John Lewis has history of not accepting Republican WINNERS as the rightful president of his country

I'm getting a little tired of hearing all of these guys who work for our country, getting paid tax dollars, telling me that they won't accept the president of my country.

Step down then. Trump is president. If you're going to be a pain in the ass and refuse to work with the guy for the next 4 years, then get lost. You have a job to do.
So rich coming from a goper after the last 8 years of obstructionism. You reap what you sow.

Yeah he has a job to do, it's to oppose this shit stain of a man that got elected president at every turn. Glad he's getting off to a good start.

"Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) was ONE of six leaders who organized the 1963 march on Washington and got his ass beat.... just like many others oh.... also white people got their ass beat in that march as well but back to the story. I give Rep LEWIS credit and thanks for his bravery and for his civil rights movement which I will always support..... we are ALL created equal.... thank God BUT does that give anyone the right to sit on their ass for thirty years as if they "earned" that right to be given a over paid politician job based on a single accomplishment and then expect to ride throughout life?

Other than civil rights agenda what else has this man done? Has he done anything for the white people? Does his statements bring different races together or does he seperate them?

Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) recent statements about TRUMP not be our legitimate president is a racist statement from a black man.... a typical Democratic response from a black man/woman in politics. This no longer works on white people and the black community sees a change coming.

What BLM and other racist movements today bring is hate and racist ideology and this dirt bag supports this as does Sharpton and Obama.

Rep. John Lewis, Sharpton, Jackson and Obama all have a secret..... they hate white people and their policies and statements show this very clearly.

I hope everyone in GA will kick this scumbag out at the next state election. It's people like this that keeps racism alive and strong.

Oh.... I am white and I don't owe any black person a damn thing...... " - DeathSlayer, Above Top Secret.

He speaks the truth.

Can we stop with the Hitler and Nazi comparison. Until a politician runs on a platform of genocide, then the comparison in not apt.

Hitler didn't run on a platform of genocide. Though it probably should have been predictable...people were still blindsided by the Nazi's.

But you're right. The Nazi card is a credibility killer. Even for Trump to play the card.

If anything, the more seedy political bullshit these days compares more to Bolshevism.

If liberals had been right only a fraction of the time(or hell, maybe even one time) they cried "NAZI" the past 50 years then we likely wouldn't be a very diverse country as we are. It's just an old card they used that lost its power in the states...even more frightening..it's losing its power in Europe.

Who's going to take them seriously when "literally Hitler" really does rise to power? Because It ain't Donald Trump and it ain't Vladimir Putin.

So rich coming from a goper after the last 8 years of obstructionism. You reap what you sow.
I reap nothing. I expect the my elected gov't officials to do their jobs. I don't recall people coming out and saying they wouldn't accept Obama. Give me some examples of Senators or Congressmen saying that they won't accept Obama as their president.

I'm tired of these self-important, self-proclaimed "civil rights heroes." The whole lot of them are a bunch of narcissistic lawless thugs - starting right at the top with Obama and Hillary. The Democrats are loaded with these ignorant, pocket-lining, blind-to-true-justice, racist activists.

I'm getting a little tired of hearing all of these guys who work for our country, getting paid tax dollars, telling me that they won't accept the president of my country.

Step down then. Trump is president. If you're going to be a pain in the ass and refuse to work with the guy for the next 4 years, then get lost. You have a job to do.
Ain't givin up them bennies.....

Through the entirety of his life's work I would consider John Lewis to be a great man and a great American. But that doesn't mean that he's immune to making bad choices and not accepting a president from an opposing party as legitimate is one of those. He has influence on his supporters and they now have more ammunition to feel anxious about the future and to ostracize those with differing political views.

There is just something about this guys face/presence that I do not trust nor do I respect

Back