Joe Rogan on Russian sports "All Their athletes are amateurs"

Obviously didn't mean that linemen would be good soccer players - but nice stretch!

Who would be, from the NFL or NBA, though? Except maybe the kickers. Soccer is dominated by a lot of guys under 6 feet tall. Bigger guys can do well as goalies, defenders or target strikers, but mostly the best creative players are pretty minute. That's my point, and it's not a stretch.

Wow. Is it even possible to be this dumb?

I mean, everyone who has ever watched Champions League or NHL knows that Russia is successful.

How could you honestly believe a big country like Russia only has amateur leagues? That's insane!

Who would be, from the NFL or NBA, though? Except maybe the kickers. Soccer is dominated by a lot of guys under 6 feet tall. Bigger guys can do well as goalies, defenders or target strikers, but mostly the best creative players are pretty minute. That's my point, and it's not a stretch.

There are a lot of guys in the NFL under 6 foot tall. NBA there are some but not as common obviously.

They are usually WRs, DBs, HBs.. very, very good athletes.

you got 350 mil people, lots of funding, we do that with 17 mil people, decent funding

And Americans have to use the descendants of African slaves whereas Russia is mostly homogeneous.

The only sport white people dominate in the u.s hockey, because black people don't play it. They don't even dominate baseball anymore.

Thus Joe Rogan is stating the white race is inferior since black athletes dominate the professional athletic scene.

And Americans have to use the descendants of African slaves whereas Russia is mostly homogeneous.

Russia is one of the most diverse countries (ethnically) on the whole face of the earth.
They have over 186 seperate ethnic groups designated as nationalities.

Joe is fucking idiot...

many Russian athletes refuse to turn pro in sports because of the principal...many of the best boxers don't even make it to the pro ranks these days

Meanwhile russia and slavics in general are setting world records(regardless of the venue or whether the sport is "amateur or "pro")
In track and field , wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, Olympic lifting, gymnastics, swimming, volleyball, hockey, every winter sport,judo...etc

BTW.....
Russia has LESS THAN HALF THE MALE POPULATION of the United states and they still dominate many international sports

Also Take the Ukraine for example....it has a population of what? 11 million?

View attachment 336825
Igor olshanksy is one of those 11 million Ukrainians that happened to immigrate with his family to states....olshanksy never heard of american football before his junior year of high school

From there though he became one of the Oregon ducks best defensive players ever...he also held the school record in the clean and jerk and the squat...
Before the age of 21 he could bench press over 500 pounds

At the NFL combine he ran a 4.9 second 40 yard dash and had a bigger vertical than kevin Durant while weighing nearly 320 pounds at 6'6 tall
He also bench pressed 225 pounds 43 times...that's 9 reps short of the combine record

Olshanksy didn't come to the states cause he knew he would excel at a sport he never heard....he immigrated and realized he was like Kal El away from his home planet and living under 1 sun...that compared to many in the United states , he was bigger, stronger, smarter and more athletic

Just to correct you
Ukraine has near 50 million people,bit less.

Russians are juiced just like the chinese but when it comes to doping juicing and other forms of cheating America will always be #1

Lol Rogan. He has filled his big smooth brain with so much nonsense, but yet gives zero fucks to educate himself on very basic facts about the world.

"Jamie pull up that article on asexually reproducing mutant crayfish I tweeted out to 4 million people the other day. Oh the South Pole is in Antartica? Russia has pro sports? What obscure facts!"

Maria Sharapova (Russian) is the highest paid female athlete in the world

28-Hottest-Photos-of-Maria-Sharapova-Tennis-Goddess-13.jpg

I mean, what do you expect from a guy who smokes heefer religiously and hangs with a guy who named his company "10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu"?

I like Joe and his podcast, but I think it's sometimes overrated, yet he has super famous celebrities on his show.

What in the actual fuck is he trying to say
Everybody in NFL is juiced to the gills
NFL, NBA all protect their own athletes and most importantly their superstars
This, if they tested the NFL like they did UFC fighters there would be no NFL

CSKA Moscow is top European Basketball team , won the european cup couple times in past ten years.
Also russian basketball team won Euro championship in 2007 and bronze in London Olympics.
So we are quite OK at basketball too.

I mean I like Joe and also I accept that he can't know everything. But what i dont like is the hypocrisy. Sitting there with a righteous face like - how dare these Soviets dope, so unfair to our US guys. Like WTF, seriosely, US athletes are all clean?

I like Joe and i find his podcast very good when he has interesting guests but to say that Russia don't have professional sports or a professional venue is very ignorant.

congrats; you found an issue you know more about than him, and can see that though he starts on a right path, he quickly diverts into bullshit. many of us have found this to be true on the handful of things he's discussed that we actually know something about.

Joe has a moderate amount of knowledge across a very wide breadth of issues. which makes him a great entertainer.

shook my head when he said hockey.

KHL man.

plus look at all the top russians playing in the NHL and the world right now.

Seems like Joe is unaware that the Soviet Union has ceased to exist.

It's also a total shit hole, with a GDP smaller than other shit holes like Brazil, despite having the most natural resources of any other country in the world.
Instead of spouting total bullshit like this, you could go to Wikipedia and check the GDP lists.

<{cruzshake}>

Back