John Oliver: No Big Issue of ANTIFA Assaulting 'White Nationlist' Protestors

except that doesn't happen
We have to avoid that kind of lazy broad- brushwork. I try not to, but I lambaste Trumpbots and it can seem like I'm blaming them as a monolithic group.

Maybe it's more valid a line of thought if we assume that such lazy wording refers to *most* of the thinking of a group. Even so, this lays bare the problem with generalities.

We have to avoid that kind of lazy broad- brushwork. I try not to, but I lambaste Trumpbots and it can seem like I'm blaming them as a monolithic group.

Maybe it's more valid a line of thought if we assume that such lazy wording refers to *most* of the thinking of a group. Even so, this lays bare the problem with generalities.
yeah sure it's not a monolith, but honestly i don't see "everyone" on the right being called a nazi for not having "progressive ideas"... i don't like that kind of generalizations

yeah sure it's not a monolith, but honestly i don't see "everyone" on the right being called a nazi for not having "progressive ideas"... i don't like that kind of generalizations
No. There's three groups. Far left, far right, and a circle in the middle that's composed of overlaps. Those are the reasonable folks. I say, take the best ideas of liberals and conservatives, flush the insistent one sided stuff.

That was the core issue. If you were brown behind the wheel in his town, you could spend a weekend in jail unless you happened to be carrying your passport and birth certificate.

That's a completely dishonest representation of the issue, Overpressue. You're better than that.

i forgot that ANTIFA is representative of the entire "left"

Outside of Bill Maher, barney Frank and a select few others Maher has had on his show, could you provide an example of some sort of wide spread Left Wing opposition to ANTIFA's violece? It's pretty clear to anyone actually paying attention and not ideologically blinded by this issue that the Left is just fine with it as it suites their political purposes and wants ANTIFA to continue to act as the militant branch of their political structure, much the way another militant branch of Democrats created at the end of the Civil War acted as the militant branch of the party, enforcing the party's political will for more than 100 years.

That's a completely dishonest representation of the issue, Overpressue. You're better than that.
No. It isn't. Look it up. American citizens who were brown were pulled over for bullshit, and put in jail for the *possibility* that they were illegal aliens until they could prove citizenship.

Outside of Bill Maher, barney Frank and a select few others Maher has had on his show, could you provide an example of some sort of wide spread Left Wing opposition to ANTIFA's violece? It's pretty clear to anyone actually paying attention and not ideologically blinded by this issue that the Left is just fine with it as it suites their political purposes and wants ANTIFA to continue to act as the militant branch of their political structure, much the way another militant branch of Democrats created at the end of the Civil War acted as the militant branch of the party, enforcing the party's political will for more than 100 years.
you were talking about The Left branding everyone who doesn't have "progressive" ideas a nazi, and now it's about Antifa being the Democratic Parties militia group. stick to one thing, please

Are you feigning being someone worthy of continued discussion?

ROFL. OK, dude. Like you don't know who I am and are going to act like we haven't had tons and tons of constructive conversations in the past. After this post, look back and try and tell yourself if I'm the one who is the problem here.

you were talking about The Left branding everyone who doesn't have "progressive" ideas a nazi, and now it's about Antifa being the Democratic Parties militia group. stick to one thing, please

I am. Apparently don't realize who you're talking to yet, or you've forgotten all the other times we've talked. You can try to play little word games to twist me up and avoid addressing my points, but I'm not that dude. Yes, I was addressing the Left branding anyone who they don't like a Nazi. This post was you dodging that because you can't refute it.

I am. Apparently don't realize who you're talking to yet, or you've forgotten all the other times we've talked. You can try to play little word games to twist me up and avoid addressing my points, but I'm not that dude. Yes, I was addressing the Left branding anyone who they don't like a Nazi. This post was you dodging that because you can't refute it.
<GSPWoah>

i'm not the one dodging it by changing the subject to Antifa.

While I agree with you, the point is that the Left's current mode of operation is to brand EVERYONE who doesn't hold Progressive beliefs a "Nazi" so that they can justify physical violence against them.
you said this ^ which is blatantly false

Check out the thread title, Son.

Then check out my last post for an example of what this post was about. @Rational Poster , how many bot accounts do you have these days?

you said this ^ which is blatantly false

And then I said this, which you blatantly ignored:

That's a single unified thought. You can't provide an example of what I asked for, widespread, public Leftist denouncing of ANTIFA and ANTIFA political related violence, and you know it. The reason you know it, and I know it is because the Left condones their behavior and actively supports it as the militant arm of the party. This is where you again deflect and act like I don't make sense, instead of just addressing my point in an honest way. just like I said you'd do earlier. Again, you aren't going to distract me from what my point was with childish insults and BS attempts at topic derailment. If EVERYONE is a Nazi, and attacking Nazi's is OK, then you can sich those people on your political opponents and leave them no recourse other than assault or surrender. It's disgusting.

@Overpressure, feel freee to weigh in on this one.

And then I said this, which you blatantly ignored:

That's a single unified thought. You can't provide an example of what I asked for, widespread, public Leftist denouncing of ANTIFA and ANTIFA political related violence, and you know it. The reason you know it, and I know it is because the Left condones their behavior and actively supports it as the militant arm of the party. This is where you again deflect and act like I don't make sense, instead of just addressing my point in an honest way. just like I said you'd do earlier. Again, you aren't going to distract me from what my point was with childish insults and BS attempts at topic derailment.
but your single unified thought is completely different than saying the entire left brands people who don't have progressive thoughts, nazis. so i'll take this as an admission that you were wrong. apology accepted.

but your single unified thought is completely different than saying the entire left brands people who don't have progressive thoughts, nazis. so i'll take this as an admission that you were wrong. apology accepted.

Is Milo Yianopolos a Nazi?

Check out the thread title, Son.

Then check out my last post for an example of what this post was about. @Rational Poster , how many bot accounts do you have these days?

Never had any account but this one.

Sorry you're jealous of my likes.

I can understand, you're a really shit poster.

Back