Joe Rogan not interested in going to Russia to call potential Khabib VS Conor superfight

Context matters.

In the context of this thread, people were inferring that Country A had stronger beer than Country B.

Now if you want to rate an entire country's beer based on the most popular beer, a short sighted, but serviceable metric given this thread, than it would backwards to suggest that Country B has weaker beer given that it's stronger than A's top beer of choice.

A more reasonable approach would be to say (as I did) that the entire notion is bullocks. The US has literally more breweries than any other country (besides maybe China... maybe.) With over 6000 breweries, we have literally tens of thousands of beers to choose from. And yes, some are stupidly strong. Like Sam Adams Utopias at 28% ABV. With the most diverse selection of beer in the world... yes I mean that in a literal sense, the generalization that our beers are all water is a pretty half assed and ignorant claim.

My favorite theater in my city has like 39 beers on tap, many are quite strong. They literally can't pour you a Bud Light or Coors Light because they don't have it on tap. They won't even serve it by the bottle, instead they force you to buy it by the can to shame you. BUT HEY, THEY SERVE WATER! Right guys?!
We have too many fucking beer snobs and hipsters here in the USA. It all started in the 1960s with the creation of "light" beer that gave America and its national beer great shame. Some guy created it to reduce the calories and alcohol content of beer. Similar to the guy who created "Tab" the first calorie free soda. Where everyone is suddenly watching their waistline. Especially here in the states. Well other countries said fuck light beer you pansies. And for the longest time they didn't make it and even when they did it was still stronger than our light beer. Hence why everyone says American beer is piss, it sucks, it's weak. It's because of the invention of light beer that soiled our named. Which was created by an American. Owades was his name. He created it in 1967.

We have too many fucking beer snobs and hipsters here in the USA. It all started in the 1960s with the creation of "light" beer that gave America and its national beer great shame. Some guy created it to reduce the calories and alcohol content of beer. Similar to the guy who created "Tab" the first calorie free soda. Where everyone is suddenly watching their waistline. Especially here in the states. Well other countries said fuck light beer you pansies. And for the longest time they didn't make it and even when they did it was still stronger than our light beer. Hence why everyone says American beer is piss, it sucks, it's weak. It's because of the invention of light beer that soiled our named. Which was created by an American. Owades was his name. He created it in 1967.

While everything you said it true... I still find it humorous that we have the greatest diversity of beers ever created right this moment, and people are still all "But.... but.... Coors Light!" as if the entirety of our vast beer catalog ceases to exist because a 99 calorie beer does. It's the most backwards way of looking at a rather simple topic.

Like I said, I can go to a theater and have dozens of great beers on tap, and not have the option to get a shitty ass corporate light beer served in anything other than a can. At this very moment the US is basically a beer mecca where you can find pretty much anything type of beer imagined, but people still come back to "but it's water... rofl!" How dense can one be. My local supermarket has probably a hundred beers to pick from. You can even make your own 6 pack from a wall of craft brew choices.

While everything you said it true... I still find it humorous that we have the greatest diversity of beers ever created right this moment, and people are still all "But.... but.... Coors Light!" as if the entirety of our vast beer catalog ceases to exist because a 99 calorie beer does. It's the most backwards way of looking at a rather simple topic.

Like I said, I can go to a theater and have dozens of great beers on tap, and not have the option to get a shitty ass corporate light beer served in anything other than a can.
In the USA we have like a gazillion micro breweries. My local grocery store has an entire aisle dedicated to all the micro brews. It's ridiculous. A lot of these small micro brews are being bought out by the Budweisers and Miller's of the world too. Which that sucks. But people that say American beer sucks. Yeah probably our mainstream beers sure. But we have thousands of others to choose from all over the country. It's nuts.

Personally it depends on what I'm in the mood for. If I want a beer for taste or a beer to get me drunk. Because the more flavorful the beer the more filling it is. I can't have a full course meal and then pound 4 pints of Guinness. It's just way to filling of a beer. I could have 2 pints. But I could fit 6 pints of Coors light.

Well duh. I could have told you that. Rogan no longer does PPV's out of the USA. Also Khabib vs Conor is not happening is Russia. If they go to Russia it will be a fight night not a ppv. The fight will probably happen in November at MSG.
If they took Ronda to Australia they will take Conor to russia

He probably can’t get a visa for Russia.

Americans getting Russian visas is not easy, especially for his record.

And he would need a work visa not a tourist visa there, it’s a pain in the Dick to get a Russian work visa as an American.

Jimmy Smith is better anyway. Rogan has been regressing as a commentator the last few years imo.

Towards the last 20 seconds of the clip, Joe Rogan mentions how he will be in his studio watching it on the tv, drinking American beer.

Says he's not going to Russia... didn't give a reason.

Just hope that one beer and not 4 or 5

In the USA we have like a gazillion micro breweries. My local grocery store has an entire aisle dedicated to all the micro brews. It's ridiculous...

It is ridiculous, and seems like a bubble economy waiting to pop.... But still, anyone saying we don't have anything to offer besides shitty watered down beer clearly doesn't know jack shit about our beer market. We're in a golden age of beer in the US.

The 'watered down' sentiment bothers me less because it's patently false, and more because it's a weak attempt at humor. It's the "so how's the weather" of alcohol talking points. Like if that's all one can add to convo.... just don't do it.

Last edited:
Well duh. I could have told you that. Rogan no longer does PPV's out of the USA. Also Khabib vs Conor is not happening is Russia. If they go to Russia it will be a fight night not a ppv. The fight will probably happen in November at MSG.
No chance it happens in Russia

To many variables, they will do it in a place they know, like you said most likely at MSG, slight chance it will be in Vegas and even slighter it will be in Dublin

Towards the last 20 seconds of the clip, Joe Rogan mentions how he will be in his studio watching it on the tv, drinking American beer.

Says he's not going to Russia... didn't give a reason.

well he doesn't work ppv out of the usa any way so he not work it any way

the biggest reason he not go call it cause IT NEVER HAPPENING. wish the conor blind followers would see that.

his contract expires in July

WXvW5wH.jpg

unless wme wants to cut some costs he been resigning the same 1 year deal the last coupel years to only work usa ppvs

Because he shit all over Khabib in his last performance

Hmm could it be cause of all that bias commentary. He called their star amaturish, I wouldn't want to go their either if I was him They won't forget that.

He has said on his podcast that he doesn't want to do international shows because he wants to balance his life with his family and his comedy.

Is he taking up comedy?

Good for him.

Back