Joe Rogan exposing "Elsagate." Any y'all know what this is?

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
I totally agree with Rogan here...

This is some really bizarre shit: Something strange is happening on Youtube #ElsaGate

It's a lengthy explanation. Subversion of reality through shock art essentially.

That is, of course, the high-minded side of it. The other side is that you get MILLIONS of views by exploiting the way YouTube reads things. So you get high-minded 4chan style subverters of society + "Hey guy, you wanna run this channel cuz you'll definitely make money?" and boom... you got yourself a weird phenomenon.

I've seen people try to turn this into an MK Ultra level government deep-state fuckaroo. But in the end it's a sub culture that is subverting a platform strategically... that has now grown into a full phenomenon.

There was a thread in Mayberry about it the other day, and I got sucked into the links provided for 2 hours. Had to stop cause it was getting really fucking creepy, some of the live action videos I saw just left me with a really bad feeling.

{<doc}

It's a lengthy explanation. Subversion of reality through shock art essentially.

That is, of course, the high-minded side of it. The other side is that you get MILLIONS of views by exploiting the way YouTube reads things. So you get high-minded 4chan style subverters of society + "Hey guy, you wanna run this channel cuz you'll definitely make money?" and boom... you got yourself a weird phenomenon.

I've seen people try to turn this into an MK Ultra level government deep-state fuckaroo. But in the end it's a sub culture that is subverting a platform strategically... that has now grown into a full phenomenon.

Hm.

Interesting.

I dont know if that is bad or benign.

I do know kids shouldn't be seeing this kind of stuff though.

Subversion of reality through shock art essentially.
Explain this please.

Huh? Exploiting youtube? How are you explaining the views and how much can they make and why is it marketed towards children?

Dump worthy at first sentence.
Idiot.png

Explain this please.

Huh? Exploiting youtube? How are you explaining the views and how much can they make and why is it marketed towards children?

Just look up Project Mayhem 2012, which then turned to PM2020. There was a Nobel Prize contender artist who was involved with panic art (named after Pan, not after actual panicking) who was a huge fan of this type of phenomenon of subversion of culture.

They exploit the YouTube algorithm via key-term word soups and thumbnails/titles/descriptions that help the videos fit into childrens video playlists and auto-play lineups. That's how the numbers are being inflated. Ever seen a parent turn on YouTube for a kid and focus on cooking etc.? 20 mins in the algorithm leads the kid down a path without volition. These videos expertly found their way into it.

And why? Because children don't usually skip videos or commercials. They wait and watch. Higher watch time + embedded in the algorithm = mucho views. The kids aren't going to articulate the difference between a standard spiderman video and the subversive one. If the parent isn't watching it just goes by undetected along with the 40 other 3min clips the kid watched.

Just look up Project Mayhem 2012, which then turned to PM2020. There was a Nobel Prize contender artist who was involved with panic art (named after Pan, not after actual panicking) who was a huge fan of this type of phenomenon of subversion of culture.

They exploit the YouTube algorithm via key-term word soups and thumbnails/titles/descriptions that help the videos fit into childrens video playlists and auto-play lineups. That's how the numbers are being inflated. Ever seen a parent turn on YouTube for a kid and focus on cooking etc.? 20 mins in the algorithm leads the kid down a path without volition. These videos expertly found their way into it.

And why? Because children don't usually skip videos or commercials. They wait and watch. Higher watch time + embedded in the algorithm = mucho views. The kids aren't going to articulate the difference between a standard spiderman video and the subversive one. If the parent isn't watching it just goes by undetected along with the 40 other 3min clips the kid watched.
Thank-you. Who owns these channels? Who is making these videos? Why does youtube allow it?

Exactly. MK Ultra is much more sophisticated than these Ren And Stimpy wannabe art projects modified for youtube. I wouldn't be surprised at all if JRE was duped or has an interest in promoting 4chan trolling.

Thank-you. Who owns these channels? Who is making these videos? Why does youtube allow it?

The first part I definitely do not know. I'd assume the owners are scattered all throughout the globe.

The second part: YouTube is highly automated, and phenomenon like this is clearly cut/paste from a source unknown. So it can pop up over and over without much trouble. So you can't really stop it without people seriously combing through finding these iterations.

Automation can be great, but exploitation like this will always be part of it.

ZaqadWXl.jpg

http://investmentwatchblog.com/joe-...e-hits-the-front-page-on-the-times-in-the-uk/

The first part I definitely do not know. I'd assume the owners are scattered all throughout the globe.

The second part: YouTube is highly automated, and phenomenon like this is clearly cut/paste from a source unknown. So it can pop up over and over without much trouble. So you can't really stop it without people seriously combing through finding these iterations.

Automation can be great, but exploitation like this will always be part of it.
So, youtube does not know who the owners are?

So, youtube does not know who the owners are?

I wouldn't know. It wouldn't be too hard to create a shell corp to receive the money. If you shut down the money flow, they'll just create a new account somewhere.

YouTube is clearly already in the process of fixing this.... but it's a sticky situation because they need it to be automated, and that's no easy task. The fact SO many channels are already being demonetized for no good reason means there's a lot of pushback for restrictions. Yet at the same time you need to attempt to stop these types of channels being pushed to children.

There's a whole other problem of it being satire. So the problem becomes "Well YouTube, we're just making these videos. It's your algorithm that's allowing them to fall into the kids category". I mean, what you're going to start restricting satire? Dangerous precedent.

As long as they are demonetizing that dangerous lunatic Peterson then we can all sleep easy.

Back