JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 2, how would your rate it?

• Total voters
I'm hoping Kingsman 2 would top this as my best action movie of 2017.

We'll see. This sets a high bar.

Wick is a likable character, the choreography is excellent, and the film is just fucking OOZING with style.

Gonna be hard to beat.

Wick is a likable character, the choreography is excellent, and the film is just fucking OOZING with style.

Gonna be hard to beat.
If both movies are great, then all of us are the winners. ;)

If both movies are great, then all of us are the winners. ;)

The first Kingsman was a pleasant surprised so hopefully this one will at least be as good as the first.

It seems we have gotten a lot of sequels lately that actually ended up being better than the films they followed.

The first Kingsman was a pleasant surprised so hopefully this one will at least be as good as the first.

It seems we have gotten a lot of sequels lately that actually ended up being better than the films they followed.
Haven't rewatched John Wick 2 yet but I liked the first one a bit more (reasons are in my review).

Haven't rewatched John Wick 2 yet but I liked the first one a bit more (reasons are in my review).

I think the first film had a bit more of an emotional center--John Wick's fighting for his car, and his dead dog, and by extension his dead wife--the villain was fleshed out a little more.

But I dunno, this film really had a WOW factor for me that the first one lacked.

I think the first film had a bit more of an emotional center--John Wick's fighting for his car, and his dead dog, and by extension his dead wife--the villain was fleshed out a little more.

But I dunno, this film really had a WOW factor for me that the first one lacked.
Probably because they were able to incorporate gun-fu to the second fiilm. I haven't seen that concept in a while since Equilibrium. I would wait till the year is over before declaring best action film since we still got Dunkirk and the trailer for Atomic Blonde looks good

Gonna be hard to beat.

I gave it a 9/10 although I would say it's more 8.5.

Gotta say, the fight choreography looked a little less fluid this time around compared to the first one.

Gotta say, the fight choreography looked a little less fluid this time around compared to the first one.

I think that may have been by design. He's injured throughout most of the movie and I think perhaps they wanted the fighting to reflect that.

I think that may have been by design. He's injured throughout most of the movie and I think perhaps they wanted the fighting to reflect that.
<TheWire1>

You might be right. It's supposed to pick up 4 days after the first movie. Which personally makes no sense to me. I'd heal up completely.

<TheWire1>

You might be right. It's supposed to pick up 4 days after the first movie. Which personally makes no sense to me. I'd heal up completely.

I think he's probably in pretty okay shape for that first battle where he gets his car back, but he gets pretty fucked up in Rome. And I think he's on the proverbial queer street from that point on.

I think he's probably in pretty okay shape for that first battle where he gets his car back, but he gets pretty fucked up in Rome. And I think he's on the proverbial queer street from that point on.

Yeah, but he was still working with staples in his side. Unless he got them magic pills again.

Yeah, but he was still working with staples in his side. Unless he got them magic pills again.

Okay, so yeah, he's fucked up from the very beginning then. Hard couple of days for Mr. Wick.

On that note, I though the way they did all the cuts on his face was a little funny. Looks more like he had a hard time shaving than he had been in a fight.

I really enjoyed the first one and felt the second was just as good. Hell of an ending that sets up a potentially awesome sequel. I hope the same director can come back and do this. I'm way more interested in Part 3 than I am a Highlander reboot.

I really hope this franchise doesn't end with the third film. This is a universe ripe for many, many more stories.

The shooting was just as good as the first one.

But the grappling and fighting was much worse this time.

I prefer the first one. Hand to hand combat was a bit disappointing, but the gun action was on point. Keanu's acting seemed extra wooden too. Still a great movie, enjoyed it thoroughly. Looking forward to the third one. 8/10.

madmax-furyroad-gifs-8-26576.gif

#FakeNews

The Raid, and it's not even close. The only thing Mad Max (AKA the Gynotopia) had going for it were the practical effects (which are overstated, as the movie is riddled with CGI).

One of the funnier moments for me was when the Italian Continental manager asked him if he was there to kill the Pope.

"Sei qui per uccidere il Papa?"

That was a great moment for me too. Like, the Pope is off limits, everyone else is fair game.

Finally watched it

I enjoyed it a lot

Thought it was better than the first one which i gave an 8 i think, i give this one a 9.

Back