John Kavanagh most overrated coach ever

Did people just forget about Gunner Nelson? He's not champ material currently, but he's a top 10-15 fighter.

& Considering the talent pool in Ireland, where MMA was never popular to begin with, he's done fantastically well.
kav definitely isn't overrated, nobody is saying he's he best coach ever, just bitter conor haters who have to shit on anything associated with him.

gunnar doesn't train at SBG full time though.

Seriously I don’t understand the hype for this guy and his gym. He’s LUCKY he got Conor. Because I have never seen this guy have any success with any fighter that isn’t Conor. In fact, SBG is filled with mediocre talent who tries their hardest to be Conor. But none of them will ever be close. Can someone disprove what I said because I have never seen him do anything that would register as “high level coaching” in my book. Dude just stands around while all his fighters get mopped. If Conor wasn’t there, this jabroni would be broke trying to push James Gallagher as his next star. Smh
When you have a winning fighter your the bees knees but as soon as your fighters lose you are dogshit. I would say the guys done well given many of his guys have fought and won professionally.

Did people just forget about Gunner Nelson? He's not champ material currently, but he's a top 10-15 fighter.

& Considering the talent pool in Ireland, where MMA was never popular to begin with, he's done fantastically well.

Isn't he a Mjölnir guy?

How do you have such a strong opinion about something that you know nothing about? Like, as if the ts knows anything about Kavanagh and SBG <Lmaoo>

Someone is jelaous becaueb of Kavanaghs girlfriend

Me too dude, me too

TS spittin truths.

This has crossed my mind before. Every time McGregor flattens someone he's looking for a microphone, talking to Helwani, or releasing a book. How do we know this has anything to do with him, & isnt him just lucking his way into 'coaching' a guy who would have made it big regardless?

What other success stories does he have?

Most overrated is Jackson/Wink.

they lost like 22 fights in a row at one point in 2017.
Also have how many world champions over the years?

GSP, Evans, Holm, Jones.

Also, ABQ has almost the same population as Dublin. Dublin on the other hand is the capital city and one of the financial epicentres of Europe. ABQ is a dump in the dessert. That dump was so good that it attracted world class fighter after world class fighter for over 10 years.

I think we will move on :)

TS spittin truths.

This has crossed my mind before. Every time McGregor flattens someone he's looking for a microphone, talking to Helwani, or releasing a book. How do we know this has anything to do with him, & isnt him just lucking his way into 'coaching' a guy who would have made it big regardless?

You have literally just said exactly the same thing that I said to @Hoop

They get there by virtue of being Irish and being with SBG, promoters know that people are interested because of Conor.

Never lie to yourself and think that if Conor didn't exist that man like Neil Seery would have been in the UFC.

Weird example as I can think of far worse fighters to make it to the UFC than Seery who was always game and brought it to his opponents. He just happened to be at the tail end of his career when he made it to the UFC at the age of 34. And he wasn't an SBG fighter.

Also have how many world champions over the years?

GSP, Evans, Holm, Jones.

Also, ABQ has almost the same population as Dublin. Dublin on the other hand is the capital city and one of the financial epicentres of Europe. ABQ is a dump in the dessert. That dump was so good that it attracted world class fighter after world class fighter for over 10 years.

I think we will move on :)
They were great, and then they lost all their belts, and almost all of the fighters went on losing streaks. But they are still talked about as being the best gym by a lot of people. Overrated.

If McG defeats Khabib, he’ll be the most underrated coach.
That's a huge if, everyone know's Conor's at a huge disadvantage on the ground vs Khabib. I'm afraid it's gonna get ugly fast for Conor.

I thought he left them?

kav definitely isn't overrated, nobody is saying he's he best coach ever, just bitter conor haters who have to shit on anything associated with him.

Exactly.

I cant believe theres so much dick sucking for a guy who hardley shows up, barely makes the weight and wrestles everybody to a boring ass decision.

Exactly. I feel like all these fighters he’s brought to the big time have all been off the Conor McGregor hype train. Why else would Bellator/UFC sign guys like Charlie Ward/Seery/Pendred? Those guys are TERRIBLE. There’s just an mma boom in Ireland with Conor so they try to capitalize on that. But make no mistake about it, none of those guys are good fighters and none of those guys improved at all under John Kavanagh. They’re just mediocre and that’s pretty much it.
Neil Seery isn't on Kavanagh's team. And you obviously have never seen Seery's fights if you think his place in the UFC wasn't warranted.

MMA is still not very popular in europe. So I don't think that you should compare a mma gym and a coach from ireland with some of the famous names in the us or canada.

SBG has some very good talent and I think that you will see some good fighters within the next years form europe but right now it's just Conor and guys like Manuwa, Gus and Latifi.

They were great, and then they lost all their belts, and almost all of the fighters went on losing streaks. But they are still talked about as being the best gym by a lot of people. Overrated.
Tyson Pedro
Derek Brunson
Siyar Bahadurzada
Donald Cerrone
Carlos Condit
Kenan Song
Holly Holm
Cub Swanson
John Dodson
Ray Borg

Of course some of these guys aren't quite as good as they once were, but this is a group of pretty solid UFC level fighters, all top 20 in the world in their division (except for Song). How many top 20 guys do SBG have?

TS spittin truths.

Exactly. I’ll give the guy credit cause he is technically Conor’s “coach” but let’s be honest. Conor would be world champ wherever he came up. He’s a special fighter. I want to see the accolades other than Conor tho. Where are all the other fighters SBG has? I just see a bunch of loud mouth kids who talk the talk but don’t walk the walk.

Back