Johnny walker vs Anthony Smith is the fight to make

Has he earned it though? 3 fight win streak, with two of them being against Rashad and Shogun. He's got a claim to a shot but I disagree that he's the clear leader.

I think Reyes is a whole lot better than Smith, and could be competitive with Jon on the feet, at least for a while. Hell, Latifi would be a more interesting fight, and if he beats Corey he'll have put a better run together than Smith as well.

I agree with you that Jon will probably run roughshod over the division anyway, but Smith would be an absolute massacre, just has nothing for Jon.
He seems overconfident for a guy who knocked out Rashad and Shogun in 2018, and then didn't look very good against Volkan. As Jon said at the 232 press conference, Volkan is not a ground guy at all and yet Smith was pretty much losing up until that 3rd round. If Volkan had higher fight IQ he could have easily won that. Not impressed by Smith AT ALL, and his talk saying Jones isn't a threat to him is just laughable.

Either way, I have Gus winning at 232 anyways. So Gus can hand him an L

Let's hold our horses here, Walker just made his UFC debut. Give him someone outside the top 15, build him up, do this the smart way. What's the point rushing this guy to top 10 fights.

Bump DC Bones 3 for DC Walker after that great fight.

Has he earned it though? 3 fight win streak, with two of them being against Rashad and Shogun. He's got a claim to a shot but I disagree that he's the clear leader.

I think Reyes is a whole lot better than Smith, and could be competitive with Jon on the feet, at least for a while. Hell, Latifi would be a more interesting fight as well, and if he beats Corey he'll have put a better run together than Smith as well.

I agree with you that Jon will probably run roughshod over the division anyway, but Smith would just be an absolute massacre. Has nothing for Jones at all, lasts as many rounds as Jon chooses.
In LHW it's currently a short route to earn it
Finishing Oz is certainly more of a feather in the cap than UD'ing OSP

I don't think either guy has anything for Jones (or Gus for that matter) so just give it to the guy that has the highest ranked recent win.

Pretty sure both guys will get their shot at some point either way.

Johnny Walker > Round 3 > Saki > Spong > Remy > Reem > Werdum > Fedor

JW is clearly Kixkboxing and MMA GOAT
He should skip Smith, replace Gus and fight Jones for the belt

Back