Joe Rogan claims MMA would be better bare fist.

Tuco1.jpg

The thing is. You actually punch harder WITH the gloves. When your wrists and hands are wrapped and gloved. They are much better at smashing shit without injury. In Bare knuckle. You have to gauge how hard you hit or else you'll shatter your hand on a dudes forehead. No gloves would definitely make it more grappling centric. Who wants to go through life with mangled hands after breaking them so many times?
Is that 'the thing'?

Did you read a single reply to this post before replying yourself? That's literally what people have been discussing for 4 pages now. Read more, post less.

More hand breaks, more fights being stopped due to cuts and less punches thrown... Fk that I'm good.

http://fightstarmma.com/joe-rogan-wants-no-gloves-in-mma/

I really think this guy has smoked his way into insanity, some of the things he says are just seriously out there.

Rogan will always push for things that are more beneficial to Jiu Jitsu than striking.

Removing the gloves is going to make fighters thing twice before putting full power into that punch, and it makes it easier to sneak in that hand under someone's throat.

Next thing you know Rogan will advocate using gis.

anyone who says fighters would pick their shots more carefully if there werent any gloves, go watch some 90's wanderlei silva bareknuclke fights...

Wandy isn't most fighters though. This is Wandy you're talking about.

Rogan has a point.

People would be much more picky with the punches they throw if it was bare knuckle, and everyone would need to have decent boxing form so that they hands won't break.

No more teeing off on foreheads, you would have to make sure you hit the jaw/nose every time.

It could also work to reduce brain damage because people wouldn't be able to tee off on each other carelessly as much, they would always be worried about breaking their wrist/hand.

For anyone who has put MMA gloves on, you would know that its basically like being hit bare knuckle. You can feel the knuckles through the glove almost as if they weren't covered. Absolutely no protection for the person you're hitting, only protection for your wrist/hand so that you don't break it and can hit as hard/careless as you want.

This is what I was thinking. It would help grappling as well.

I was confused when I saw all the people condescending to him about this on the first page, he actually makes some good points. I'm guessing a lot of those people just wanted an excuse to shit on him but didn't think it through.

I can't wait to see what nonsense Rogan will crap out once he no longer works for teh UFC.

Rogan will always push for things that are more beneficial to Jiu Jitsu than striking.

Removing the gloves is going to make fighters thing twice before putting full power into that punch, and it makes it easier to sneak in that hand under someone's throat.

Next thing you know Rogan will advocate using gis.

Taking the gloves away makes it closer to a real fight, and would protect a lot of brain cells. Having to wear a bath robe would do none of that. I don't understand how you came up with that comparison.

Joe also used to say the moon landing was a hoax. It would also be better with knives and hatchets but c'mon.

Yeah fighters breaking their hands 1 round into fights, year long layoffs after each fight due to hand injuries, less ko's, less exciting fights with fewer strikes thrown, more fights stopped due to cuts and careers that are on average 5 years shorter due to hand issues........sounds terrific, how can this go wrong

No gloves, means no taped hands. No taped hands means a multitude of broken hands, guys on the shelf for longer time because of broken hands all the time, and possibly even early retirements from multiple hand injuries. Not to mention it'll create an image i'm sure nay sayers would latch onto. Best to keep them I think.

Yeah I didn't really understand his point ether I guess he was saying that fighters would have to pick their shots very carefully in order to avoid hand breaks.

Doesn't really make much sense to me the sport would definitely change a bit forsure though. Also this still does nothing for the eye poke situation.

No gloves and small joint breaks allowed. Problem solved. lol

One of the famous ancient pankration fighters was famous for winning by breaking his opponent's fingers.

Krav maga becomes most popular base. Opponent submitted by ball crush from side control. lol

Last edited:
anyone who says fighters would pick their shots more carefully if there werent any gloves, go watch some 90's wanderlei silva bareknuclke fights...

Their choice I guess...haha

A lot of the punches you see are bs and can't safely be done without gloves. That annoys me that they decided to make it a sport instead of martial arts.

That way it's harder to end fights, more stalemates = more need of conditioning, athletic training.

Body shots hurt a hell of a lot more too bare knuckle, more missing teeth and broken noses probably.

There would be more fighters and less athletes. I'm all for it.

Last edited:

Wandy was a rare breed.

Homeboy threw caution to the wind and went out there for the kill every fucking time.

We were blessed to have him.

Back