John Kavanagh most overrated coach ever

Tell us who you consider a good mma coach then.
Nick Catone is a good coach. That whole NJ/NY thing they got going on with Frankie, Marlon and all of them is a really good camp. A lot of killers coming out of there. I’m not gonna vouch for other coaches but I can say that John Kavanagh should be doing better. Gallagher was highly underprepared.

He brought a man with negative reach to a honorable 14-14 record.

Bald Satan is 11-4 in the russian UFC.

Charlie Wank is on a 2 fights winning streak in Bellator after getting ko-d by the GOAT Galore Bofando who pulled off an esoteric anime throw out of nowhere, no shame getting owned by supernatural harnessing shamans like Galore.

He ever praises Kavanaugh as some sort of master coach?
He is just known as the guy that works with Conor, but no one talks about him or his gym being some sort of elite center.

He does alright considering. He's in Ireland, it's not like there's a ton of wrestlers or jiujitsu guys to train with there.. and yet he's had multiple fighters in the UFC and Bellator.

He brought a man with negative reach to a honorable 14-14 record.

Bald Satan is 11-4 in the russian UFC.

Charlie Wank is on a 2 fights winning streak in Bellator after getting ko-d by the GOAT Galore Bofando who pulled off an esoteric anime throw out of nowhere, no shame getting owned by supernatural harnessing shamans like Galore.
I cannot stop laughing at Bald Satan, I seriously have a pain in my side.

He ever praises Kavanaugh as some sort of master coach?
He is just known as the guy that works with Conor, but no one talks about him or his gym being some sort of elite center.

He does alright considering. He's in Ireland, it's not like there's a ton of wrestlers or jiujitsu guys to train with there.. and yet he's had multiple fighters in the UFC and Bellator.
They get there by virtue of being Irish and being with SBG, promoters know that people are interested because of Conor.

Never lie to yourself and think that if Conor didn't exist that man like Neil Seery would have been in the UFC.

Did people just forget about Gunner Nelson? He's not champ material currently, but he's a top 10-15 fighter.

& Considering the talent pool in Ireland, where MMA was never popular to begin with, he's done fantastically well.
Gunnar*

They get there by virtue of being Irish and being with SBG, promoters know that people are interested because of Conor.

Never lie to yourself and think that if Conor didn't exist that man like Neil Seery would have been in the UFC.
Exactly. I feel like all these fighters he’s brought to the big time have all been off the Conor McGregor hype train. Why else would Bellator/UFC sign guys like Charlie Ward/Seery/Pendred? Those guys are TERRIBLE. There’s just an mma boom in Ireland with Conor so they try to capitalize on that. But make no mistake about it, none of those guys are good fighters and none of those guys improved at all under John Kavanagh. They’re just mediocre and that’s pretty much it.

Edmond was more overrated in his "prime" and had worse overall fighters, but I agree that Kavanaugh is dogshit. He didn't know what gameplanning was until UFC 202 and his between-round advice has been laughable. He's also a completely unfunny dork and self-important cuck.

The only other fighter SBG-related who seems anywhere near decent is Gunnar but then he has his own camp or so I've been told (so don't count his losses against SBG waaaaaaaaahh).
What's funny is that Edmond is a snake oil salesman from Armenia, legit was getting convicted for tax evasion, and managed to coach Ellenberger, Rousey, Browne and perhaps a few others.

John Kavanagh on the other hand is the biggest MMA coaching name in the whole of Ireland. He has the pull to get any up and coming Irish MMA talent into his gym in the capital city of his country. Any other talent from Scotland, Wales or England could very well make the trip over there to train also as it's less than an hour on a plane. He could get all sorts of talent from France where MMA is illegal, or surrounding countries like Germany. It's not like Europe is full of MMA camps, he has managed to get a big enough name that people would want to go there - yet not many do, and those who have gone there have pretty much fallen flat on their face. Charlie Ward took it literally...

giphy.gif

What's funny is that Edmond is a snake oil salesman from Armenia, legit was getting convicted for tax evasion, and managed to coach Ellenberger, Rousey, Browne and perhaps a few others.

John Kavanagh on the other hand is the biggest MMA coaching name in the whole of Ireland. He has the pull to get any up and coming Irish MMA talent into his gym in the capital city of his country. Any other talent from Scotland, Wales or England could very well make the trip over there to train also as it's less than an hour on a plane. He could get all sorts of talent from France where MMA is illegal, or surrounding countries like Germany. It's not like Europe is full of MMA camps, he has managed to get a big enough name that people would want to go there - yet not many do, and those who have gone there have pretty much fallen flat on their face. Charlie Ward took it literally...

giphy.gif

Problem is no one wants to live in Ireland. Gypsies are the only ones moving in right now.

The French and UK aren't great at mma either.

I think this went under the radar but another SBG prospect got KO'd few months ago

John bless.

Problem is no one wants to live in Ireland. Gypsies are the only ones moving in right now.

The French and UK aren't great at mma either.
Talent will come if you allow it to flourish. There is a reason why the larger cities in the larger states do really really well in MMA, resources, money etc. but it's also the culture in the US where they promote combat i.e. wrestling in high school.

France and England doesn't invest much money into it, but that's also due to the lack of opportunities. England has had some decent fighters but even they need to go to the US for successful coaching, Arnold Allen is up in Canada, Bisping went to Cali later in his career. A great opportunity to be part of a big gym in Europe is there right now with SBG, problem is the coaching doesn't appear very good - it's becoming a turn off.

Did people just forget about Gunner Nelson? He's not champ material currently, but he's a top 10-15 fighter.

& Considering the talent pool in Ireland, where MMA was never popular to begin with, he's done fantastically well.
He left SBG for his last fight though.

Most overrated is Jackson/Wink.

they lost like 22 fights in a row at one point in 2017.

Back