Joe Rogan: fighters are lucky Lebron plays basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think most shertards actually listen to the interviews posted. They just read the thread title and start commenting lol
Par for the course around here. A bunch of fucking retards that talk shit, while having no idea what they're talking shit about.

There is no single definition for athleticism.

But for sheer playground athleticism, or combine athleticism, I’d say Lebron blows Ronaldo completely out of the water.

Also don’t get confused. Lebron has fucking insane cardio. Probably not Ronaldo level, but still crazy.

Lebron and Bo Jackson are the biggest athletic freaks I’ve ever seen.
It's really too bad we don't have a world cup for basketball where all the countries compete like in world football(soccer).
For some reason I don't see the US winning that. Feels like NBA players are so cartoonishly exaggerated.

As a matter of fact I don't recall the US ever winning a world championship in any team sport, other than them pretending their national titles are "world series" or some bs. can someone verify otherwise?

Would rather see someone like Westbrook doing that...could go for LHW and HW title

I'm pretty happy he plays basketball. I can potentially watch him 82x a year (plus 20 more for his inevitable finals run) instead of twice as a fighter
And while I'm at it. David West would KO mark hunt lol

Most gifted athlete ... IN THE WORLD? James?

Let him run 90 minutes with Cristiano Ronaldo pace and you'll see your most physically gifted athlete in the world...

Don't get me wrong -he is a hell of an athlete, but most gifted? Not even close.

Would be dope though to see him in a combat sport.

When it comes to athletes -I would love to see someone on a Michael Phelps level of athleticism.

jesus , all these guys train sport specifically. Soccer guys do not train like fighters

It's really too bad we don't have a world cup for basketball where all the countries compete like in world football(soccer).
For some reason I don't see the US winning that. Feels like NBA players are so cartoonishly exaggerated.

As a matter of fact I don't recall the US ever winning a world championship in any team sport, other than them pretending their national titles are "world series" or some bs. can someone verify otherwise?

You mean like uhhh the Olympics? Which the US always wins?

pdjvxj.gif

Hogan out of his mind on drugs again.
That's my sex face

Lebron might be a great athlete but he's not a savage like my boy Zaza Pachulia

lmao that first gif in the OP was suppose to be a dunk but he's too unathletic to pull it off. Jordan would've done it.

Jordan went for a dunk but was blocked so he flew under the basket and dunked it anyways. I'll find a gif later.

Lebron is not good, he is just big and fit. Imagine if Shaq was actually fit.

Michael Jordan, now that guy is scary. He got speed and explosiveness. Who else dunked from free throw at his size?

giphy.gif

Lebron is bigger but I don't see him shattering glasses with his "monster dunks"
200.gif

Look at that speed

That's a quote I'd hear from someone who has no idea about mma.

I'd say Rogan makes statements you'd swear came from a 2017 Sherdog account but I don't want to mix some of the members with his random idiocy.

NBA players probably have the best build for mma

True, but they are also notoriously bad fighters.
I coach basketball so I love the game but the people that play it don't typically have the tough guy mindset of fighters. They get bumped a little bit and lay on the ground until someone comes out and tells them they are ok.

Fighters are lucky kangaroos aren't into MMA.

Rogan wouldn't know an A-Level athlete if he watched his wife get fucked by one.

Why is running at a high pace your benchmark for elite athleticism? Athleticism is typically measured kn explosiveness and strength. Very rarely is a sport concerned about an athletes long distance duration. Football and basketball - the two sports that are highly regarded as having the most athletic talent pool, have little regard for stamina. Not to say it doesn't matter, but it's definitely not what defines an athlete.

By whom? While you're obviously not referencing any major study I would suggest that the vast majority of people who would express this viewpoint are American, and that the results would vary significantly depending on geography.

The athletic attributes that matter depend on which athletic realm in which you apply them. It's completely pointless to compare athletes between sports, and even more pointless to create some mythical grading system.

If explosiveness and strength are the most important attributes in ranking athleticism then why would the greatest athletes not be found in weightlifting or track and field events? Or is ball manipulation an unspoken prerequisite as well?

Basketball is probably the best sport for transferance of athleticism into MMA. Football is too explosive and static. Basketball is consistent pace and bursts of explosiveness all the while constantly rhythm changing.

FWIW, Kevin Durant would be like 6'10" with 90" reach at MW. Imagine the leverage on his jits, and the range on the feet.

Fighters are lucky kangaroos aren't into MMA.

Kangaroos are bums who fight in the minor leagues. They need to cross the big salt water and come fight the gorillas in the big league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back