Johnny Hendricks Released by UFC, Bellator Bound?

If Bellator grabs him, it will be on the cheap. I'd like to see Hendricks vs Ward at MW
I dont know. He and Bendo, Tito and Rampage would be their only ex UFC champs. Also, let us not forget that he has been fighting monsters and looked fantastic vs Lombard, 'lost' to Magny in a fight many thought he won and still could def still compete with the best at WW if he could figure out his shit.

We laugh at him here, but he still can serve a purpose and does not have to fight killers like Borrachinha. Even RoMac and Johnny is enticing. PLUS: no more USADA!

Bellator signs him and he "magically" comes back looking in prime Pre-USADA form.

OoO not sure he has the resume to make that leap.

PFL seems more his size.

I agree. Isn’t Fitch going to Bellator? If so, Hendricks can fill his spot in PFL. If not, I wonder if he can fight Askren somewhere in Asia?

Should have taken whatever they're paying Fitch and gave it to Hendricks.

As much of a shitshow as he turned into.... with lighter drug testing and a change of scenery, we might just see Hendricks get that hunger back.

Well... I'm sure his hunger never leaves, I meant his fighting spirit.

...unless he ate that too.

I hope he goes to Rizin juiced to the gills and crushes cans for 3 years.

if belly can get him they should

I really think this is an age issue, since he turned 30 he’s been on a suttle down slope, maybe moving up in weight will help. Maybe a new training camp as well.

Wouldn't be surprised is Bellator doesn't sign him.

Its been a while since he was released by the UFC, and there's not been much word of any talks between his management and Bellator.

And, since he's a former champ, he'd come at a big price tag - although his PPVs never sold very well, so he doesn't attract much attention. Hell, does he even have a fan base anymore?

Also, his last UFC fights have sucked. He still misses weight at 185, his striking power is gone, and it seems like he shows up to collect a paycheck.

Wouldn't mind seeing him in Bellator they will no doubt throw him to the wolves tho

I really think this is an age issue, since he turned 30 he’s been on a suttle down slope, maybe moving up in weight will help. Maybe a new training camp as well.
LOL@ implying Hendricks should move to LHW/HW. He's like 5'9.

UFC MW is a VERY different landscape than every other MW division in the MMA world. Let's give him a shot there before suggesting he should pig his way up to 205 and beyond.

I remember one of his last interviews he made barely any sense and looked legit crazy.

Imo its not age but motivation and some strange mental issues. He should call it quits but maybe thats the only way he can make a living

i'm unclear, can ol johny juice in bellator? if so he's champ in no time. no juice, uhhh he should put on some "fun" fights i guess...

to bad for him it didn't happen 8 months ago or he could have entered the heavyweight tourney. If he could make weight.

jonny is too small for 185 trust me his style especially wont work at 185

I remember one of his last interviews he made barely any sense and looked legit crazy.

Imo its not age but motivation and some strange mental issues. He should call it quits but maybe thats the only way he can make a living

I would be extremely surprised if he even made the finals in the Middleweight tournament there.

Would Hendricks make weight consistently in order to stay in the tournament for a few months?
Even then, Taylor and Gamzatov have a good chance at dusting him.

Is it possible for Hendricks to be PFL champion? Yes. It's mostly Anthony Smith-level competition over there. But things would really have to change with Johny.
Anthony Smith is a lot better than Johnny has shown over the last 5 or so fights, in fairness

EDIT: Don't like Hendricks one bit but I would never wish even him the indignity of fighting Palhares. Palheres is a human piece of shit with a brain the size of a pea who communicates in grunts.

Also, Johnny vs Askren would be the first fight I would ever pay to NOT see.

Last edited:
Back