I've always had an interest in the military because of the benefits.

Alright, if you have any questions about the AF, you can ask me.

Really if you're going to join the Navy you don't need to be in crazy good shape. I would just run the Couch to 5K program and you'll be fine. I think they do a 2 mile run in the Navy, which isn't bad. Most everyone will make it through Navy basic training. They aren't trying to make you wash out in basic. They want everyone to succeed and make it into the organization. So look up their basic standards and just start working towards them. If you can't meet them yet, then you'll definitely meet them by the time it matters.

Now if you want to go be a SEAL that's another story. You need to be a physical specimen and have amazing mental fortitude. Those guys are running like 5 miles with packs before doing 500 meter swims and back to another 5 mile run. You basically need to have top of the line conditioning. It's entirely possible to do, but you need serious determination and grit to make it. You don't show up to SEAL school to get in shape. You show up in shape and they remind you that you aren't.

Really if you're going to join the Navy you don't need to be in crazy good shape. I would just run the Couch to 5K program and you'll be fine. I think they do a 2 mile run in the Navy, which isn't bad...

1.5 mile run, pushups, situps, be within weight standards and be able to swim. That's really all it takes.

The navy sounds like you're less likely to killed than the army. Is that right?

You can get killed anywhere, but I'd rank it as follows in risk:

1. Marines
2. Army
3. Navy
4. Air Force

These are the branches as a whole -- you're at higher risk as EOD, as a SEAL or as certain other recon/special forces/etc. so this is just a generalization.

1.5 mile run, pushups, situps, be within weight standards and be able to swim. That's really all it takes.

And it's all indoors too right??? At the Great Lakes training center?

Probably entirely depends on your job. Both have office/administrative positions and both have sharp end combat positions.

I have a friend who's a marine and when he lived at Miramar, he was in payroll, he never deployed or anything.

And it's all indoors too right??? At the Great Lakes training center?
Yep. You also have to be able to touch your toes. It's not really that hard to pass the fitness tests. But I'd get in shape before heading off to boot camp, because you don't want to make it tough on yourself.

Yep. You also have to be able to touch your toes. It's not really that hard to pass the fitness tests. But I'd get in shape before heading off to boot camp, because you don't want to make it tough on yourself.

Yeah you'd have to be a dumbass to head to basic and not have some fitness already. I'd really hate to have to gut it out for 2 months with shin splints or plantar fasciitis or something shitty from just jumping into basic training from the couch.

Yeah you'd have to be a dumbass to head to basic and not have some fitness already. I'd really hate to have to gut it out for 2 months with shin splints or plantar fasciitis or something shitty from just jumping into basic training from the couch.
We marched eight miles a day, my feet blistered from that and the new boots. Hike, get so you can do a couple of fast miles running, a couple hundred yards swimming, a hundred push-ups, a hundred sit-ups, and everything will be dandy. As long as sleep deprivation and discipline and getting yelled at aren't a problem for you, you're fine.

We marched eight miles a day, my feet blistered from that and the new boots. Hike, get so you can do a couple of fast miles running, a couple hundred yards swimming, a hundred push-ups, a hundred sit-ups, and everything will be dandy. As long as sleep deprivation and discipline and getting yelled at aren't a problem for you, you're fine.

I just watched a series called "the selection" where there was like 30 people trying to make it through like 10 days of "special forces training"....only like 4 made it and at the very very end, some dropped on the last day in the last few miles of a hard ruck because of blisters.

Made me want to try it.

Back