John Danaher Leg lock and back attack dvd?

apparently the audio quality is ass

They couldn't just put something soft and sound-absorbing behind him like in....every gd video ever? Does his brain have no space for the knowledge that brick is an acoustically reflective surface?

I already have robs leg lock dvd which is basically a lot like dds from what iv heard so I'm more focused on his back control dvd when is this being released? haven't seen it anywhere online yet or know what its gonna be

I'm more focused on his back control dvd when is this being released? haven't seen it anywhere online yet or know what its gonna be
He said it's filmed and will be out "sooner than later"

I already have robs leg lock dvd which is basically a lot like dds from what iv heard so I'm more focused on his back control dvd when is this being released? haven't seen it anywhere online yet or know what its gonna be
Which DVD? And ditto on the back control

He said it's filmed and will be out "sooner than later"
what a horrible nothing answer lol I really hope he releases a front headlock series as well and mount as gordan ryan has a good mount game

what a horrible nothing answer lol I really hope he releases a front headlock series as well and mount as gordan ryan has a good mount game
It's not a great answer but Danaher doesn't know and doesn't give a shit. As long as he gets paid when it drops then he's cool with it.

My guess is within 4 to 6 weeks.

The next sets to be filmed are front headlock and kimura grip.

I don't think we will see a mount set anytime soon unfortunately.

It's not a great answer but Danaher doesn't know and doesn't give a shit. As long as he gets paid when it drops then he's cool with it.

My guess is within 4 to 6 weeks.

The next sets to be filmed are front headlock and kimura grip.

I don't think we will see a mount set anytime soon unfortunately.
kimura grip isnt something im worried about its quite basic people been doing that kimura trap thing since 2010 that i can remember i doubt hes really game changed it

kimura grip isnt something im worried about its quite basic people been doing that kimura trap thing since 2010 that i can remember i doubt hes really game changed it
yeah there is a lot of material out there on kimuras and front headlock already but when I've trained with Gordon Ryan I did get some details for the rolling kimura that I had never seen anywhere else and they have helped me a ton.

Just threw my Danerhar dvd in the trash after watching that Gordan Ryan match.

Rather buy a dvd from instructor who actually competed, competes and won a tournament TBH.

I began watching the DVD. The audio issue is overblown it's not a big issue compared to how detestable Danaher is. He is extremely verbose with better instructors like Rafa putting more than 3-10x time more details per minute then he is.
OTOH I picked up some interesting tips just through skimming the DVD (the way Danaher get the reverse de la riva underhook seems interesting).
So basically the techniques seem legit but Danaher sucks.

what about
yeah there is a lot of material out there on kimuras and front headlock already but when I've trained with Gordon Ryan I did get some details for the rolling kimura that I had never seen anywhere else and they have helped me a ton.
front headlock stuff? iv only seen one vid of john using it to get the legs tbh id never use a position like that just to attack the legs unless i had to completely go for broke curious about anything you seen them do thats different

what about

front headlock stuff? iv only seen one vid of john using it to get the legs tbh id never use a position like that just to attack the legs unless i had to completely go for broke curious about anything you seen them do thats different
I just mean there is a ton of good front headlock material out there already but yeah all of the Renzo athletes are very good at it. Renzo pioneered the arm-in guillotine and the darce choke also was developed from inside their crew. I

I picked up a couple of details on the arm-in and high elbow guillotines by training with them, and also some stuff they do with the darce choke that is unique. They also have a cool one handed arm-in guillotine they use. For the most part they just use it how it's supposed to be used but they do have a few things they do I haven't seen many other people use.

I don’t think you can be good at no-gi without at least a decent front headlock game.

Last edited:
yeah too bad megaton does

nt have a fan following near that of john huh

Sure he does, you should see how many fan, grappler and instructors come up to him for pictures and to talk.

Sure he does, you should see how many fan, grappler and instructors come up to him for pictures and to talk.
Megaton?

Megaton is awesome.

But see what you've done in this thread is sort of hurt your own position. You could make a lot of valid criticisms of Danaher and probably had a lot of people hop over to your point of view but by saying outlandish stuff like Megaton has as large of a following as Danaher it sort of undercuts your point.

I mean I get what you're saying. Megaton is inspirational, a legend, and hugely well known in the community.

On IG right now Megaton has 37k followers and Danaher as 140k.

Back