Joe Rogan on UFC 217: I’m hearing Michael Bisping vs. Georges St-Pierre is not selling well

I'm buying it because this is a stacked card, but Rogan is right about the casual fans

This is the Conor era, plus GSP has been gone for 4 years and most likely will have ring rust

Like Freddie Roach said, GSP's athleticism could make a difference, but Michael has been active and will be larger and will make this a fight imo

They shoulda did this one in Canada tbh

Still, to me, it's worth buying. Joanna, TJ vs Garbrandt, Masvidal vs Wonderboy, etc it's gonna be a fun card

I don't understand why they didnt do it at a big canadian stadium. Probably would have made just as much as it will in gate sales as MSG. Its a great card but maybe the price of tickets is putting people off plus the casuals dont care about anyone but conor, brock or ronda.

I specifically remember people on these forums laughing at the UFC when it came out about a year ago they told GSP they have to reintroduce him to the new fans. Everyone said it was them trying to low ball him. Now that it is proven true everyone forgets it and moves on like they were never wrong in the 1st place. Yall never forget when Dana is wrong about something though.

The UFC and GSP both were dumb to think this was going to be a money fight. GSP was never exciting and now he is old and been away long enough that people don't care. Its sad that all of Bispings attempts at getting a money fight before he retires fizzles out. Instead of trying to main event in a money fight he should have gone the Joanna and Woodley route and fought on the undercard of an actual money fight. You would still get paid the same PPV points. The good thing about Bisping is that he makes good money outside of fighting. He should be good for life after fighting even if this fight does not do a million buys.

Me when I find out this pointless piece of shit fight generated only 100k buys:

<{anton}>

$206 - $1,300 are some pretty high priced tickets
https://www1.ticketmaster.com/ufc-2...atid=830&tm_link=venue_msg-0_3B005327FF9D34A2

UFC Norfolk is a Fight Night event with no title fights... but it's f*cking stacked with OG's. A very similar seat I paid $80 to sit at is $700 at this 217 event. That's why it's not filling up.

The return of GSP should've been in Canada if they really wanted to maximize asses in the seats... but you'd think they would do well in NY. Everything is fine... they probably just overshot the ticket prices & will drop it later.

Looks like about %80 of the tickets have been sold using the link you just posted. How many tickets, two weeks before the event, need to be sold to be considered "filling up" ?

Bipsing will never be respected, the guy is the king of ducking ever since he got the belt.

UFC is dead. It's time for the future of combat sports to take over.

vO745Z.gif

625493_v2.gif

The next big thing.
what the FUCK is this?!

The tickets are too expensive but I'm def gonna buy the PPV.

Rogan loves to talk shite

Not even sure how he's still got a job at this point to be honest
He's getting worse event by event

You mean to tell me Bisping doesn't sell tickets? Who would've guessed.

Looks like about %80 of the tickets have been sold using the link you just posted. How many tickets, two weeks before the event, need to be sold to be considered "filling up" ?
I know right. That's a ticketmaster link.

I scrolled around the available tickets... & most of the cheap tickets ($200 - $300) are almost gone. There's a lot more of the $700 tickets available... but it does look like they are doing okay. I don't know the full capacity, so can't speak to 80% being accurate... but it does seem to be selling.

Perhaps the amount of tickets left... is unusually low for this close to the event, (I don't know since there's no valid reference that they're underselling) However, I would expect that most people who were stoked to go, would've gotten their tickets by now. I buy mine the day they're released.

I've been a fan since the late 90s, and IMO the (perceived?) downslide is due to oversaturation and more importantly the lack of dynamic stars. There's no new Anderson matrix-ing people, there's no Liddell consistently KOing guys, etc., the vast majority of fighters are pretty cookie cutter. It's largely become "Who's the best wrestle-boxer".

All of the guys with unique skills (Maia, Wonderboy, Machida, etc.) are either fading or, in Wonderboys case, just couldn't get over the hump, and I feel like Aldo hasn't thrown a leg kick more than a few times in forever.

I've been preaching this for years, but I still wholeheartedly believe that official tournaments would reinvigorate the fanbase. ...and, no I'm no talking about the 2 fights in one night type, but over the course of a year. It would give fans a reason to follow the Darren Till's of the world. He got a big win, but in between now and when he fights next, there will probably be so many cards/fights in between, people will forget. Think about the world we live in today. News and Entertainment move at such a fast pace now, that fighters that don't stand out will get lost in the muck of the who knows how many fighters here are on the roster.

GSP said himself that he bulked up for this fight, so there goes Rogan's "Look at Kevin Lee, jacked!"-theory.

Rogan loves to talk shite

Not even sure how he's still got a job at this point to be honest
He's getting worse event by event
Even his podcast sucks tbh the video that joe claimed tickets are not selling dude pointed out Gsp gotta fat dick and they gotta photoshop it out then his gay ass co host agreed with him right away his voice alone is annoying now for a guy that shoots so much steroids u would expect different

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back