Joe Rogan's biggest whoppers?

Trying to pull off those hairplugs for as long as he did was pretty cringey. They weren't fooling anyone. Looked like ass hair growing out of the top of his head.

While i do agree, Neils best opposing argument was that "faking a moon landing would be 10 times harder than actually doing it" , wich is about equally as stupid, but neither of those guys are scientists, so actually the conversation went as expected...

so when you have an astrophysics phd

and spend 3 years doing post doctoral research at an ivy league university

you still aren't a scientist?

damn you got some high standards son, i bet you scoff at the theory of relativity and mutter "git gud filty casul"

i had a few lecturers at uni that would do things like put down bill gates for his work in creating windows and also put down academics who do the media circuit for not having very good degrees and so on. even as an undergraduate noob i thought it whiffed faintly of lame

"Nate Diaz has the best boxing in MMA!!"

"Marijuana is definitely a performance-enhancer"
"Marijuana is not a performance-enhancer at all"

One time he was counting how long it took the ref to stop a fight.... in slow motion.

"Chris Leben is a K-1-level striker"

"Cain Velasquez has world-class muay thai"

"We might have to bring in Aoki from Japan"

"Chris Cariaso has one-punch knockout power"

so when you have an astrophysics phd

and spend 3 years doing post doctoral research at an ivy league university

you still aren't a scientist?

damn you got some high standards son, i bet you scoff at the theory of relativity and mutter "git gud filty casul"

i had a few lecturers at uni that would do things like put down bill gates for his work in creating windows and also put down academics who do the media circuit for not having very good degrees and so on. even as an undergraduate noob i thought it whiffed faintly of lame

I dont consider him a scientist. He is a science popularizer. A charismatic TV persona with a science degree.

If he was a credible scientist whos popularity came from his research, im sure his best argument wouldnt be "but faking it would be 10 times harder than doing it".

I dont consider him a scientist. He is a science popularizer. A charismatic TV persona with a science degree.

If he was a credible scientist whos popularity came from his research, im sure his best argument wouldnt be "but faking it would be 10 times harder than doing it".

he doesnt merely have a degree, thats like saying that einstein attended nursery or that jon jones attended wrestling once.

perhaps when you understand that neil was there to have an informal conversation with a pothead, rather than to conduct a presentation of independently verified evidence for the moon landings, you might make some headway with this. if someone asks me how i am at work, i dont say "well i still have a sore back, ankle, shoulder, and digestive problems, i'm quite anxious about the lack of progress in these areas", because thats not appropriate for the context. i say "i'm alright man".

i feel like you don't understand that a scientist isnt some kind of infallible knowledge robot that is constantly switched on. theyre just people who studied a lot and got good at something. there are many stereotypes regarding how often academics seem to gain knowledge in their field at the expense of, say, social skills or general common sense. many talented academics are profoundly mentally ill. if you want to discount neils well documented academic background based on his response to joe rogans dumb comments which are actually beneath contempt, i think you maybe need to back the fuck up a bit. perhaps the struggle here was for neil not to just jump down joes throat and call him a fucking moron and burst out laughing?

god damn fuck this im going a walk

Lol only on the internet would a guy with a PHD in Astrophysics at Columbia University not be considered a scientist.

"Don't worry. The donkey semen is sterilized"

giphy.gif
I just puked in my garbage can

he doesnt merely have a degree, thats like saying that einstein attended nursery or that jon jones attended wrestling once.

perhaps when you understand that neil was there to have an informal conversation with a pothead, rather than to conduct a presentation of independently verified evidence for the moon landings, you might make some headway with this. if someone asks me how i am at work, i dont say "well i still have a sore back, ankle, shoulder, and digestive problems, i'm quite anxious about the lack of progress in these areas", because thats not appropriate for the context. i say "i'm alright man".

i feel like you don't understand that a scientist isnt some kind of infallible knowledge robot that is constantly switched on. theyre just people who studied a lot and got good at something. there are many stereotypes regarding how often academics seem to gain knowledge in their field at the expense of, say, social skills or general common sense. many talented academics are profoundly mentally ill. if you want to discount neils well documented academic background based on his response to joe rogans dumb comments which are actually beneath contempt, i think you maybe need to back the fuck up a bit. perhaps the struggle here was for neil not to just jump down joes throat and call him a fucking moron and burst out laughing?

jesus christ you tried hard there :D neil is that you? :D all i wanted to say is i thought his argument was stupid, and i still think it was, even for arguing with a pothead...

"Once in a lifetime does not apply to Ronda Rousey. It's once EVER, in human history."
/thread. most people don't say something this stupid in their entire lives, about anything.

He tried showing Neil Degrasse Tyson youtube videos proving the moon landing was fake

That was a pretty cringe episode

Keep in mind this is after getting thoroughly eviscerated time and time again by experts in the field any time he has them on his show.

He always falls back on "well I'm just asking questions" and just completely ignores the free education and says the same shit to different people later.

I feel like he mixed up Bill Nye and Neil and doesn't want to admit it.

jesus christ you tried hard there :D neil is that you? :D all i wanted to say is i thought his argument was stupid, and i still think it was, even for arguing with a pothead...

if you think thats trying hard i feel a bit sorry for you. thanks for the ego boost tho

Shocked that, "Houston Alexander Is For Real!!!" Took this long to make the cut.

I thought people have a problem with degrade Tyson cause he is a nasa shill that tows the company lines (i.e shills and lies) and was purposely put in the pop culture stratosphere to appeal to the mouth breathing dregs of society as the token black science guy.....it's pretty obvious that it's meant to placate certain demographics and entertain folks not to really educate them (most astrophysicist have more pressing matters than being in the fucking daily show)<{cruzshake}>

There are still people who actually believe people have been to the moon and back.... in 2017??

{<jordan}
not only are there "people," the president just said we are sending people "back to the moon." get the bouncy house ready.

“Scientist” has a definition and distinction understood to mean a specific thing in language. Tyson, as a PhD in Astrophysics, fits that definition soundly. It doesn’t matter what you consider him to be, you are wrong. Trying to change the definition of words to suit you doesn’t work.

Back