Joe Rogan talking about Boxing, MMA, Muay Thai

No. Rogan did Olympic style TaeKwonDo and took 3 Kickboxing fights, but the TKD Rogan did looked nothing like what it does today. People were gunning for each other in the 90s like in Kyokushin. In fact, I'd bet there were equal amounts of KOs in TaeKwondo.

i was talking about andy hug.

oh no no, i meant even that even though andy is kyokushin/kickboxer (contrary to our discussion on muay thai legends), he is another fighter that rogan mentions quite a fair bit. i worded that funny.

I prefer he speaks about Saenchai rather than Ramon Dekkers and Kevin Ross all the time.

If you talk up muay thai then just talk about kevin ross, you're worthless. Might as well talk up kit cope or some shit

Rogan uses something called Young Jamie for all his search needs.

Was listening to that last fight companion and Joe really doesn't know shit about Muay Thai clinching. He litterally thinks it's only the double collar neck tie.

Now this I have a problem with more-so than him not knowing who Superlek is...

Was listening to that last fight companion and Joe really doesn't know shit about Muay Thai clinching. He litterally thinks it's only the double collar neck tie.

Now this I have a problem with more-so than him not knowing who Superlek is...

Why don't you contact him and educate him? Couple of tutorial videos... I'm sure he'd be happy to know more.

Why don't you contact him and educate him? Couple of tutorial videos... I'm sure he'd be happy to know more.

It's on Rogan to know the straightforward aspects of what he's seeing; it's the basis for what a color commentator is.

Ironically enough I did school him about how Thai fight names work on his message board and he actually replied thanking me and said it correctly on a follow up podcast :cool:

But ya, I don't appreciate the smart ass response. Refer to @Cocakillbana post. He should know technical shit, especially something so often acknowledged in MMA, just with very limited proper use.

Back