Joe Rogan's biggest whoppers?

EDIT: also were still talking about how hard it was to make a video, lets not even start talking how hard it would be to send 3 dudes and a car to the moon and back, and why today noones even thinking about it, even Musk said it is " way too much of a risk" now in 2017...

Soyuz

Shenzhou

International Space Station

Tiangong 2

All manned by human crew, active satellite maintenance sites right now, in 2017

So the technology to leave earth in a spaceship is absolutely a thing we use

Re-entry into earth's atmosphere is far more dangerous than entry into the moon's sad excuse for an atmosphere

I hate how he simply doesnt recognize Fedor as p4p MMA GOAT,most likely because he is UFC employe and Dana"s friend.

This thread turning into dudes on the internet questioning NDT science background and faking the moon landing might be dumber than anything Rogan has ever said, but goddamn it’s entertaining and hilarious.

Maia can't throw a high kick then tries to argue with Cruz, after a while Maia throws a high kick.

Brendan schaub is joe's biggest whopper

Oh look! An internet article! Written by person named Sophie Weiner!

Oh im sorry then, i was thinking forming my own opinion was fine, but i forgot opinions became obsolete since we have internet articles.

And her best argument is that " The only way to recreate this on Earth would be to light the scene with millions of super-bright lasers." <45><45> , even posting a funny video about it! I can tell you right now that there are multiple ways of doing this, one is simply by using sun as a light source ( increased exposure on dark background, you get exact same result on that video, dont know why those people try to recreate it in studio with 2-3 light sources, they either complete amateurs or stupid ), other method is including multiple light sources, couple of mirrors, and a measuring tape.

And again the argument of "keeping 400000 employees from spilling the beans" ( i guess they included janitors and dish washers to that number ), is nonsense and not thought out at all, on multiple levels, for multiple reasons.

But its an internet article! Written by this girl Sophie! Why would i need an opinion?

EDIT: also were still talking about how hard it was to make a video, lets not even start talking how hard it would be to send 3 dudes and a car to the moon and back, and why today noones even thinking about it, even Musk said it is " way too much of a risk" now in 2017...
See you’re trying to act like your opinion on whether factual historical matters actually happened is valid. You’re entitled to an opinion on how you feel about the events happening, but it ceases to be opinion and becomes delusion when you insist things that happened, didn’t happen. You can’t hide behind “just my opinion !” to hold dumb beliefs if those dumb beliefs are roundly and easily disproven.

Further, even if this were a matter of opinion, not all opinions are equal. There are kneejerk opinions and well-educated opinions. The opinion of an astrophysicist regarding matters of astrophysics is infinitely more valuable than yours or mine.

What about Sam Rockwell in Moon

Moon-1.jpg

Did he even go to Moon

Would have been a better twist than the actual ending imo. Still a good movie though.

Oh look! An internet article! Written by person named Sophie Weiner!

Oh im sorry then, i was thinking forming my own opinion was fine, but i forgot opinions became obsolete since we have internet articles.

And her best argument is that " The only way to recreate this on Earth would be to light the scene with millions of super-bright lasers." <45><45> , even posting a funny video about it! I can tell you right now that there are multiple ways of doing this, one is simply by using sun as a light source ( increased exposure on dark background, you get exact same result on that video, dont know why those people try to recreate it in studio with 2-3 light sources, they either complete amateurs or stupid ), other method is including multiple light sources, couple of mirrors, and a measuring tape.

And again the argument of "keeping 400000 employees from spilling the beans" ( i guess they included janitors and dish washers to that number ), is nonsense and not thought out at all, on multiple levels, for multiple reasons.

But its an internet article! Written by this girl Sophie! Why would i need an opinion?

There are plenty of other articles and videos saying the same shit, I’m not going to locate them all for you. There is a video of Tyson detailing how it was not possible to fake that video in 1969, but I’m not going to be able to find that.

That is a random article, and you and I are random shertards. Neil Degrasse Tyson actually knows what the fuck he’s talking about - you assuredly do not. Accept it.

You can have your opinion, doesn’t change the truth that it’s incorrect. You are just in denial that you are mistaken in your belief, and that Tyson and many others are correct.

If you watch some Neil Tyson interviews you kind of realise he has no idea What he's talking about, he just mumbles and stumbles over some sciencey sounding words and says that's as simply as he can explains it
Lmfao you're just a moron who can't comprehend what he says.

<Oku02>

<Oku02>

<Oku02>

Come on guys, the answers are a google away

You can do this

BA in Physics (Harvard University) 1980
Master's Degree in Astronomy (University of Texas) 1983
Master's Degree in Astrophysics (Columbia University) 1989
Doctorate in Astrophysics (Columbia University) 1991
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Princeton University) from 1991 to 1994
Appointed Director of Hayden Planetarium, 1996

Publications:
Merlin's Tour of the Universe (1989, 1998)
Universe Down to Earth (1994)
Just Visiting This Planet (1998)
One Universe: At Home in the Cosmos (2000)
Cosmic Horizons: Astronomy at the Cutting Edge (2000)

City of Stars: A New Yorker's Guide to the Cosmos
(2002)
My Favorite Universe (a 12-part lecture series) (2003)
Origins: Fourteen Billion Years of Cosmic Evolution (2004)
The Sky Is Not the Limit: Adventures of an Urban Astrophysicist (2004)
Death By Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries (2007)
The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of America's Favorite Planet (2009)
Space Chronicles: Facing the Ultimate Frontier (2012)
Welcome To The Universe: An Astrophysical Tour (2016)
Astrophysics For People In A Hurry (2017)

Research Publications:

"UVBY Photometry of Blue Stragglers in NGC 7789". Astronomical Journal (1985)
"Bursting Dwarf Galaxies: Implications for Luminosity Function, Space Density, and Cosmological Mass Density". Astrophysical Journal (1988)
"On the possibility of Gas-Rich Dwarf Galaxies in the Lyman-alpha Forest". Astrophysical Journal (1988)
"Radial Velocity Distribution and Line Strengths of 33 Carbon Stars in the Galactic Bulge". Astrophysical Journal (1991)
"An Exposure Guide for Taking Twilight Flatfields with Large Format CCDs". Astronomical Journal (1993)
"On the Possibility of a Major Impact on Uranus in the Past Century". Astronomy & Astrophysics (1993)
"The Expanding Photosphere Method Applied to SN1992am at cz = 14600 km/s". Astronomical Journal (1994)
"The Type Ia Supernova 1989B in NGC3627 (M66)". Astronomical Journal (1994)
"BVRI Light Curves For 29 Type Ia Supernovae". Astronomical Journal (1996)
"Optical light curves of the Type IA supernovae SN 1990N and 1991T". Astronomical Journal (1998)

"The Cosmic Evolution Survey (COSMOS): Overview". Astrophysical Journal Supplement (2007)
"COSMOS: Hubble Space Telescope Observations". Astrophysical Journal Supplement (2007)
"The Faint-End Slopes of Galaxy Luminosity Functions in the COSMOS Field". Astrophysical Journal (2008)

Considering his last two publications were 2016 and 2017 and he hasn't stepped down from Director of Hayden Planetarium, I'd say you're looking at a fairly active scientist and researcher in their field
great post for all the retards on this thread.

If you realize that Joe is a UFC shill firstmost, then many shocking statements about the current fighters become more understandable.

Exactly. Who was that old billionaire dude he had on the show? Guy must have been about 80 or something. And he looked at Rogan dead in the eye and said...”you’re in the system, on the inside big time. You pretend you’re not but you are” and Rogan shrivelled up. He’s your regular old Hollywood acting multimillionaire capitalist average ‘Joe’

Back