Joe Rogan's biggest whoppers?

If you watch some Neil Tyson interviews you kind of realise he has no idea What he's talking about, he just mumbles and stumbles over some sciencey sounding words and says that's as simply as he can explains it

Well he's not really just spouting bullshit, but an astrophysicist is not an expert in general science or even most subjects. Astrophysics pretty much take up your whole mind, and you have to be a huge fucking autist to be able to get into this successfully and even grasp some of the concepts - so that's why he's a kind of a strange dude.

I wouldn't ask Neil for relationship advice and expect something qualified, for example. Same thing with the moon landing. Astrophysics =/= rocket fucking science

Haha! It really was. If you noticed he sort of started to change direction with the conspiracy shit after that episode. He must have watched it back and thought the same things we did.

Even Eddie Bravo was "What the fuck Joe"

"Don't worry. The donkey semen is sterilized"

giphy.gif

Fuck he's a creepy weirdo. Look at him leaning in to within inches from her

As someone who finds the conspiracy entertaining. It isn't anti-science based. It is based on the theory of making sure they beat the Russian space team by any means necessary.

Yea, and they weren't saying all the landings were faked, right? Just the first, or first and second?

In all fairness Joe did do an excellent job hyping up Ronda. He looked like a fool after she lost but for the time being he pretty much reached new heights as far as convincing people how good of a fighter she was supposed to be.

Any of the Ronda Rousey stuff really.

"Once ever in human history"

"A mythical creature"

"She could destroy Floyd Mayweather"

"Should could beat 50% of male UFC bantamweights, maybe more if her chin holds up"

"She looked like a World champion kickboxer" (after winning a windmilling battle with Bethe Correia)

"She could go into any sport she wanted and dominate - she could go into surfing and be the best ever surfer"

I'm sure there are plenty more I've forgotten about.

Someone once made a beautiful bullet point list of all of them. It truly was amazing. Must have been like 20 or more. I wish I saved it.

In all fairness Joe did do an excellent job hyping up Ronda. He looked like a fool after she lost but for the time being he pretty much reached new heights as far as convincing people how good of a fighter she was supposed to be.

Yeah I think he and dana even convinced herself.. And pretty much everyone played along.

Pretending Alpha Brain / other Onnit bullshit actually works.

<Oku02>

<Oku02>

<Oku02>

Come on guys, the answers are a google away

You can do this

BA in Physics (Harvard University) 1980
Master's Degree in Astronomy (University of Texas) 1983
Master's Degree in Astrophysics (Columbia University) 1989
Doctorate in Astrophysics (Columbia University) 1991
Post-Doctoral Research Associate (Princeton University) from 1991 to 1994
Appointed Director of Hayden Planetarium, 1996

Publications:
Merlin's Tour of the Universe (1989, 1998)
Universe Down to Earth (1994)
Just Visiting This Planet (1998)
One Universe: At Home in the Cosmos (2000)
Cosmic Horizons: Astronomy at the Cutting Edge (2000)

City of Stars: A New Yorker's Guide to the Cosmos
(2002)
My Favorite Universe (a 12-part lecture series) (2003)
Origins: Fourteen Billion Years of Cosmic Evolution (2004)
The Sky Is Not the Limit: Adventures of an Urban Astrophysicist (2004)
Death By Black Hole: And Other Cosmic Quandaries (2007)
The Pluto Files: The Rise and Fall of America's Favorite Planet (2009)
Space Chronicles: Facing the Ultimate Frontier (2012)
Welcome To The Universe: An Astrophysical Tour (2016)
Astrophysics For People In A Hurry (2017)

Research Publications:

"UVBY Photometry of Blue Stragglers in NGC 7789". Astronomical Journal (1985)
"Bursting Dwarf Galaxies: Implications for Luminosity Function, Space Density, and Cosmological Mass Density". Astrophysical Journal (1988)
"On the possibility of Gas-Rich Dwarf Galaxies in the Lyman-alpha Forest". Astrophysical Journal (1988)
"Radial Velocity Distribution and Line Strengths of 33 Carbon Stars in the Galactic Bulge". Astrophysical Journal (1991)
"An Exposure Guide for Taking Twilight Flatfields with Large Format CCDs". Astronomical Journal (1993)
"On the Possibility of a Major Impact on Uranus in the Past Century". Astronomy & Astrophysics (1993)
"The Expanding Photosphere Method Applied to SN1992am at cz = 14600 km/s". Astronomical Journal (1994)
"The Type Ia Supernova 1989B in NGC3627 (M66)". Astronomical Journal (1994)
"BVRI Light Curves For 29 Type Ia Supernovae". Astronomical Journal (1996)
"Optical light curves of the Type IA supernovae SN 1990N and 1991T". Astronomical Journal (1998)

"The Cosmic Evolution Survey (COSMOS): Overview". Astrophysical Journal Supplement (2007)
"COSMOS: Hubble Space Telescope Observations". Astrophysical Journal Supplement (2007)
"The Faint-End Slopes of Galaxy Luminosity Functions in the COSMOS Field". Astrophysical Journal (2008)

Considering his last two publications were 2016 and 2017 and he hasn't stepped down from Director of Hayden Planetarium, I'd say you're looking at a fairly active scientist and researcher in their field

Okay looks like I was wrong

Iol

It's creepy even assuming it wasn't semen or anything bizarre.
I just love how everyone's head tilts back as she takes the last chug.

Is she gonna drink it alllllll yes.
No vomit no vomit no vommmmiiittttttttttt good.
There goes all your dignityyyyyyyyyyyyyy boom goes the dynamite.

I just love how everyone's head tilts back as she takes the last chug.

Is she gonna drink it alllllll yes.
No vomit no vomit no vommmmiiittttttttttt good.
There goes all your dignityyyyyyyyyyyyyy boom goes the dynamite.

You made me watch it again. You bastard.

Lol

Talking mad shit about pro wrestling then when he has Josh Barnett or fucking Billy Corgan he kisses their ass about how great the sport is and how people need to look deeper than the surface. Rogan is a stupid mans genius.

I thought people have a problem with degrade Tyson cause he is a nasa shill that tows the company lines (i.e shills and lies) and was purposely put in the pop culture stratosphere to appeal to the mouth breathing dregs of society as the token black science guy.....it's pretty obvious that it's meant to placate certain demographics and entertain folks not to really educate them (most astrophysicist have more pressing matters than being in the fucking daily show)<{cruzshake}>

man, thats such an ignorant post. its a very pressing matter indeed to expose as many people as possible to science. a lot of people from a lot of different backgrounds would have no way in to science if not for people popularising it. hey, what dyou think of stephen hawkings best selling book on cosmology, a brief history of time? i always thought that instead of selling 10 million books he should have been busy saving the universe or building millenium falcons, right?

"You can send Brock Lesnar back through any period of time and he'll be at the front of line on the biggest horse swinging a fucking sword."

Back