Johnny Hendricks vs gsp

Ninjaturtle44

White Belt
Reaction score
Just curious to what you all think of tonight in terms of the welterweight championship.
IMO diaz did get dominated by takedowns and jabs, but round 3 4 he peppered gsp with shots rocked him a bit and gsp took him down he wanted none of it.
he also threw more leg kicks had bit of success but besides that gsp won pretty convincingly:(
The question is does hendricks have the ability to sprawl gsp and almost have the chuck liddell approac in terms of sprawling and brawling. one shot of his would decapitate gsp, and i also think gsp could try a simular approach to condit/gsp jabs feints and alot of circling rather then rish a big left shooting for a takedown.
id like to see diaz vs ellenburger and the winner fight for the belt i personall think diaz would wreck hendricks because his chin is insane
Thoughts?

I think GSP is going to try to keep Hendricks on the end of his jab, avoid the first round bombs, and just wear Hendricks out.

I like Johnny, but his cardio isn't what GSP's is and I don't think he uses his wrestling in MMA as effectively as GSP does. I'll also be interested to see how he handles GSP's top control.

Just curious to what you all think of tonight in terms of the welterweight championship.
IMO diaz did get dominated by takedowns and jabs, but round 3 4 he peppered gsp with shots rocked him a bit and gsp took him down he wanted none of it.
he also threw more leg kicks had bit of success but besides that gsp won pretty convincingly:(
The question is does hendricks have the ability to sprawl gsp and almost have the chuck liddell approac in terms of sprawling and brawling. one shot of his would decapitate gsp, and i also think gsp could try a simular approach to condit/gsp jabs feints and alot of circling rather then rish a big left shooting for a takedown.
id like to see diaz vs ellenburger and the winner fight for the belt i personall think diaz would wreck hendricks because his chin is insane
Thoughts?

condit vs diaz** my bad

If GSP survives the first three rounds, winning at least one of them, he takes the UD over a gassed Hendricks

I think GSP is going to try to keep Hendricks on the end of his jab, avoid the first round bombs, and just wear Hendricks out.

I like Johnny, but his cardio isn't what GSP's is and I don't think he uses his wrestling in MMA as effectively as GSP does. I'll also be interested to see how he handles GSP's top control.

do you think gsp can get him down i think he can to but i also think hendricks can stuff them i was highl suprised diaz was even able to im a huge fan and i even thought gsp would be distinctivly stronger

If GSP survives the first three rounds, winning at least one of them, he takes the UD over a gassed Hendricks

it would be the most timid safe approach we have ever seen from gsp also greg jackson wasnt in his corner again did anyone notice that?

i think gsp will beat hendricks.he lost to condit in my eyes.hendricks thinks he has better wrestling than gsp.he couldn't keep condit down on the floor and ground and pound him like gsp did.

Hendricks leans forward dramatically when punching. His center of gravity is so far ahead of his hips. This means that he will be open to GSP's double leg takedowns.

If Hendricks does not KO GSP early (like Serra), I see GSP winning UD.

it would be the most timid safe approach we have ever seen from gsp also greg jackson wasnt in his corner again did anyone notice that?

He's not at Jackson's even part time anymore. I've heard that Jackson flies up to Tristar and helps GSP up there with gameplanning and such, but GSP is a full-time Tristar fighter.

He's not at Jackson's even part time anymore. I've heard that Jackson flies up to Tristar and helps GSP up there with gameplanning and such, but GSP is a full-time Tristar fighter.

thats how i thought it always was but jackson still cornered him with firas

Hendricks is a better version of Kos. Better MMA wrestling, more power, and better striking. I don't think GSP can go 5 rounds without getting clipped vs Hendricks, so GSP actually may have to come out with some initiative to end the fight.

thats how i thought it always was but jackson still cornered him with firas

True, but this hasn't happened for a while...please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

After the TKO loss to Serra, GSP went from being full-time at Tristar to almost full-time at Jackson's. He kinda split time between the 2 camps, and Jackson was there in his corner keeping his head in the game. Off topic, but I remember the Alves fight at UFC 100...
GSP: "My groin, it really hurts."
Jackson: You're the champ...hit him with it."

Anyway, was it 3 fights ago? But GSP announced he was still friendly with Jackson's but was returning to Tristar full-time and I don't think Jackson's been in his corner since.

Back