Joe Rogan "chemically" hypocrite

Rogan and his "fans" are drug-brain-fried morons.

He folds immediately to anyone's opinons on his podcast that are more alpha (5'7 and above) than himself and thinks that the weed he constantly smokes has made him unique.

He shits on anyone that is on antidepressants or anti anxiety meds because they alter your state of mind chemically but constantly smokes weed to not be in his own natural state of mind - chemically.

What happens when trying to get uppity with an Alpha.
giphy.gif

Beta and Alpha back in the day.
rogan-coleman.jpg

32Rngc4.png

Well, I could cite you cases in which I know it has helped the patient tremendously. It is important to remember than one's personal experience can't be used as a marker for the field as a whole. At the end of the day, you've only seen a minuscule fraction of the cases, for a miniscule fraction of the symptoms and medications.

I also agree that sometimes, often, medication is sought or prescribed as an 'easy way out', because of slothfulness from the doctor or the despair-negligence of the patient. Sometimes, also often, it is sought and diagnosed in the correct instances, with reasonable motivations and with good results.

you're right that I can't just blanket term the whole field, and I don't intend to. Like I said theres a ton of examples where it can do a lot of good. But if I see something 100 times and 99 of those times its a shitshow, It's reasonable to infer that w/e that is might not be a solution. Theres a place for everything ofc, and in my experience low dosages combined with other things can really make a big impact. I wouldnt argue that it doesn't have it's place and I even stated that in certain scenarios it does. I'd only argue that the vast majority of people probably don't need it. Obviously people who are total fucking messes need whatever help they can get but AD, stimulants like adderall, and opoids are wildly over prescribed in general. Granted I suppose I was blessed with mental fortitude, but no chemical ever improved my existence the way lifestyle change did.

I think society as a whole, or even just human nature has a whole instant-gratification kick. People want to lose weight but they don't want to sacrifice and diet and exercise. People want to be rich but they don't want to put the work in to achieve things, people want to dream but they don't want to set a goal, people want to be happy but they don't want to take responsibility for why they're unhappy. Everyone wants the easy fix for shit, which is typically pills. Theres plenty of situations that can be improved with AD's but all in all I'll never believe that adopting a chemical dependence is a solution to a problem. (Barring sever mental illness like schizophrenia ect in which case youre just fucked lol)

Last edited:

He folds immediately to anyone's opinons on his podcast that are more alpha (5'7 and above) than himself and thinks that the weed he constantly smokes has made him unique.

He shits on anyone that is on antidepressants or anti anxiety meds because they alter your state of mind chemically but constantly smokes weed to not be in his own natural state of mind - chemically.

Damn dude. You act like he fucked your girl or somthin.

He's a fraud who sells brain pills to geeks with no gains and no confidence.

Also I suspect he's a shitty black belt, wonder why he never wanted to do an EBI against cm punk or some such as a solid for his buddy Eddie?

For a guy who talks about Bjj he seems to never roll even 10 years ago.

I've wondered that too.

So

I love how he constantly shits on his fans without even realising. He seems to believe smart people listen to him.

The problem is you're oversimplifying. Mental disorder, as well as the kinds and uses of anti-depressants is hugely varied. There is a lot of malpractice in prescription and in abuse, and often a lot of risk and ignorance behind diagnosis. I agree that there should be more stringent regulations and disclosure of risk. Psychiatry is still a relatively rudimentary enterprise. But one has to take it on a case by case scenario. Simply saying anti-depressants are bad is moronic. A lot of people benefit and are even saved by them. Some people cannot literally be sane without them.

Oh, and yeah, Rogan is a complete bozo.

Actually, this is false. This is only true for the western approach which uses the biomedical model for treatment. In fact, depression is caused by culture more than chemical imbalance. This is illustrated in the difference between DSM and ICD. No one is born with depression, so if no one can't be sane without them is probably due to another disorder.

I like Rogan. He can be cringy at times but also send out positive message like "be the hero" which is actually a proactive approach to combat and prevent depression if you think about it.

I think you may have a severe comprehension problem.

Joe regularly defends the use of anti depressants, as many of his friends have benefited off of them.

Take Rogaine for what he is.

A incompetent comedian who got lucky getting friends with DFW.

It is not difficult to be curious when you are as intelligent and open minded as he is. He is not that intelligent or open minded, mind you. Way less than he thinks he is. But he is certainly a lot smarter than your average Joe. :)
I know what you are saying . I should add that I am 46, and I have noticedmy abilityto take onnew ideas or even listen has diminished a lot. It is not something I want to happen but part of getting older . But also I have become a lot less critical of people . Smart or not, Joe is winning at life big-time

He is entertaining... also learn to take the good with the bad and separate the mambo jumbo we all have it and he sure as shit has it.. at the amount of talk he does be sure he will say some silly shit.

NOT SURE WHY ITS TAKEN ME THIS LONG TO REALIZE-

almost always logical,

youre consistently 1 of the best posters on this forum.

TS is on antidepressants.

... refrains from insulting him as to not induce suicidal thoughts.

People get depressed because they have to share a world with you. I'm getting depressed right now thinking about the fact that we both breathe the same air.

I like the older ones as well. Redban was annoying at times, but I still enjoyed them.

I've always been fascinated by guys like victor, Memo heredia and Patrick Arnold, guys who helped push human performance to its limits. The drug protocols and the science behind it I find very interesting. Wish they would have talked more about that when he was on.

Mike was a good guy. Had some good conversations with him.

I found his comments on 9-11 interesting so read his book, Crossing the rubicon. Took me a while but was worth it, gives a totally different context to the event. I wish he was still around in these times and wonder what he would have made of the craziness of the trump administration. Was really sad when he passed, we needed people like him.

I found his comments on 9-11 interesting so read his book, Crossing the rubicon. Took me a while but was worth it, gives a totally different context to the event. I wish he was still around in these times and wonder what he would have made of the craziness of the trump administration. Was really sad when he passed, we needed people like him.

Agree 100%

Back