Joe Rogan: Cain is the best heavyweight of all time..

Untitled-1-71.jpg

photo_1_d42406c5fb57303c078c47f0abb2dd27.jpg

8xY34ha.jpg

cain_velasquez.0.jpeg

Stipe

DC right there also..

I got Stipe Winning the belt back. The question is will DC do the right thing and give him a rematch.
The way the HW division is right now, Miocic might be next. Lewis just lost to DC. Ngannou looked like shit and is now facing Blaydes. DC doesn't look like he's going back down to LHW so the only option for DC is Miocic.

UFC 235, make it happen fuckers!!!!

If Cain fought back in PRIDE, he would have had steroids to help him with the injuries.

Velasquez could and would be a HW GOAT but he has to be in the cage to do so.

Hes fought like 14 times ever.

Fuck no he isn't. Great fighter in his "prime". From JDS to Werdum he fought like 3 people. Yea he looked real good in some fights but he also got KOd and subbed. Just crazy to say he was even close to Fedor.

I'd take Cain in his prime over any HW, problem is that it only lasted as long as most sherdoggers last in bed.

Fedor/Cro Cop/Nog and maybe even Couture all beat him just by longevity.

Depends on what one means. Most accomplished HW is by far Fedor.

Who would win in a fight in their prime, is an open question. Candidates include: Cain, Ubereem, Cormier, Stipe, Fedor...

I tend to think it's either prime Cain or Minakov.

I know im going to catch hell for this but ive always thought he was overrated. Cain benefited from an undefeated record and a lot of hype. Then he got injured and never fulfilled that potential.
Out of 14 fights in the UFC, 5 were against JDS or Antonio Silva.
He beat some great guys in dominant fashion but he only fights once or twice a year if that and now we find out he has been sitting out for over a year for...what?

Great fighter but im not buying the best ever hype.
Prime Fedor- 33 wins in 9 years
Prime Cain - 14 wins in 10 years
Prime Fedor > Prime Cain.

I love Fedor but no one is invincible. He almost got slept by Fujita (who doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as JDS or Stipe) and had a very close fight with Arona
Cain almost got slept by Kongo, multiple times... what's your point?

Rogan has a weird love for Cain. I remember last year on one of his first MMA podcasts with Schaub he was legit shocked Cain wasn't still ranked number 1 contender.

That being said, was he saying Cain was the best HW or best he has ever watched live in person? Thought I saw it as the latter recently and him on a seperate occasion mentioning never seeing Fedor fight in person

To be fair he barely makes the Top 10 all time. Mediocre body of work.

Fedor has the GOAT HW career
Cain has the GOAT HW prime

Not hard to grasp
How so? I mean maybe I'm dumb but I find that very hard to grasp.

Fedor had almost twice as many wins in his prime as Cain has career fights and beat 2 of the consensus top 5 all time HW (in there primes) and multiple former champions in that time.

What exactly did Cain do, fight the same 2 guys 5 times going 4-1?

This comment really is baffling, lol.

Fedor 23 fights in 4.5 years.

Cain 4 fights in the last 5 years.

Rogan has a weird love for Cain. I remember last year on one of his first MMA podcasts with Schaub he was legit shocked Cain wasn't still ranked number 1 contender.

That being said, was he saying Cain was the best HW or best he has ever watched live in person? Thought I saw it as the latter recently and him on a seperate occasion mentioning never seeing Fedor fight in person
Rogan doesn't really likes foreigners, eastern european even more.

Back