Joe Rogan - "chris weidman is without a doubt anderson silva's toughest opponent"

Wiedman could be SIlvas toughest opponent and that is correct since he has the style and skillsset to beat SIlva.

In terms of skill set and style Weidman is indeed Silvas toughest opponent on paper. He is the best fighter Silva will have faced on paper.

That honor goes to Hendo, and it isn't close. The man was an Olympian and the first and only man to hold titles in different divisions at the same time, including one at a higher weightclass than Anderson's.

Chris' grappling credentials are impressive but they're nothing compared to making the Olympic wrestling team.

It's crazy to say that when Silva has fought the who's who of MW division. I'll give you one name. Dan Henderson.

I don't know about Bonnar being the better fighter, but if CW fought Bonnar I don't see either being finished.

It's hype, and if Weidman gets KTFO then he becomes a can

I'd be a little confused if Joe didn't say this, he does this every fight.

I'm pretty sure he said things about the Bonnar fight similar to "the perfect storm".

is this guy serious?.. Its starting to get old having all these guys come outve the woodwork saying chris weidman is the most amazing thing since sliced bread, and now joe rogan on his balls like white on rice saying hes the toughest test for anderson???

so does anybody really think outve : (capitalized = VASTLY better than weidman)

yushin okami
RICH FRANKLIN x2
nate marquardt
james irvin
FORREST GRIFFIN
STEPHAN BONNAR
DAN HENDERSON
patrick cote
CHAEL SONNEN
VITOR BELFORT

that chris weidman, the guy who beat superfat munoz and decisioned maia is the toughest one yet?? the one who will end the reign??

i need some of what joe rogan/ ufc / sherdoggers are smokin

anderson embarrasses weidman KO/TKO 1st or 2nd round

2956993_o.gif

Daiju Takase record 10 wins, 13 losses, he beat Anderson Silva. nuff said.

Stylistically Weidman does have skill set but I believe Vitrt Belfort has the best chance imo

He's not being honest, or he has a short memory. He said the same thing about Leites, Maia, Vitor, Hendo and Sonnen.

"if you look at the blueprint to beat a guy like Anderson, a guy with faster hands/better wrestling/better grappling is it" - Rogan on multiple Silva opponents.

He's not being honest, or he has a short memory. He said the same thing about Leites, Maia, Vitor, Hendo and Sonnen.

"if you look at the blueprint to beat a guy like Anderson, a guy with faster hands/better wrestling/better grappling is it" - Rogan on multiple Silva opponents.

I very clearly remember him saying

"If you wanted to build the perfect fighter to defeat a guy like Anderson Silva, it would be a guy like Vitor Belfort."

I very clearly remember him saying

"If you wanted to build the perfect fighter to defeat a guy like Anderson Silva, it would be a guy like Vitor Belfort."

Haha, yep, it's funny in hindsight. And praising Sonnen was just one fight before Vitor :)

They all are the toughest opponent. They need to say stuff like that before a title fight.

I agree that all of this talk of Weidman is really disrespectful to Anderson who has be dominant in the division for a long time. Here comes a guy with nine fights and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. I think they're just hyping up the fight and pay-per-view with all of this talk. I would love Anderson to make easy work of Weidman and to see what will be said afterwards. Weidman will not be a champion. If he somehow beats Anderson, there will be an immediate rematch and there's no way Anderson loses twice to anyone. Chances are Weidman loses and gets thrown back into the middleweight mix and I'm sure other fighters will eat him up.

Joe rogan is getting dumber i mean if you meet a lot of dumb people you will get dumb. I don't blame him, they have created this idea in his head somehow.

what do you expect him to say? "he is not Belfort or Henderson, but he is a dangerous fighter"? they have to sell the fight and all that

Dude, if you can't tell the difference between Rogan's Promo talk and his honest talk then your a dummy. It's not that hard. When he's hyping up Anderson's next lunch meat as the lone chance to beat such a dominant champion, he is doing his job for the promotion.

is this guy serious?.. Its starting to get old having all these guys come outve the woodwork saying chris weidman is the most amazing thing since sliced bread, and now joe rogan on his balls like white on rice saying hes the toughest test for anderson???

so does anybody really think outve : (capitalized = VASTLY better than weidman)

yushin okami
RICH FRANKLIN x2
nate marquardt
james irvin
FORREST GRIFFIN
STEPHAN BONNAR
DAN HENDERSON
patrick cote
CHAEL SONNEN
VITOR BELFORT

that chris weidman, the guy who beat superfat munoz and decisioned maia is the toughest one yet?? the one who will end the reign??

i need some of what joe rogan/ ufc / sherdoggers are smokin

anderson embarrasses weidman KO/TKO 1st or 2nd round

Stephan Bonnar is vastly superior to Weidman? The guy that was a 7 to 1 underdog? Franklin had nothing for Silva since he can't take him down and gets smashed standing. Dan Henderson couldn't take Silva down and couldn't stand with him. Same with Griffin. Sonnen? About the same wrestling with worse submission skills. Vitor? Can't really stand with Silva.

Now he's facing Weidman, a wrestler with great submission skills. A real threat. So Rogan is right, once again. That's why the odds are quite tight.*

Also, this:

Dude, if you can't tell the difference between Rogan's Promo talk and his honest talk then your a dummy. It's not that hard. When he's hyping up Anderson's next lunch meat as the lone chance to beat such a dominant champion, he is doing his job for the promotion.

I agree that all of this talk of Weidman is really disrespectful to Anderson who has be dominant in the division for a long time.

Seriously? It's disrespectful to positively talk about the credentials or skill of Anderon Silva's opponents now? Move over Jesus, I guess.

Some of you people. I just don't even know anymore.

It's part of Rogan's job, to overhype the fight as much as possible and boost the ratings. You can't really blame him for it because it's what he's paid to do. He will always have something great to say about every contender, never says anything bad to pre-hype the fight.

This is nothing new and of course everyone will believe Rogan, everything he says.

Back