Joe Rogan on UFC 217: I’m hearing Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre is not selling well

Don't matter to me I'll buy my first ppv in I can't remember how long it's a stacked card.

“Bisping vs. GSP. Now, I’m hearing, that that’s not selling well, Madison Square Garden,” Rogan told Eddie Bravo and Brendan Schaub during this weekend’s Fight Companion podcast. “That’s unfortunate.”

“Here’s the thing, though. If you really stop and think about it, that was four years ago since (St-Pierre) last fought Jonny Hendricks. The people that are into the UFC now, they’re post-Ronda Rousey, post-Conor McGregor, the casual fans.”

“The hardcore fans like you and I, we’re gonna watch that fight, for sure,” Rogan continued. “Like, ‘OK, I want to see what Bisping looks like fighting a guy like Georges St-Pierre who’s smaller than him, taken four years off. Bisping’s got this opportunity to make a shitload of money. And then Georges, how’s he gonna look? We haven’t seen him in four years.”

“He’s a little soft,” Rogan said while looking at a recent photo of St-Pierre. “Kind of heavy around the middle, (like he was) eating a lot. There’s a big difference between that and Kevin Lee (who) was jacked. Like that picture of him on top of Tony, when he was dropping bombs on him. Jacked.”

“Georges does not look that good. You can be in great shape at 35 years old, but it really, completely helps if you were super active for a long time.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...ng-georges-st-pierre-joe-rogan-sales-mma-news
Exactly what they deserve for fucking up a stacked mw division for year and a half. Hope the PPV sales suck too

This would have sold out on the last Toronto card. GSP damn near begged to get on that card, but Dana playing weird mind games.

And on another note, if GSP doesn't sell, then the UFC really have no stars and need to rethink how they build stars. Or just except that they hit there peak and prepare for a decline.

this is what people do not understand
the card is stacked.
it will sell because the card is stacked.

but then you will get people here shitting on DJ because "he doesn't sell" without the understanding that if Bisping & GSP were at the same shitty cards that DJ were, it would do almost equal to what DJ does.

The overall card quality matters more than most Main events.

NYC oversaturated? Maybe they should have done it at Toronto Skydome.

It’s been years since GSP fought, he looked like shit in his last fight which many people felt he lost, and no one even wanted this fight to begin with.

No one should be surprised.

Fake news,
As a Canadian I'm buying the shit out of this card

Im sorry, but youre obviously someone who moved here and became a Canadian.

No real white blooded canadian would openly state theyd still purchase a GSP card.

That and the lack of apology makes it obvious.

Nice try troll.

I bought tickets. Ticketmaster is almost sold out. Floor seats are gone. Can't wait fuck yall.

As undeserving GSP is of a middleweight title shot, the fight should none the less be really entertaining. I believe that Bisping will put a beating on GSP. This card is stacked with plenty of great match ups. As someone else here stated, most people care more about stacked cards than just a main event. This is one PPV I am definitely buying, plus the prelim fights look good too.

1236166824_peeinmouth.gif

<45> Oh Angela Magana, at it again!

vcDlwlS.gif

Back