John Morgan: Fedor shouldn't have tapped - "just go to sleep!"

This guy is the worst MMA reporter asks the worst questions

Nah, he never once mentions letting "Werdum snap his arm". He only talks about Fedor going to sleep from the triangle.

The entire story is about a post-fight press conference. At the time the hardest working journalist in MMA wasn't at home on his couch watching in HD, he was in the arena. It's entirely likely he didn't know there was an armbar involved.

All he said was he'd wanted to ASK Fedor why he'd tapped rather than just kept fighting it until he went to sleep. He didn't "state" shit.

But SherDramaQueens gonna drama queen.

If you listen to the audio TS provided you can hear wonder why Fedor taps, and he's like "dude, just go to sleep" and then after says "even if it's the arm, we have seen people win with a broken arm before"

Never heard of the guy, but he should be fired

I've always looked at it if someone gets you into a submission where it's tap or snap or tap or nap that tapping is accepting they have caught you in that submission.

Going to sleep or making them break your arm is just showing a massive ego.

It's accepting defeat and knowing the better man won.

John Morgan don't know shit about MMA. He was good in Star Wars though...
giphy.gif

It's a shame because I respect him as a reporter, but this is some clueless fanboy bullshit.

I personally liked the single tap. He knew he was stuck. Nothing wrong with admitting defeat in a competition. If you go to sleep, you're either green or taking things too seriously.

This guy is the worst MMA reporter asks the worst questions

"Hey man... this has been a wild night with a lot of emotions. How do you feel right now?? What does this mean all mean to you???"

/facepalm

John Morgan (MMA Junkie founder) says Fedor should not have tapped to Werdum.

"Just go to sleep!"

Coming from a man who has never trained a day in martial arts, and does not have the willpower to stay under 400 pounds ... that's pretty rich!

AUDIO:

(posted in the heavies because this happened in Strikeforce which is UFC owned like Pride, et al)

Apparently he's trained for years. Just tweeted him and he replied.

Don't know how to embed tweets, but here's what he said

"Yes. Trained for years. Quotes are a little out of context, unfortunately. People love them clicks, at any expense"

john Morgan needs to go on a diet before he goes to sleep for good.

I hate how the guy wears the same ugly ass bright cyan t-shirt to every event, just so people notice him on TV.
He wears the shirt so his baby son can see him on TV...

Back