John Danaher - inside heel hook breaking mechanics & 3 different finishing positions)

The way he describes breaking the different ligaments is cold blooded

Your ken shamrock obsession distirbs me

Techniques.
Ken knows old school catch
Shamrock has awesome heel hooks and would roll John up. I’ll techniques advance though and I don’t think it’s any surprise that the modern method of breaking is much better than the old-school way. Everything improves for the most part.

Shamrock has awesome heel hooks and would roll John up. I’ll techniques advance though and I don’t think it’s any surprise that the modern method of breaking is much better than the old-school way. Everything improves for the most part.
True
Would love to see it. Grappling leg locks

So, you are saying a long time pro fighter can beat an old man with knees so bad he can probably barely walk???

So, you are saying a long time pro fighter can beat an old man with knees so bad he can probably barely walk???
If That’s what you got out of it… My point is that that doesn’t matter. I was responding to someone that suggested ken may have better heel hooks. I was disagreeing.

If That’s what you got out of it… My point is that that doesn’t matter. I was responding to someone that suggested ken may have better heel hooks. I was disagreeing.
Ken is last of catch
He has the purest linage
Gotch fujiwara funaki ken
Imo best leg locker apart from funaki

Dude danaher travels up and down NY with his rash guard on.. the dude is not as injured as people think.

But since we're talking about it, Ken's mechanics were not as good. He would just sort of jump on a leg and crank, held position through strength.

Case in point, when he sat back to go after Royce's legs, he had no positioning, no tangles, not even a reap. Basically pulled Royce into mount. He never set his stuff up, and didn't chain subs.

Barnett and Sato are much better examples of old school leg locking in MMA with sound fundamentals and submission chains.

But since we're talking about it, Ken's mechanics were not as good. He would just sort of jump on a leg and crank, held position through strength.

Case in point, when he sat back to go after Royce's legs, he had no positioning, no tangles, not even a reap. Basically pulled Royce into mount. He never set his stuff up, and didn't chain subs.

Barnett and Sato are much better examples of old school leg locking in MMA with sound fundamentals and submission chains.
ufc 1 ken was green as hell.
the kneebar on bas was magical
93 ken had been training few years. And only serious in 92

Back