Joe Rogan: "Wrestling is the most important skill in MMA"

Jose Aldo should also be mentioned. In his prime he ate wrestlers for breakfast. I'd say he was more impossible to take down than Cro Cop.
Ya his TDD was good, but I wouldn’t consider Aldo a pure striker, he was pretty well rounded.

Mirko was literally a kickboxer who didn’t have a clue on the ground when he crossed over to mma and depended heavily on his TDD.

I feel like the only people debating this don't grasp the concept. His point is obviously valid.

You’re clueless. Khabib is a multiple time sambo champ so his submission game is just fine, he didn’t have to use it much
So I am clueless? What are you trying to say? That Khabib is a great striker?

What about catch wrestlers who have knowledge of submissions? I believed all you needed was good TDD but then I saw everyone get mauled by Khabib. Yes I know the Tibau fight but that was when Khabib only went for single and double leg takedowns, his game has evolved since then.

You need good hands vs kebab:
40% have ultra shit boxing.
40% have dogshit boxing.
20% have shit boxing.

With more money we will get better athletes and so probably elite boxers will join the ufc.

We have 100000000000000000000 wrestlers per year.

How many elite boxers join the ufc each year? 0-2 (I am generous).

elite boxing/striking is the future.

You need good hands vs kebab:
40% have ultra shit boxing.
40% have dogshit boxing.
20% have shit boxing.

With more money we will get better athletes and so probably elite boxers will join the ufc.

We have 100000000000000000000 wrestlers per year.

How many elite boxers join the ufc each year? 0-2 (I am generous).

elite boxing/striking is the future.

and many MMA fighters even lack the basics LMFAO or they dont even check leg kicks ... just embarrassing.

Back