Joe Rogan finally talks about Goldie...

Am i the only one who doesn't completely hate Jon Anik?

he's good. maybe not my first choice ('sup mauro).

I do like him more every time I read someone furiously hating on him like he killed their dog.

Also , Joe didnt adress WHY Goldy got fired. Nor did he give his PERSONAL opinion on the matter

I think Joe knows he's probably next.
I think it's entirely up to him. He's a name. He sort of straddles a lot of worlds well. He doesn't really give a shit. He says he's staying because Dana is staying. I think he quits before he is fired, unless he does something really fucking crazy which gets him fired. But he seems to toe the line just enough to create controversy but not quite get him fired. There's also a double standard with him and the fighters. They get fined/fired for the same shit that Joe does and the UFC ignores it.

Who actually listens to the commentary? Who gives a shit who's talking? When it's a PPV I have people over and lower the volume because everyone is talking anyway. When it's a TV card I half pay attention anyway lol. I like Rogan but he's already half in half out so even if he leaves it no big deal to me. I'm watching UFC for the fights not for who is talking about those fights. I don't need a play by play to understand what I am watching and I'm sure like all of you I call out shit before Rogan does anyway just from watching this sport for so long.

Last edited:
If you listen all the way through Joe says that WME-IMG were also dimissing Nunes, guys in $2000 suits calling Amanda Nunes "Cannon Fodder" backstage and didn't even know her actual name...It seems these guys have no fucking clue.

He also says the things he said in the promos that were used for that fight were taking out of context...like when he said Ronda was "The best ever" was actually recorded before the Betche fight. I think Joe cares less and less and the more these guys excercise their power Joe is going to say his own thing. People have the idea that Joe was a company man. I don't know if that's true, but if you're being paid handsomely then while you have a certain amount of leeway on live Tv then I won't hold it against him.

I think they will part ways, I think it's a matter of time because Rogan is not going to say what they want him to. He also made a fair point that if you buy a house you might want to put in a new sink, replace the staircase etc.

I'll miss Rogan but I think it's a matter of time before they mutually part ways. He'll do the Fight Companions and some of them can be enjoyable.

Well. I have been telling this countless times. WME-IMG is comprised of rich executives that don't have any clue about MMA and they bought UFC through loans. Fertittas should've sold UFC to Tencent Holdings: owners of League of Legends, producer of Warcraft movie and Kong: Skull Island, owners of various IT related companies and they are worth $206 billion. They also don't mess around the companies that they bought as long as it has a net income. $4.2 billion is chump change to these chinese overlords.

UFC is dead in the hands of WME-IMG. Goldberg is just the beginning. Watch as they slowly destroy UFC from the inside out.

C2Q-4nxVIAAmYgE.jpg

LOL, is this for real?

Such an embarassment for Goldie and the UFC.

Sometimes I forget how bush league and amateurs the UFC really is.

I don't want it massively polished and professional - I want a bit of banter and lunacy that Rogan/Goldie had

Jon Anik sucks big league. He's just about the worst replacement possible. Such a turd sandwich.

How on earth is Anik an improvement? Like are we suddenly living in bizarro world?

giphy.gif
He's the only person that could possibly be worse than Goldie.

Take someone who always gets it wrong and replace him with a guy who i'm not even sure is alive.

jon_anik.jpg

Last edited:
I;m just completely indifferent to Anik. Professional but sterile.

Everyone's just gonna love what the new owners turn the UFC into over the next few years. It'll be full contact American Gladiators.

I think Joe knows he's probably next.
I think they extended Joe's contract when they bought the UFC out and he agreed to one year with some stipulations about not commentating on international shows due to the travelling

Back