John Candy vs John Goodman - Most beloved actor?

Adamant

Adamantium Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Two of the most beloved actors in the history of Hollywood. Who takes it?

MTE4MDAzNDEwNzc5NzM1NTY2.jpg

kinopoisk.ru-John-Goodman-588426.jpg

I put "John Goodman is a dick" into Google and this came up
From Reddit:
When in St. Louis, his hometown, John Goodman used go to strip clubs on the east-side and tried to tip the dancers in coupons from a restaurant where he is part owner.
Edit: I don't believe John Goodman is particularly a dick. I have also met him in Vegas and he was a very nice guy. His actions at the strip club were in my opinion a little funny...the girls working there had a different opinion.

Don't know if it is true but LOL

The performance in Big Lebowski is unrivaled

Shabbos.jpg

The performance in Big Lebowski is unrivaled

Shabbos.jpg

Perhaps it's not fair to judge this based on overall career. Goodman is still acting and Candy died in the 90s. Not fair.

As for their personal character, I've heard nothing but good things about both.

Last edited:
I put "John Goodman is a dick" into Google and this came up
From Reddit:

Don't know if it is true but LOL

Kevin Smith once told a story about how he discovered he couldn't afford to pay Goodman for an indie movie he was doing (after Goodman already signed on) and was worried Goodman was gonna walk, but when he finally built up the courage to tell him he couldn't pay him, Goodman didn't care and did the part anyway. Wasn't even mad. Same jolly guy just happy to help.

I've heard stories about Candy too about how he was the most loveable guy on set and would always brighten the mood and bring a smile to your face.

Goodman is great, but nobody cooks a better pancake than this man:

post-26854-Uncle-Buck-drill-cinemagraph-g-ekrK.gif

It's a tie, Imo Goodman should play Candy in a movie about his life.

I'd watch that.

Candy and it's not even close.

Candy was in so many classic comedies. Stripes, planestranes and automobiles, canadian bacon, uncle buck, wagons east. He was in movies with felow legends like bulushi akroyd, ramis, murry, chase, martin and short. And he was always funny.

He takes it for me because I grew up watching his movies.

And I just dont like roseanne

Candy was in so many classic comedies. Stripes, planestranes and automobiles, canadian bacon, uncle buck, wagons east. He was in movies with felow legends like bulushi akroyd, ramis, murry, chase, martin and short. And he was always funny.

Who's Harry Crumb?
Spaceballs

Just wanted to add those to the movies you've listed because they're dope.

Canadian beer sucks

Back