Joe Rogan Learns About RARE Martial Art 'Savate', "Its like if Floyd Mayweather Met Kick Boxing"

FokaiMuayThai

MOO TAI LEGENDARY
@purple
Reaction score
Thought you guys might get a "kick" outta this. Popped up on my youtube feed as one of those Joe Rogan re-hash channel videos.

Thoughts on the fight?

Josh Barnett seems completely educated about the striking arts
<{1-9}>

Dude this is when Dekkers was still knocking out Thais in Thailand!

he once told alex honnold (best solo climber) that for a climber it must be a dream to fall to your death because you'd die doing something you love so much.<cheer>

Well he is a wrestler who apparently has more knowledge of striking than Joe Rogan so i cant hate.

good find with JRE talking to whoever that guy is.

I am going to guess it was effective against dekkers because he was fighting someone using a style he wasnt used to. That being said I think having a muay thai base, but incorporating other things such as tkd, savate, etc is a good idea.

he once told alex honnold (best solo climber) that for a climber it must be a dream to fall to your death because you'd die doing something you love so much.<cheer>

Well he has to somethin. Alex fucking refuses to talk about anything.

"Yea I climb I guess. Its boring. Whatever"

The striking style taught at CSW is called STX ("Savate/Thai/Cross-training" or something like that) so I'm not surprised Barnett is educated about it.

I am also not surprised that Joe Rogan knows almost nothing about a style that exists outside of his BJJ/K1/boxing worldview.

I like Joe Rogan and I like MOST of his JRE with fighters / fight companion but FUCK is he just out of the goddamn loop sometimes.

He's been watching and training in martial arts all his life and sometimes he's just so blind / ignorant of the world of martial arts.

BUT, he is also human and I can't expect a guy who got famous for egging people on in Fear Factor (RIP) to have encyclopedic knowledge

The striking style taught at CSW is called STX ("Savate/Thai/Cross-training" or something like that) so I'm not surprised Barnett is educated about it.

I am also not surprised that Joe Rogan knows almost nothing about a style that exists outside of his BJJ/K1/boxing worldview.

Yeah not like he was a TKD champ or anything

oh wait that doesn't fit your narrative lol

and are we really gonna pretend Rogan had never heard of Savate before this video?

Rogan is a fucking idiot
Why, because he never saw this fight?

I couldn't name a top Savate fighter if my life depended on it. It's about as niche of a sport as it gets.

You probably just responded to the title though, which is misleading because that was Josh Barnett's statement.

I see these threads every once in a while and I always think that Joe Rogan's imperfect knowledge of every martial art style around the world is not at all notable or interesting. Being obsessed with Joe Rogan's lack of expertise in the history of certain martial arts is cringe worthy douche chill territory however.

I can't stand the way this cock sucker redoes these Joe Rogan videos by zooming then in.

I'm sure he could only aspire to reach a level of success and intellect as someone such as yourself...
I'm just waiting for Rogan to get his honorary degree from Caltech or some shit, so I can really flip out. That's what's coming next

Why, because he never saw this fight?

I couldn't name a top Savate fighter if my life depended on it. It's about as niche of a sport as it gets.

You probably just responded to the title though, which is misleading because that was Josh Barnett's statement.
Joe is an idiot

Back