John Kavanagh was a professional Fighter

Most trainers who get a lick of respect have actuallyhad fights. If he hadnt you hear about it cos everyone would be 'he never had a fight lmaololrofl'

Any interviews where he talks about his fighting career, he alludes to the fact that he had wanted to be a coach from the start and was taking pro fights really as part of the learning process of becoming a coach.

Surprisingly, from all of the Khabib/Conor fallout, Kavanagh is one of the guys that comes out with some credit. Fairly gracious in defeat, quite empathetic towards Khabib and no hint of arrogance. Definitely not what I was expecting.
It's not surprising at all.

It's maybe surprising to the people around here who's only knowledge of Kavanagh is the "Irish Edmund lololol" posts made by autistic, unoriginal retards on Sherdog.

It's surprising that his record is as bad as it is, considering he was training BJJ before just about anyone where he was fighting. You'd think the first black belt in Ireland would've done better than going .500 over 6 fights.

He wasn't the first black belt in Ireland until over 4 years after he retired.

Royler Gracie was considered one of the best Gracie's eva and finished his career 5-5 and I'm sure he was a black belt from his debut.

You're surprised that an MMA coach fought in MMA...

It's surprising that his record is as bad as it is, considering he was training BJJ before just about anyone where he was fighting. You'd think the first black belt in Ireland would've done better than going .500 over 6 fights.
none of his opponents are even Irish..

he was one of the first BJJ blackbelts of Ireland not all of Europe

Irish Edmund's paltry fight record's as padded as Khabib's before the UFC. And yet Irish Edmund still went 3-3. How is anyone impressed?
you dont need to be impressed by someone to respect him. what is your pro MMA record ?

so if somebody knows something you don't THEY are the tools?

6DhdT30.gif

Nah, it was the condescending reply to someone's post that made him a tool.

You know, kind of like you.

you dont need to be impressed by someone to respect him. what is your pro MMA record ?
How can I respect that asshole? Who gives a fuck that he has a pro MMA record

Edmund did some kick boxing do you respect him? Lol

How can someone be a boxing coach and not a fighter?

Easily because they didn't box.

A fuck load of coaches didn't fight themselves.

I coach 1 to 1 on a Tuesday and a Thursday

My right meniscus kept rupturing and I now have post-traumatic arthritis

Which had kept me from any meaningful in ring competition

But by teaching I still have a link to martial arts which keeps me sane

Back