John Danaher front headlock set filmed and on the way

That's interesting because I have always thought that Glover's arm-in style was sort of the classic arm-in style. He learned it from Renzo Gracie who really developed and brought the technique to the forefront.

There are definitely some new arm-in guillotine variations and styles but if you watch Hinger, Pena, Giles, Danis, Geo, Darragh, or other guys currently on the scene doing arm-in guillotines I still see them doing them mostly the Renzo/Glover (traditional) way. And even the guillotine that Gordon did on Keenan seemed like a traditional arm-in finish to me. I may be missing something on it though.

You aren't missing a thing. I am wrong. See? Now it all makes sense...

Did not know Glover learned it from Renzo. That is a cool bit of history.

i remember when Danaher invented the front head lock, good times, good times.

tbh he invented alot of amazing stuff remember hearing all the hype about him around 2007 and finally he decided to show some of his stuff nowadays

FUCK YEAHH!!!

mount is what we need next we have plenty of kimura trap sets i hope he comes out his senses and realizes the bjj community hasnt had a legit mount dvd since the 90s going over top level strategy

Matt Arroyo - Mount Attacks Blueprint?

Has helped me out quite a bit

That's interesting because I have always thought that Glover's arm-in style was sort of the classic arm-in style. He learned it from Renzo Gracie who really developed and brought the technique to the forefront.

There are definitely some new arm-in guillotine variations and styles but if you watch Hinger, Pena, Giles, Danis, Geo, Darragh, or other guys currently on the scene doing arm-in guillotines I still see them doing them mostly the Renzo/Glover (traditional) way. And even the guillotine that Gordon did on Keenan seemed like a traditional arm-in finish to me. I may be missing something on it though.

I thought the Renzo style was more deep arm-in.
Bringing your ribs/lats close on one side and having the other arm in deep.

The shallow arm-in I saw taught w/Jeff Glover and Ryan Hall.

I thought the Renzo style was more deep arm-in.
Bringing your ribs/lats close on one side and having the other arm in deep.

The shallow arm-in I saw taught w/Jeff Glover and Ryan Hall.
That may be the case. I know Glover first picked it up from Renzo but maybe he adjusted it later. I learned it from Glover and Hall the shallow way.

That may be the case. I know Glover first picked it up from Renzo but maybe he adjusted it later. I learned it from Glover and Hall the shallow way.

Yeah I just looked it up.

I’ve never seen Renzo teach it, but I originally saw the details to the arm-in from Lucinao Cristovam (RGA BB) and they were very different from the shallow finish - which is why I thought the Renzo finish was different.

I still have a lot of trouble finishing it, but it’s more of a strangle.

https://bjjfanatics.com/collections/all/products/the-front-headlock-system-by-john-danaher

DVDwrap-1-4_PART_1.jpg

DVDwrap-1-4_PART_2_%281%29.jpg

Back