John Bain, AKA Total Biscuit, passes away

Bob Gray

Deadlights Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://www.pcgamer.com/game-critic...source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

Noted game critic and youtube personality. I was passingly familiar with him, but I know he had a loyal following in the gaming community and a youtube channel with multi million subscribers. After a prolonged battle with cancer, he passed away. He was 33 years old.

"When I leave this world I want to leave something my family can use to help them earn," wrote Bain in his retirement announcement earlier this month, in which he said that he expected the Co-optional podcast be taken over by Genna after his death.

"It's been a privilege," he wrote, "thank you all for letting me into your life and do something so important as to have an impact on how you spend your hard-earned money."

bZHpgkUQs8NB4nUKk5hMKA-650-80.jpg

Last edited:
So sad. He was a great guy.

RIP John "TotalBiscuit" Bain

He's one of the few critics you could trust every opinion he had was 110% his true opinion without any outside influences.

A true rare gem in the cesspool of gaming journalism.

He will be missed.

Died of Cancer at 33? Yikes, unlucky.

Fucking hell. I was hoping he pulls through somehow.

been following his channel for years, despite things looking worse and worse for him the last few weeks its still shocking to hear this

agree or disagree with the man but you cant deny he was a big part of the gaming community

Sad to hear, was subscribed to him for a while, he stuck to his morals for the most part and wasn't hyperbolic or vengeful like Jim Sterlin, TB would give people their due. I found him to be the best champion of consumers in the industry.

This makes me sad. He was so young. Fuck cancer.

I used to have the co-op podcast on as background noise all the time.

RIP TB, hopefully there are FOV sliders in heaven.

This hit me hard. I wouldn't have gotten into Hearthstone if not for his arena videos, not to mention his WoW vids and his "WTF is..." series, and all the general good he's done in the gaming community. RIP

Sad to hear. He was an interesting guy. There were times when I thought he was way too juvenile in how he critiqued things, and I was often in total disagreement with his valuation of some games; but I kept tuning in because ultimately he was entertaining to listen to. He really held that podcast together.

This makes me sad. He was so young. Fuck cancer.
An older friend of mine just found out that he has bladder cancer. His dad passed a few months ago because of a brain tumor, and his brother in law just died on Tuesday (I don't know if that one is cancer related). The family just keeps getting hit by horrible news.

Shit just won't let up. I'm at least optimistic because bladder cancer has a high survival rate if it's caught early.

Shitty all around. His "WTF is.." series sold me on a number of games and I loved the format of "I liked this and this but that and that wasn't so hot." Much better than a review score and a few poorly written paragraphs. RIP.

WTF was a great series. Got into Youtube gaming to help me pick out games to buy (and then enjoyed the personalities of some lp'ers) and WTF was a great series for that.

RIP.

I appreciate how he took a stand against the rampant and egregious PC agenda ravaging Silicon Valley and the videogame industry, right now.

Smashing that F button to pay respects.

TB was probably the first "professional youtuber" I started following back in the day. A huge influence in games industry and media, his mark will be a long-lasting one.

RIP

Biscuits body still in the cooler and some guy behind the Fortnite account didn't hesitate to put the moves on the widow.

0e0.png

No wonder he was the "CynicalBrit." Fuck cancer. Loved his videos and "WTF.. Is" series.

Big loss to the YouTube community.

Sad news. I was never a big follower tbh but he obviously left a mark on the community and dying of cancer at such a young age is always tragic

Back