John Lineker benches 280lbs.

You guys are crazy. That is good, great by a pro fighter standards, but not that big in the sport of power lifting.
Ive competed for about 5 years now, my ben ch is my worst lift by far and I pause about 285 and weigh 165 (could probably touch and go 300-310 which is what he's doing I'm assume).
I also do drug tested comps and yeah plenty of these guys are on the juice, most of them stay out of drug tested meets so they don't get busted or take a chance, but shit world record drug tested bench for 148 pd division is slightly over 400 pounds!! Whether those guys found a way around the test is one thing, but even so without amazing genetics and of course a lot of work - that shit aint happening.

Lol non athlete gym Bros who think this was PED assisted

He's strong but how is this so hard to believe, there are girls around his size who can do that much or close (Beth Phoenix from WWE used to bench teh 275 and Carmouche claims almost as much).

Plus Lineker is actually a HUGE 5'2 guy lol, he claimed he still has to cut (probably diet then cut but still) 30 lbs to make BW.

He also has 4in arms so he barely has to press to complete the bench.
hqdefault.jpg

That's really not that impressive... i can lift that.. and yes i am way bigger than John (6'2 220lbs), but i am only a recreational lifter.

I mean it's pretty good for someone his size.. but not that far fetched.

Jesus dudes on here figuring out ways he could possibly do this?

It's fucking doable without DRUGS assholes. Pipe down.

It's 280 and he walks around at 155-160.
Back when I was a bench and curl monkey I topped around 255 bench max at around 155 lbs body weight. It's not impossible to hit 280 lbs drug free especially for a pro athlete.

Lots of pencilnecks up in here

and people will repeatedly act confused as to why he has missed weight more than rumble, and will still say that he is too small for bantamweight, even though he has trouble making 135, let alone 125

These threads always go to the two extremes of 'its impossible,it's bs' to the other end 'it's only only 280 guys l, it's not impressive, I routinely warm up with that.'

That's really not that impressive... i can lift that.. and yes i am way bigger than John (6'2 220lbs), but i am only a recreational lifter.

I mean it's pretty good for someone his size.. but not that far fetched.

I can lift more than you.

280 isnt that impressive and perfectly reasonable for someone his size. Im 6 ff and can do that for 6

Not hard for me to believe at all. My brother was 5'11 119 pounds and benching 245 pounds at 17 years old.

Linekers walk around weight is bigger than that and unlike my brother he is a professional athlete.

Before juice was invented I was doing 235 at 141 with a dead lift of 480 so yep lots can be done without juise . hard work pays ..

Back