Joe Rogan: fighters are lucky Lebron plays basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most gifted athlete ... IN THE WORLD? James?

Let him run 90 minutes with Cristiano Ronaldo pace and you'll see your most physically gifted athlete in the world...

Don't get me wrong -he is a hell of an athlete, but most gifted? Not even close.

Would be dope though to see him in a combat sport.

When it comes to athletes -I would love to see someone on a Michael Phelps level of athleticism.
Ah yes running, the only physical attribute...

You're going to get blasted by the uncultured US sherbros for suggesting someone who doesn't play an American sport nor is black as the most gifted athlete.

Yeah... I wish I thought this post through.

It's really too bad we don't have a world cup for basketball where all the countries compete like in world football(soccer).
For some reason I don't see the US winning that. Feels like NBA players are so cartoonishly exaggerated.

As a matter of fact I don't recall the US ever winning a world championship in any team sport, other than them pretending their national titles are "world series" or some bs. can someone verify otherwise?
The Oympics. And the US regularly wins team sports in the olympics. You seriously never heard of the Dream Team?

Other than Canada, the US is also the best at hockey, even though it isn’t that popular here.

He's physically gifted in ways one can only dream of....

Having said that, there is a real possibility he could be a total pussy who is not cut out for fighting.

Look at Brock....

Agreed. Rogan didn't really think about this. Have all the gifts in the world doesn't matter if you can't take a punch.

Totally agree about the athleticism definition. I also never get the moment when someone turns from b level athlete to an a level.

I would not be so sure about James being better overall athlete than Ronaldo.

But - here is something that I learned working around the world with different nations. If you're from US you'll most probably prefer American football and NBA athletes over "Soccer" ones.

Here in Europe we don't really care about basketball. Football (Soccer) is the big thing.

And we always had did discussions which athletes are more athletic.

So let's just maybe agree, James and Cristiano are on another planet compared to MMA fighters. In probably any aspect beside of destroying other faces.
In a decatholon, who do you have between the two?

Rogan wouldn't know an A-Level athlete if he watched his wife get fucked by one.
I looked at the previous post before this and instantly thought you meant rogans wife getting fucked by a kangaroo...

I just can't get the image out of my mind..

The Oympics. And the US regularly wins team sports in the olympics. You seriously never heard of the Dream Team?

Other than Canada, the US is also the best at hockey, even though it isn’t that popular here.

Sweden won the silver at the 2014 Winter Olympics.

people are using Lebron selling fouls to the ref as him not being able to take a hit?? really??

lmao that first gif in the OP was suppose to be a dunk but he's too unathletic to pull it off. Jordan would've done it.

Jordan went for a dunk but was blocked so he flew under the basket and dunked it anyways. I'll find a gif later.

Lebron is not good, he is just big and fit. Imagine if Shaq was actually fit.

Michael Jordan, now that guy is scary. He got speed and explosiveness. Who else dunked from free throw at his size?

giphy.gif

Lebron is bigger but I don't see him shattering glasses with his "monster dunks"
200.gif

Look at that speed

Goat for sure. I'm convinced people who think lebron is better are just too young to have seen prime Jordan

people are using Lebron selling fouls to the ref as him not being able to take a hit?? really??

Competing in a sport where selling fouls is a thing speaks volumes of one's toughness.

Competing in a sport where selling fouls is a thing speaks volumes of one's toughness.

lmao no it doesn't.

its not the bad boys of detroit era anymore.

Lebron sells fouls to win because he is ambitious to be the best and sadly its part of the game today.

he is getting older now, but if a young Lebron went into MMA, he has all the physical gifts

Most elite athletes wouldn’t be good at MMA or boxing.

Most people simply can’t tolerate punches to the face. Athletes are tougher than average, but most of them couldn’t either.

If every NBA or NFL player went into MMA, yes, a number would be championship level.

But there is no single player for whom you could say, he’d be championship level. The attributes required to be a top fighter are too rare.

There are plenty of young guys with good boxing skill, but can’t take a punch. Remember that the top fighters we see are the guys who survived this natural selection - they are the guys with abnormal chins. Even guys known for “glass” chins, probably have decent chins compared to the random male.

Can Lebron take a punch? Does he have a glass jaw? We don’t know.

If you gave me 100 different dudes with Lebron’s athleticism, I’d say a number would be champ level. But you can’t make that claim about Lebron specifically.

100% this. I hate how big % of the so called MMA fans fail to understand this.

He could jump twice as he does right now, and still get turtled up after one punch from lowest tier UFC HW.

Rogan is a fucking idiot, as always.

100% this. I hate how big % of the so called MMA fans fail to understand this.

Matt Mitrone walked into the ultimate fighter with no fucking experience less then 8 years ago? and just knocked out the HW goat this past year lmao

and Matt Mitrione is far from an A-Level athlete on paper

but Lebron has no chance???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back