Joe Rogan: Cain is the best heavyweight of all time..

Cain went 4-1 against JDS and Big Foot over 3 years and will be the GOAT for all eternity by the sounds of it.

What's next, Weidman is the MW GOAT?

Rogan should be the new politically correct word for retard

Fedor was (let's be real here) 32-0 and undefeated for a decade before he finally got old and they found someone who beat him. Cain has already been KO'd and submitted in his prime. Dana pays Joe to say shit like that. It's ultimate disrespect towards Fedor to even consider someone close to his greatness. Feel free to argue who is #2 HW of all time but Fedor is the best by large margin.
I doubt he's intentionally shilling for Dana, but I'm sure the fact that he witnessed Cain cageside vs. secondhand has something to do with his bias

I agree with Joe. Is Cain the most durable fighter? No, not even close. But in the fights he had he showed me his greatness.

Until stipe showed up and defended 4 times...
1 more and dc is tied with cain... Big deal
Stipe got KO'd TWICE in his prime. Plus Stipe's wins are against Fedor's leftovers. 40 year old past their prime glass chins. Prime Fedor would murk Stipe easy

He could have been...

Coulda-Shoulda-Woulda.jpg

Now that Cain's career is basically over, I would definitely say no to Cain being the best HW ever.

He has some solid wins but he fought the same people over and over.

Not enough variance in competition and being largely inactive are definitely valid points.

Yeah. I think overall he didn't fight enough and he didn't fight enough fighters to cement that.

He has a good legacy but there's just too much "what if".

I Agree that Cain is probably worn and torn from his style of fighting/training over the years.

Fedor is still GOAT to me.

If Cain was active he might have proven himself to be the best HW of all time but he's far from done that, 14 fights in the last 10 years. also he's been finished twice. He's great but imo DC, Stipe and of course Fedor are all ahead of him with arguably Werdum as well.

Joe deals in hypothetical GOATs

There is nothing Cain did to objectively say he is the GOAT

He’s teetering in between one of the best to mostly what could’ve been

Might have been if his entire prime wasn't being injured and fighting JDS over and over and over.

He could have been but injuries (AKA) really fucked his career up, then he shit the bed in the Werdum fight and that's pretty much all she wrote.

Not bothered by his opinion. But to me it has to be Cormier, Stipe has the record so you have to consider him but the way Cormier beat Miocic was epic. Cormier is like 15-0 or something at HW, he didnt have one hard fight at HW and wins over guys like Stipe, Barnett, Mir and so on. To be honest i would favor Cormier over Cain.

Please don't use the Fedor won until he got old and Cain lost in his prime argument. Dude came from a two year layoff from injuries to fight Werdum.

If he's talking about an uninjured sea level Cain then he might be right!

Back