John Danaher Leg lock and back attack dvd?

I agree he may be a flavor of the week but I think he has a lot of value in other areas too. His back, kimura, and front headlock stuff is solid. Now you may say you can't learn a lot of back/kimura/headlock stuff from him that you can't also learn from guys like Rafa, Marcelo, or other great coaches and athletes and you may be right. But clearly he has shown he is a strong coach at more than just leg locks. His athletes are well rounded and are not one trick ponies.

Most of the death squad members were taught by a different instructor for most of their bjj journey. Dablass, renzo, Serra, and other blackbelts had a major roll in their grappling.

I agree that danaher leg locks is what he improved most with the death squad.

Most of the death squad members were taught by a different instructor for most of their bjj journey. Dablass, renzo, Serra, and other blackbelts had a major roll in their grappling.

This is definitely true and all of those guys are just as awesome. I just think at what point do you take what these guys say at face value?

If you go to a Gordon Ryan or Garry Tonon seminar they will say Danaher is the biggest influence on their jiu-jitsu. I've never trained with Eddie Cummings so I don't know if he would say the same or not. But Tonon and both Ryan brothers talk up Danaher all the time and many times without being questioned.

I'm not a big Danaher fan. I think he's a little bit pretentious and likes to hear himself speak but when the guys on his "squad" are constantly talking about how he has helped their jiu-jitsu more than anyone else then at some point I think we should just take them at their word.

I find John Danaher to be grating....and I think he's an excellent coach and a bright jiu-jitsu mind. I find him annoying but I still appreciate his contributions.

I'm not a big Danaher fan. I think he's a little bit pretentious and likes to hear himself speak but when the guys on his "squad" are constantly talking about how he has helped their jiu-jitsu more than anyone else then at some point I think we should just take them at their word.

We just had someone who, having been training at our gym for 3 years, went to a new gym and attributed all of their success to the new gym in an interview...after only having been going there a week.

This is definitely true and all of those guys are just as awesome. I just think at what point do you take what these guys say at face value?

If you go to a Gordon Ryan or Garry Tonon seminar they will say Danaher is the biggest influence on their jiu-jitsu. I've never trained with Eddie Cummings so I don't know if he would say the same or not. But Tonon and both Ryan brothers talk up Danaher all the time and many times without being questioned.

I find John Danaher to be grating....and I think he's an excellent coach and a bright jiu-jitsu mind. I find him annoying but I still appreciate his contributions.

I know deblauss did more in Gordon development as his main coach. I've never heard Gordon specifically say that Danaher has done more the his main coach deblauss.

Tonon I have no clue so you might be right about him.

We just had someone who, having been training at our gym for 3 years, went to a new gym and attributed all of their success to the new gym in an interview...after only having been going there a week.
Yeah and that's fucked up.

However I think it's a bit of a false equivalence to compare that situation to Tonon and the Ryan brothers who have been primarily training under Danaher for several years now.

I know deblauss did more in Gordon development as his main coach. I've never heard Gordon specifically say that Danaher has done more the his main coach deblauss.

Tonon I have no clue so you might be right about him.
I'm just going to back out of this thread. I mean you clearly hate Danaher and you know these dudes better than I do. I'm sure you know more than me.

I'm just going to back out of this thread. I mean you clearly hate Danaher and you know these dudes better than I do. I'm sure you know more than me.

I gave credit to Danaher for his leg locks guide..

I just know people who actually trained at Renzo when Danaher was coming up. I took issues with people making excuses why he never competed or rolls with students.

You can look up tons of videos of many Serra making fun of Danaher . I mean the guy walks around in his rashguard in NY to spark conversation about bjj.

But all of those other coaches you mentioned ALSO speak highly of Danaher as a coach, and not just his leg locks.

But all of those other coaches you mentioned ALSO speak highly of Danaher as a coach, and not just his leg locks.

Serra is mean to him lol. Watch the videos when they are together lol.

John Danahar is to bjj what juanito Ibarra was to MMA lol! I kid, I kid. Obviously danahar is a legit coach otherwise no one would listen to him. I agree with others though, I think he likes to listen to himself talk and tries hard to sound like some kind of martial arts philosopher. Dude just show me how to break peoples legs already.

I also believe he is a kind of flavor of the week. As far as I can tell he's not teaching anything that hasn't been taught before. Obviously his obsession with leg locks has revealed details about these techniques that were either hidden or not well known by many people but at the end of the day all this stuff can still be countered by basic jujitsu.

Honestly I don´t think a good coach must be a good competitior. I met a lot of great competitiors who were technically pretty average BUT physical very very good athletes.

In BJJ you can make bad technique work if you have enough athletic abilities and so not every good fighter can really show you a biomechanical correct move because he don´t have to be effecient because of his athletic ability.

Look too many people who are far, far better than me technically give credit to Danaher.

Even if you don’t count the death squad you have people like Firas and GSP who train under him and praise him very highly.

If he was full of shit would GSP keep him around as a ringside coach?
I don’t think so.

people act like john just enntered the scene i had heard since 2009 that john was a god of jiu jitsu much before the leg system again these top guys wouldnt be going there if he wasnt amazing you really dont know grappling if you think all he does well is leg locksor the rest of his guys would get murdered

Look too many people who are far, far better than me technically give credit to Danaher.

Even if you don’t count the death squad you have people like Firas and GSP who train under him and praise him very highly.

If he was full of shit would GSP keep him around as a ringside coach?
I don’t think so.
exactly and weidman and others this isnt the 90S you gotta be damn good now tons of blacks today who would jump on it to make that cornerman money

Pretty much everyone who moves to big name gyms got their start somewhere else.

That's practically true by definition.

Back