John Kavanagh Interview about McGregor vs Khabib @ UFC 229 (SBG Head Coach)

Conor has nothing to loose. Hes not a champion anymore and he knows Khabib will probably batter him. But he and the marketing team behind him also know that he has a religious-like following and they will probably keep supporting him and keep granting him so called ''money fights'' for example with Nate Diaz 3 (being the most obvious) and maybe a re-match against Floyd. After that, he will retire filthy rich.

this isnt brett kavanaugh

Sounds confident and honest to me. Also sounds like they’ve studied a bit of Khabib tape in detail.

I said it once and I’ll say it again, people are going to be surprised the first rd or two. I bet Conor spends less than a minute on his back combined those rounds. It’s going to be the cardio that’ll do him in. He’ll fatigue and the takedown onslaught will ensue late third rd.

If this was a 3 rd fight I’d take McGregor. Too bad it’s not.

I swear you have some notification system on your device so that if a thread has "Conor - McGregor - Dillon Danis - Artem - Ireland - John Kavanagh - Owen Roddy" in the title, you immediately get notified

Nope. He just never takes his eyes off of Sherdog.

Sounds like deep down he knows Conor is fooked

I think they realize khabib is a legit threat and they're taking him very seriously...That's the impression I got...He didn't reveal anything about conor's preparation or anything...His trainer understands what khabib is going to do and I'm very sure they've been preparing for that...

Hmm,

Well at least this time he did not go off and sound like a fool

Wasn't he saying they'd down floyd in 4rds or less.

Floyd had fun for 4 rounds, carried conor for another 4 then fucked him up in the last two.

Conor's coach is fookin' retarded. He says that ring rust does not exist, because you have to train for your fights by surrounding yourself with a stressful environment that simulates the pressure a fighter experiences when he steps into the octagon. How is he "simulating" this type of environment when Conor is surrounded by bums and nut-swinging yes-men as his sparring partners? Khabib trains with DC to improve his wrestling and Cain to simulate Conor's power and the everlooming threat of the instant KO. Conor trains with some literally who Moldovans or whoever the fook those pseudo-slav wrestlers in his camp are. The entire premise that Clowner is taking this fight seriously is a joke, because he's training with bums.

Classic delusion from a yes man. Khabib is clearly the hardest opponent Mcg has to face, plus the quality of sparring and coaching is crucial; Mcg will do what he does best, same with khabib but what set them apart is the quality of sparring and the environment. Irish edmund will try to make everything to make Mcg comfortable without pushing him to the limit (and the fact he doesn't believe in ring rust... delusion) unlike khabib who has Rockhold, his dagestani friends for sparring and DC to teach him means a lot.

Regardless of the fight i think Mcg's layoff will appear sooner or later and irish edmund is a fool in not believing that.

Conor's coach is fookin' retarded. He says that ring rust does not exist, because you have to train for your fights by surrounding yourself with a stressful environment that simulates the pressure a fighter experiences when he steps into the octagon. How is he "simulating" this type of environment when Conor is surrounded by bums and nut-swinging yes-men as his sparring partners? Khabib trains with DC to improve his wrestling and Cain to simulate Conor's power and the everlooming threat of the instant KO. Conor trains with some literally who Moldovans or whoever the fook those pseudo-slav wrestlers in his camp are. The entire premise that Clowner is taking this fight seriously is a joke, because he's training with bums.

How has he been successful in the cage for as long as he has if all he does is train with bums?

If you don't think he's taking the Khabib fight deadly serious, then you are a fool.

One of the best coaches in MMA always gives great insight and is fun to listen to

I like Kavanaugh but I feel he doesn't seem confident. Usually he's got a glow in his eyes and shows excitement when Conor fights but he seems a lot more nervous this time round. Also he usually gives a specific prediction yet this time he's being more cautious and just saying that it's going to be a great fight which tells me that his team know that a devastating loss could be a likely scenario in this fight.

Back