Joe Rogan "chemically" hypocrite

Joe Rogan has that kind of ingratiating non-committal personality, you can see him side with opposing views on a topic depending on the guest.

Then stop listening to him, it's that easy. He's just a guy who speaks on a mic for 6+ hours a week. You don't have to put that much weight on everything he says.

It's a lot of fun to try to expose perceived idiocy, even if one knows one won't get a response from the addressee. Most debates are like that. People like to argue against what they disagree strongly about, for good or bad reasons.

It is so easy to criticise the reason I admire Joe , is his energy and stamina , listening to someone talk for 2 1/2 hours every day without getting bored or burnt out is an amazing achievement when you look at his age . In many ways we are benefiting from his testosterone use . His interview style is great because he let guests flow.

Joe Rogan has that kind of ingratiating non-committal personality, you can see him side with opposing views on a topic depending on the guest.

That's actually a really insightful way to characterize him. I agree.

I also find he is not always evenly informed on both sides of the issue, if any of them at all. One might think that is ok, since he listens charitably and doesn't seem too dogmatic. But he gets stubborn and pretends to know things he doesn't when he is with someone who can't tell he is full of hot air. I don't like that intellectual dishonesty.

You sound depressed and frustrated.

It is so easy to criticise the reason I admire Joe , is his energy and stamina , listening to someone talk for 2 1/2 hours every day without getting bored or burnt out is an amazing achievement when you look at his age . In many ways we are benefiting from his testosterone use . His interview style is great because he let guests flow.

It is not difficult to be curious when you are as intelligent and open minded as he is. He is not that intelligent or open minded, mind you. Way less than he thinks he is. But he is certainly a lot smarter than your average Joe. :)

Last edited:
he epitomises american pundetry/commentary...
finds a way to always call something the greatest whilst not having a clue what hes on about and shouting constantly.

I think Rogan is a dick so I never watch his podcast, it's really that easy.

TS is on antidepressants.

... refrains from insulting him as to not induce suicidal thoughts.

The problem is you're oversimplifying. Mental disorder, as well as the kinds and uses of anti-depressants is hugely varied. There is a lot of malpractice in prescription and in abuse, and often a lot of risk and ignorance behind diagnosis. I agree that there should be more stringent regulations and disclosure of risk. Psychiatry is still a relatively rudimentary enterprise. But one has to take it on a case by case scenario. Simply saying anti-depressants are bad is moronic. A lot of people benefit and are even saved by them. Some people cannot literally be sane without them.

Oh, and yeah, Rogan is a complete bozo.

Yeah I see what you're saying and I can appreciate that, I've just never seen one instance where it was a solution to the problem, It's a bandaid fix at best for self wallowing people who'd rather have a pill they can pop than face their issues and fix them. Just from my extensive experience. My lady a neuroscientist too who does mad work with AD and she's the first one to call em out on their bullshit. If I cared enough I'd try and get some scientific data to support my opinion but I dont lol.

Certain people with MAAAAD mental illness really need em to survive and it's simple as that, but for everyone else who just has problems they need to work out its a total shit show. Anytime you're trying to chemically alter the brain you're gonna run into problems science isn't definite it's just the best course we have via trial and error and chemical synthesis. For some people it's absolutely needed I'd agree, but for a lot of people it just ends up a crutch and subsequently chemical dependence. They're chronically over prescribed to teens as well and in every case I've ever seen it damn near ruins their life. Seen a lot of suicides in people close to me cuz the doc chose to dope em up to the eyeballs on chemicals rather than acknowledge puberty a tumultuous time for a human being lol.

Fuck y'all. Rogan is my life coach along with schaub and callan

Yeah I see what you're saying and I can appreciate that, I've just never seen one instance where it was a solution to the problem, It's a bandaid fix at best for self wallowing people who'd rather have a pill they can pop than face their issues and fix them. Just from my extensive experience. My lady a neuroscientist too who does mad work with AD and she's the first one to call em out on their bullshit. If I cared enough I'd try and get some scientific data to support my opinion but I dont lol.

Certain people with MAAAAD mental illness really need em to survive and it's simple as that, but for everyone else who just has problems they need to work out its a total shit show. Anytime you're trying to chemically alter the brain you're gonna run into problems science isn't definite it's just the best course we have via trial and error and chemical synthesis. For some people it's absolutely needed I'd agree, but for a lot of people it just ends up a crutch and subsequently chemical dependence. They're chronically over prescribed to teens as well and in every case I've ever seen it damn near ruins their life. Seen a lot of suicides in people close to me cuz the doc chose to dope em up to the eyeballs on chemicals rather than acknowledge puberty a tumultuous time for a human being lol.

Well, I could cite you cases in which I know it has helped the patient tremendously. It is important to remember than one's personal experience can't be used as a marker for the field as a whole. At the end of the day, you've only seen a minuscule fraction of the cases, for a miniscule fraction of the symptoms and medications.

I also agree that sometimes, often, medication is sought or prescribed as an 'easy way out', because of slothfulness from the doctor or the despair-negligence of the patient. Sometimes, also often, it is sought and diagnosed in the correct instances, with reasonable motivations and with good results.

Rogan uses weed/psychedelics as a crutch because he can't write good comedy without it.

I like to watch his MMA related podcasts. He definitely tries to keep on the good side of a lot of people. But his strongest traits are he's hardworking, broadly curious, and ambitious, not that he's particularly intelligent. Schaub should be living in a van down by the river but since he's gone on the Joe Rogan Life Program he's getting pretty good jobs.

Rogan and his "fans" are drug-brain-fried morons.

He folds immediately to anyone's opinons on his podcast that are more alpha (5'7 and above) than himself and thinks that the weed he constantly smokes has made him unique.

He shits on anyone that is on antidepressants or anti anxiety meds because they alter your state of mind chemically but constantly smokes weed to not be in his own natural state of mind - chemically.
I notice on his podcast with the Kevin lee and Tyron he still tries that white supremacy shit not believing things from the black fighters pov I mean damn he doesn't agree at all

The main thing that annoys me about listening to his podcasts is when he has female guests on he is 100% fawning over them the whole time, you can even hear the different tone in his voice compared to when he speaks to men.

Other thing I noticed too is that some of the guests he has on the show, he tries to impress them with how much he knows about their area of expertise, and constantly interrupts them with fact dropping.

I remember him constantly doing that to Michael Ruppert both times he was on, and Michael would be speaking on something and Rogan would just interrupt him and start fact dropping, and you could hear Mike sigh every time it happened lol

Bit abnoxious at times.

Man you mentioned two of my favourite guests victor conte and michael ruppert. Those were the best podcast years in the icehouse, before his podcast became huge.

Joe is flawed just like all of us. His flaws is magnified because thousands listen to his podcast regularly. I think Joe needs a PR person to cull out his bad habits of bias, fallacies and stating "facts" as proofs.

Man you mentioned two of my favourite guests victor conte and michael ruppert. Those were the best podcast years in the icehouse, before his podcast became huge.

I like the older ones as well. Redban was annoying at times, but I still enjoyed them.

I've always been fascinated by guys like victor, Memo heredia and Patrick Arnold, guys who helped push human performance to its limits. The drug protocols and the science behind it I find very interesting. Wish they would have talked more about that when he was on.

Mike was a good guy. Had some good conversations with him.

He's gone off the deep end the past year or 2.

Those pills he takes are definitely affecting him.

I think the fame might be getting to his head too. He used to have even discussions with his comedian friends circle but now he just talks over them and lectures them.

His best podcast material is definitely behind him.

Back