Johnny Hendricks vs Brennan Ward in Bare Knuckle Boxing November 9th Event

I wanna know what these guys are paying for Hendricks and others with a name. As far as Leben goes supposedly his cardiologist cleared him and the bare knuckle people will allow him to fight based on that.

Looks like Hendricks and Ward both retired from MMA to pursue a career in Bare Knuckle Boxing. The two are booked to fight each other on November 9th. This is going to be INSANE!

Also on the card is Chris Leben vs Phil Baroni. I thought that Leben wasn’t allowed to fight again due to heart issues??

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/joh...nuckle-battle-with-bellator-vet-brennan-ward/

So let me get it straight:

A guy cannot put a coherent sentence out of his mouth, even before his last fight.
He retired from MMA and has finally got a safe position of a wrestling coach in school.

But no, here comes the Bare Knuckle Boxing!
Goddayum, Hendricks is simply one of the worst decision makers in the history of our sport.

I honestly can’t say I’m fan of this bare knuckle boxing, you got some of the most concussed fighters going at it.
I don’t get Ward, retire from Bellator for this?

I honestly can’t say I’m fan of this bare knuckle boxing, you got some of the most concussed fighters going at it.
I don’t get Ward, retire from Bellator for this?

Especially after some undisclosed injury.

Ward has never left an impression of the sharpest knife in the kitchen.
Really, maybe Bare Knuckle FC will slowly collect all the knuckleheads from MMA. Which will be nice.

Completly strange decision making from Ward but not surprising.

Damn ward coming with a curveball

Right when I was letting it sink in lol

The way that boxing purists feel disgusted about MMA is how I feel disgusted about BKB.

The difference is that BKB isn't building its roster from the ground up. It's featuring over the hill punch drunk fighters.

I don't have any inherent objection to the sport of BKB, but this shit is just stupid.

The way that boxing purists feel disgusted about MMA is how I feel disgusted about BKB.

The difference is that BKB isn't building its roster from the ground up. It's featuring over the hill punch drunk fighters.

Can’t you make the same argument about Bellator then over the past 3 years before they started signing a bunch of young/up and coming prospects? They were hosting Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock just back in 2015 after all.. Hell, they are still doing it today with Rampage vs Wanderlie FOUR next month. Organizations are always going to start off by signing big but outdated names in order to draw original interest.

BKFC made a splash with their first show in June and laid an egg with their second in August. You can stick a fork in this craze. The event will tank

UPDATE: The org has been announcing their roster throughout the day on their Instagram page at @worldbkff. Melvin Guillard, Josh Neer and Joe Stevenson are all signed to the organization now. No fights announced yet on the official Instagram, but those are some old names right there from UFC past. UFC on Spike era guys.

Can’t you make the same argument about Bellator then over the past 3 years before they started signing a bunch of young/up and coming prospects? They were hosting Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock just back in 2015 after all.. Hell, they are still doing it today with Rampage vs Wanderlie FOUR next month. Organizations are always going to start off by signing big but outdated names in order to draw original interest.
Bellator should be ashamed for promoting Ken Shamrock.

Dada vs Kimbo was a legit freakshow. More importantly, Kimbo was not over the hill at that point. The guy only ever lost to legit MMA fighters.

What in the fuck is going on here. B-Ward can’t be getting paid more than he did in Bellator for this fight. Surely Hendricks vs Ward would be paid a lot more money to fight in Bellator? I’m really not liking these bare knuckle signings. It’s a lot of guys who should probably retire.

What in the fuck is going on here. B-Ward can’t be getting paid more than he did in Bellator for this fight. Surely Hendricks vs Ward would be paid a lot more money to fight in Bellator? I’m really not liking these bare knuckle signings. It’s a lot of guys who should probably retire.

I’m very curious as to how much the top guys like Hendricks and Ward are getting paid. Ward was making $50k to show in Bellator. I highly doubt he’s making that much in a bare knuckle fight, but it really sounds like he lost his passion for MMA, but still wants to fight to an extent. ESPN just wrote an article where the promoter of this org said Ward was extremely excited when presented with the opportunity, and that MMA wasn’t doing it for him anymore. Maybe he has a new fire burning now with this opportunity?

Look at all these crybabies talking smack about grown men doing what they want.

<DisgustingHHH>

Who even are you? Never seen you post here. I know who’s down with the hardcores in this forum and it ain’t you lol. See yourself out dummy.
I'm the guy telling you how it is. Shit talker.

Quality > quantity

Embarrassing. Cant say im surprised one bit that Ward is involved but Hendricks clearly blew all of his money.

I'm the guy telling you how it is. Shit talker.

Quality > quantity
Yeah ....
1370318865_1069239929.gif

See yourself out dummy.

Back