Joe Rogan - "chris weidman is without a doubt anderson silva's toughest opponent"

rogan is hyping it, though we have yet to see tom

I don't know I'd he's the toughest.

But I do know that Joe Rogan wants you to buy the PPV.

Rogan has said the exact same thing for every other person he has fought. He even said that Cote was the best striker he ever fought. Its laughable.

It seems like all Rogan does anymore is try to start false hype. He seems knowledgeable, but it just seems like he's sold out now.

You silly bitches, Joe knows what he is talking about! He's on the ALPHA-BRAIN son! Mind bending psychotropics combined with sensory deprivation tanks and dank ganja, it's SICK!

This made me lol hard

The fights have to be hyped up to generate as much revenue/interest as possible, i don't know why everyone takes these comments seriously. It's good for business. Calm down.

They've been in super hype mode for this fight, probably because Weidman doesn't have the biggest profile. They have to convince people he's dangerous to Silva to get them to buy the fight.

Weidman beats everyone of those dudes. Every single one

Why would you capitalize Bonnar? Of all the guys on that list, Silva's win over Bonnar is among the least impressive in terms of skill. Truth be told, Weidman is probably one of his more skilled challengers.

Andy by (T)KO btw.

I don't agree with Vitor and Hendo but the rest yes, definitely.

Rogan feeding the hype machine...

He's for sure the youngest he's fought in a while. Maybe some youthful confidence from a man who's never been beat is what it will take.

dan henderson and vitor... maybe rich the first time. but yeah weidman is the toughest as of late. he's no maia, leites, cote, bonnar, griffin. he's got the wrestling AND JJ son! plus his striking has shown to be lethal enough for his opponents.

is this guy serious?.. Its starting to get old having all these guys come outve the woodwork saying chris weidman is the most amazing thing since sliced bread, and now joe rogan on his balls like white on rice saying hes the toughest test for anderson???

so does anybody really think outve : (capitalized = VASTLY better than weidman)

yushin okami
RICH FRANKLIN x2
nate marquardt
james irvin
FORREST GRIFFIN
STEPHAN BONNAR
DAN HENDERSON
patrick cote
CHAEL SONNEN
VITOR BELFORT

that chris weidman, the guy who beat superfat munoz and decisioned maia is the toughest one yet?? the one who will end the reign??

i need some of what joe rogan/ ufc / sherdoggers are smokin

anderson embarrasses weidman KO/TKO 1st or 2nd round

What you smokin' son? Bonnar and Griffin are not "vastly better". Okami, Cote, Irvin? The thing is, Weidman has never lost and hasn't fought many of AS' past opponents, so we don't have a real idea of how far he can go, or how good he actually is. But i think he has looked impressive so far.
I get your point though, it is a nothing but hype to say he is AS' toughest fight to date. I think the matchup is very exciting anyways given Weidman's streak, relatively short ufc carreer and wrestling ability. Nobody thought Jon Jones was the toughest matchup to date for Shogun when they first fought, so you never know. I still think and hope Anderson takes it, but i'm much more excited for this fight than for previous Anderson title defenses.

Rogan is so far up Dana's *** it isnt even funny.....

Did he also say "THIS IS THE BEST VERSION OF CHRIS WEIDMAN EVER!!!"

Weidman's resume against Top 10 opponents is a drunken bar brawl at 3am against K-1 Maia and a TKO finish against an obviously injured Mark Munoz

Anderson will win this bout with ease and throw in some clowning just to piss off Dana

Rogan has said the exact same thing for every other person he has fought. He even said that Cote was the best striker he ever fought. Its laughable.

It's laughable that you would expect him to say anything else. If you were promoting a fight would you get on TV and say "Anderson Silva is going to make a joke out of his opponent, this will be an incredibly lopsided fight." That would be stupid, he has to make the fight sound interesting.

It was ridiculous when he said it about cote/leites and a few others.

Weidman is a legit contender, Sonnen was a bigger threat in my opinion.

Rogan feeding the hype machine...

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM.

I really thought Joe would be spared from participating in this. He's a respected enough MMA thinker for people to start thinking twice about picking Anderson. I just feel like I can see the matrix and everyone is trapped among the spider-web of promotional marketing.

But maybe I'M the crazy one, here.

Yeah, Stephan Bonnar is vastly better than Weidman. As is Sonnen. :rolleyes:

Back