Joe Rogan: fighters are lucky Lebron plays basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stefan Struve would murder Lebron. Rogan gets a hard-on for muscular dudes who play sports, end of story. Can Lebron take a punch, Joe? Has he ever taken a punch, Joe? Struve's been skulled for fun by the hardest hitters in MMA. He'd walk right rhough ANYTHING Lebron has to offer and make him his bitch. Dude plays basketball, coz he's great at basketball.

Both of you are complete fuckwits. LeBron had a 17 size shoe underneath his heel where he was landing. That caused the trip. Let LeBron plant his fucking feet, shove someone in the back while putting his sneakers underneath where they are landing. Then watch the results. By the way, they don't have sneakers in MMA.
C'mon dum dum... you know that's a flop.

That is garbage, for all we know he could hit like an absolute girl and have a glass jaw. Just because he is a incredible athlete doesn't entirely translate to fighting. People take to different sports. Look at all the NFL rejects on the TUF 10 cast, Marcus Jones actually had a good NFL career, solid athlete and some pretty solid experience in grappling before transitioning to MMA but was not cut out for fighting.

Hew da fook is dat guy?

Marcus Jones, 'Big Baby', I believe. from TUF 10. Former American footballer. Absolutely cracking bloke, from what I remember from TUF 10 - Proper big softy, lovely guy, and some decent skills but not a natural fighter, hence Mitrione broke him in half at the finale.

Both of you are complete fuckwits. LeBron had a 17 size shoe underneath his heel where he was landing. That caused the trip. Let LeBron plant his fucking feet, shove someone in the back while putting his sneakers underneath where they are landing. Then watch the results. By the way, they don't have sneakers in MMA.

Sounds weak to judo.

Karo round 2 TKO

I'm not talking about kicking. Ball-handling, be it soccer or basketball, is a precision skill. No 7' footer made it to the NBA after a late start by being a ball handler.

The reason nobody with LeBron's attributes ever took up being a goalie at 17 and made it to the Premiere League is because nobody with those attributes would ever choose soccer. Period.

Soccer is for manlets.

If ball handling were so important the average height of basketball players wouldnt be 6'7. That's simple logic, how the fcuk are you not getting this?!? The NBA would be littered with players 5'6, 5'8, 6'7, 6'1, 5'10 like soccer & other sports are, where 'skill' is the PRIMARY skill. US Sports just seem like genetic breeding grounds where the main thing is how big you are. Recently, a British Olympic hammer thrower joined an NFL team & admitted he'd never even WATCHED a game, let alone played. Lmao, fucking joke.

NBA players are crazily well-paid but soccer players are too & there's 100x times more of them making crazy money. Just Manchester City alone will have a dozen players making at least $1M per month & another dozen making half a million. The top 10 Gk's in the World will earn crazy money but obviously not Messi money.

He would be like the reem, great as the hammer would fold as the nail.

Baseball players are the best. Stipe, former baseball player. Michael Jordan, sucked at baseball. Deion Sanders, 2 Super Bowls, 0 World Series. Baseball is at the top of the pyramid.
Hitting a baseball is probably the hardest thing to do in sports. The hand eye coordination needed to hit a fastball is ridiculous

Last edited:
Yes because soccer players who collapse when someone brushes against them would fare well in MMA.

Is he not the only athlete to compete in an MLB and NFL game in the same day?

Dude is in the GOAT athletes conversation.

Hitting a baseball is probably the hardest thing to do in sports. The hand eye coordinatornation needed to hit a fastball is ridiculous

Golf and baseball are arguably the most difficult sports out there IMO

Golf and baseball are arguably the most difficult sports out there IMO
Damn I forgot about golf lol, I've been playing for 3 years now and Jesus Christ it's unbelievable what the pga tour guys do. They make it look so easy

If ball handling were so important the average height of basketball players wouldnt be 6'7. That's simple logic, how the fcuk are you not getting this?!? The NBA would be littered with players 5'6, 5'8, 6'7, 6'1, 5'10 like soccer & other sports are, where 'skill' is the PRIMARY skill. US Sports just seem like genetic breeding grounds where the main thing is how big you are. Recently, a British Olympic hammer thrower joined an NFL team & admitted he'd never even WATCHED a game, let alone played. Lmao, fucking joke.

NBA players are crazily well-paid but soccer players are too & there's 100x times more of them making crazy money. Just Manchester City alone will have a dozen players making at least $1M per month & another dozen making half a million. The top 10 Gk's in the World will earn crazy money but obviously not Messi money.

So Ronaldo is a better athlete than LeBron?

If the NBA didn't have a salary cap, LeBron dould get 75 million a year.

Soccer is for manlets.

"Skill is the primary skill."

Skill(in and of itself)=/=athleticism. What the fuck are YOU not getting?

Any player 6'2" or under in the NBA (and there are many) is 10x the athlete of ANY soccer player.

Kicking is for girls.

Last edited:
Is he not the only athlete to compete in an MLB and NFL game in the same day?

Dude is in the GOAT athletes conversation.

He legitimately has a claim as best athlete ever. He was also All-State in HS basketball (possibly All-American).

Allen Iverson, at 6 fret tall, was the top basketball AND football player in the country his senior year.

Stefan Struve would murder Lebron. Rogan gets a hard-on for muscular dudes who play sports, end of story. Can Lebron take a punch, Joe? Has he ever taken a punch, Joe? Struve's been skulled for fun by the hardest hitters in MMA. He'd walk right rhough ANYTHING Lebron has to offer and make him his bitch. Dude plays basketball, coz he's great at basketball.

Guys Struve's size who have even a modicum of athletic ability are at least earning 6 figures playing Euro ball, most are in the NBA. They certainly aren't getting CTE for 16/16.

2 guys similarly sized (Bron and Struve) undergo the same training from the same age, the one who's an infinitely better athlete will have more success.

Struve doesn't exactly take a punch very well either, btw.

Damn I forgot about golf lol, I've been playing for 3 years now and Jesus Christ it's unbelievable what the pga tour guys do. They make it look so easy

It doesn't look like much from a spectating standpoint but it's unbelievable what they're able to do.

He legitimately has a claim as best athlete ever. He was also All-State in HS basketball (possibly All-American).

Allen Iverson, at 6 fret tall, was the top basketball AND football player in the country his senior year.

Agreed.

I've seen Iversons football highlights. His HS tape is ridiculous. Crazy good QB.

We need a thread for all the stupid shit Rogan comes off with so we have it in one place

Max is the GOAT at Fw

Rhonda can walk on water (with tears in his eyes)

Some basketballer beats MMA fighters

Blah blah, don’t take the man seriously any more

I'm sorry but where do you get this stuff from? The best fighters today are the guys who impose their will the best not the guys who can take a punch the best (that is a key quality though). How can I say this? A decade of mma training, coaching, and fighter recruitment for a top ten mma company.
Top trait I look for....... ATHLETICISM. MMA is just like any other sport where being more athletic than the other guy is important, the difference being the kind of specific athleticism required.

Bullshit. Skill trumps athleticism. It always has it always will.

The only exception would be a super skilled athlete, but how many of them exist? GSP is the best skilled A-level athlete with world class skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back