Joe Rogan Reacts To the UFC Pound For Pound Rankings for the first time

When are they finally gonna do gender 4 gender rankings?

I agree. IF that fight takes place at 135lbs.

Funny Rogan and DJ himself calls him the P4P King yet he refuses to fight out of the 125lbs class because he wants to build his record which is understandable but still.. to be a p4p king you would have to prove your worth against the elite in more than just your own division.

Imagine the possible fights for DJ at 135lbs, there's at least a few guys up there I think would give DJ fits and i'm definitely not sure at all if he wins those fights. That's not a P4P King.

Just think about it, DJ vs TJ at 125, I feel like DJ has an advantage... If they meet at 135 then it becomes a very different story

DJ has more fights - and more wins - at 135 than he does at 125.

I am stoned as fuck right now and I still can't bear to listen to him.

That's bad.
Joe Rogan is like meta-stoned or something.
He can't even talk.

Didn't he want to stop smoking or some shit? Maybe he should.
Pretty angry for a stoned guy.

p4p is silly. I prefer champion power ranking model.

DJ
DC
GSP
Conor
Stipe
Halloway
Woodley
Nunes
TJ
Thug
Ferguson

who cares about P4P

Stipe's the best fighter on that list, he could run through 8 of those guys in the same damn night

P4P is marketing nonsense

not jon, he roided....MM is fighting bums....

I don't think PFP makes sense in the entertainment business.

How much would a Demetrious Johnson with 4 arms weigh?

It just blows my mind that people put so much stock into a fairytale ranking like pound for pound.

It's a myth. It isn't real and there is nothing relevant at all involved in determining how someone is p4p the best.

It would be a fantastic day if this fairytale ranking just disappeared forever.
IMG_3586.JPG

When has Joe Rogan's opinion been relevant on anything?

P4P formula = little guys keep all of their advantages and none of their weaknesses, big guys lose all of their advantages and keep all of their weaknesses.
WTF are you talking about?

WTF are you talking about?

What I'm talking about is that most people let Mighty Mouse keep his speed and Dodson keep his acrobatics, and also bestow upon them heavyweight power. Meanwhile, heavyweights have their power reduced but keep their plodding HW speed. Nobody fucking speeds up Tim Sylvia for the P4P debate.

I am stoned as fuck right now and I still can't bear to listen to him.

That's bad.
Joe Rogan is like meta-stoned or something.
He can't even talk.

Didn't he want to stop smoking or some shit? Maybe he should.
Yes the dude who has the most succesful podcast in the world, is a professional commentator and is a stand-up comic definitly 'can't talk'.

You should take your own advice and preserve those last few braincells

They simply promote top fighters who are fighting next. Nunes and Holly are better than Tony and Khabib (who moved up without fighting).

rkwrj9.jpg

How come jones didnt have to move up then? and he was p4p k8ng

I never said Jones is or was the p4p king

DJ has more fights - and more wins - at 135 than he does at 125.

His biggest wins at 135 are Torres and Kid Yamamoto who both were WELL on their way out at that point in their career. A win over damacio page in WEC before that... A loss to Brad picket... Hey, I'm not saying he's not impressive, he won the Torres and Yamamoto fight very impressively.

It's just when I picture him fighting the top5 guys at 135 nowadays, I'm not sure I'm betting on DJ in all of those. Hell, I think Alljemain Sterling is pure dogshit but he can drag people down and has a good topgame and is a loooot bigger than DJ. I might even take Aljo, and like I said, I think that dude is dogshit, at least his striking.

To be clear, it's not like I think he shouldn't be in the conversation or anything but to blatantly say that he is the definite p4p king like Rogan always claims, I don't agree with. Frankly, I just think Rogan is so high on his ass because he recognizes the incredible lack of attention and cred DJ gets so he goes overboard with the praising a little bit

Last edited:
Mighty Mouse at 6'1 will not have the same speed and skills he has at the child sized adult 5'3. It has never happened in the history of life and there's a reason for it.

Exactly. P4P doesn't make sense for this exact reason.

I never said Jones is or was the p4p king

His biggest wins at 135 are Torres and Kid Yamamoto who both were WELL on their way out at that point in their career. A win over damacio page in WEC before that... A loss to Brad picket... Hey, I'm not saying he's not impressive, he won the Torres and Yamamoto fight very impressively.

It's just when I picture him fighting the top5 guys at 135 nowadays, I'm not sure I'm betting on DJ in all of those. Hell, I think Alljemain Sterling is pure dogshit but he can drag people down and has a good topgame and is a loooot bigger than DJ. I might even take Aljo, and like I said, I think that dude is dogshit, at least his striking.

To be clear, it's not like I think he shouldn't be in the conversation or anything but to blatantly say that he is the definite p4p king like Rogan always claims, I don't agree with. Frankly, I just think Rogan is so high on his ass because he recognizes the incredible lack of attention and cred DJ gets so he goes overboard with the praising a little bit

You said he refused to fight out of 125. Obviously not true. The bulk of his career has been there. Instead of simply acknowledging your error, you backpedal. Typical.

I like this joke because I understand it. See, Rogan is bald, so he takes Rogaine to not be bald.

Only.... he's not actually on Rogaine, and is in fact bald.

Thus, it makes no fucking god damn sense.

Back