Joe Rogan: fighters are lucky Lebron plays basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the a/c goes out:

Lebron1.gif
Kemp.gif

physically he could do it. but what about mentally? being a fighter isn't just about physicality. if you are not okay with consistently getting hit in the face for a living, no amount of strength or size is going to help.

No. Being able to dunk is the perfect basis for fighting.

physically he could do it. but what about mentally? being a fighter isn't just about physicality. if you are not okay with consistently getting hit in the face for a living, no amount of strength or size is going to help.

Rogan was saying if Lebron starting fighting from the beginning. Not Lebron just jumping in now. It's a "what if he was always a fighter and already had the mentality, how would his physical abilities do" pretend scenario.

would like to see him take on

SNYDER

RandKingsley.jpg

Fighters are lucky Dustin Johnson plays golf.

This statement is equally as stupid.

There is no telling how an athlete from one sport would have performed in another.

Just because Lebron is a freak athlete in one sport, doesn't necessarily mean it will translate well in a different sport ie. MMA.

I am 6' 3'', 250 pounds of muscle and I can dunk in a way Jones couldn't. When I was younger and thinner, I could dunk like crazy. That's some A++ level shit right there.

MMA wishes it had an athlete like me.

I don't think most shertards actually listen to the interviews posted. They just read the thread title and start commenting lol

I think Russell Westbrook would be scarier.

IMO, he may be the best athlete across all sports. He isn't as good at basketball as LeBron is.

Most gifted athlete ... IN THE WORLD? James?

Let him run 90 minutes with Cristiano Ronaldo pace and you'll see your most physically gifted athlete in the world...

Don't get me wrong -he is a hell of an athlete, but most gifted? Not even close.

Would be dope though to see him in a combat sport.

When it comes to athletes -I would love to see someone on a Michael Phelps level of athleticism.
Why is running at a high pace your benchmark for elite athleticism? Athleticism is typically measured kn explosiveness and strength. Very rarely is a sport concerned about an athletes long distance duration. Football and basketball - the two sports that are highly regarded as having the most athletic talent pool, have little regard for stamina. Not to say it doesn't matter, but it's definitely not what defines an athlete.

Rogan was saying if Lebron starting fighting from the beginning. Not Lebron just jumping in now. It's a "what if he was always a fighter and already had the mentality, how would his physical abilities do" pretend scenario.

yeah, i get that. i was meaning that even as a teenager, he would still need the mentality to do it. i'm not sure he has that kind of mindset. but who knows.

Most gifted athlete ... IN THE WORLD? James?

Let him run 90 minutes with Cristiano Ronaldo pace and you'll see your most physically gifted athlete in the world...

Don't get me wrong -he is a hell of an athlete, but most gifted? Not even close.

Would be dope though to see him in a combat sport.

When it comes to athletes -I would love to see someone on a Michael Phelps level of athleticism.

You're going to get blasted by the uncultured US sherbros for suggesting someone who doesn't play an American sport nor is black as the most gifted athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back